Fun Date Ideas

bluediamond0829

Hello Ladies I'm trying to think of some places or things to do that would be fun for dates(besides eating---well i mean food can be a option or part of it, but basically I'm trying to not have me and SO's dates be centered around food so I can watch my figure too)

So any ideas of dates would be great!!!

I'll start a list of some things just to have some ideas or tell me somethings that you and your SO or DH do for dates.

And how often do you go on dates?

I would love some places in ATL but if not then ideas would be fine!! :)

Minature Golf
Bowling
Lounges
Picnics in the park
Movies--drive in movies
Grabbin a drink at a nice spot
Dave and Busters(games)
Museums and attractions(Six Flags, Water park)

Okay any other ideas?

1)go to a restaurant that offers dance lessons in nyc there are restaurants that have live bands on Fridays and Sats and offer lessons in tango or salsa. You can go at lesson time, and stay after to practice what you just learned, and and/or sit down (and grab a bite or something to drink since you're not interested in eating),
2)plays/musicals
3)museums (i think you mentioned this but you can plan it out to be a fun day) like the met have cafes inside with music. you can walk in the park, go to the museum and then sit down and grab a drink (or whatever) while listening to music. IDK if atl is set up the same way but you get the idea
4) go to an art show
5)go to a comedy show
6)Think of something that's intrinsic to your city. For instance in NY be a tourist for a day. Do something cheesy and fun like catching a boat to Ellis Island (free), perhaps going to the botanical gardens there. There has to be something similar in atl or elsewhere.
7)go see some dance show like: ballet, modern, ballroom, hip hop or whatever!
8)I actually like book readings. If you both like that kinda thing, and then go afterwards to a cafe for an expresso and talk (er for me hot chocolate...not a coffee drinker)
9)There are cheesy tours in every major city and some free. In ny for instance there are horror tours, important monument tours, famous wrtier tours, and all kinds of tours of different sorts. Sign up for one and do something different. Then laugh about how awful it was or find yourself pleasantly surprised
9)Okay this requires food...uh oh. I have taken my SO on the search for the best doughnut (maybe four places or so that I've heard of, ) and we'll try them, and vote. Or the best apple pie, or the best pizza (this requires only ordering a slice and sharing it of course and going like three places). It's food related, but I'm a foodie, so I do stuff like this all the time.
10)Go listen to some good music or something new that you may not expect to like. My SO and I went to listen to these famous flamenco musicians. It was a fun show and a famous flamenco dancer even joined in which we weren't expecting. And he was bada$#. It was amazing seeing him while listening to the music.

HTH

adventerous:
1)Sky diving
2)bungee jumping

athletic
1)hiking
2)horseback riding

if you're by a beach
3)volley ball on the beach
4) a walk by the beach

Paintball!!!!
Sporting event
hot air ballooning
flea market
canoeing/kayaking/paddleboats at state parks
farmer's market
shoot pool
swimming, or attempting LOL
cultural festivals (they always have those in ATL)
umm, that's it for now. What are your interests?

Great ideas! Any other ideas?

I recently started dating this guy and I would like some more fun interactive dating ideas. Things that will help to bring out our personalities and create organic conversation.

I was listening to this therapist say that when first dating someone, dinners should come way down the line. He said that it was important for the couple to do something interactive and fun that would make them feel like they are building or creating something together, that they should have a common goal that would allow them to interact organically.

I'm thinking about:

iceskating

batting cages

observatory

aquarium

build-a-bear (never been to this and not sure if the man would want to do something like this, but at least it's doing something together).

rolling robots--this is similar to build-a-bear but it's making robots. that seems more man friendly.

I really like the idea of painting together or making pottery.

Back