from hair line to top of brastrap: how much????

Brownie

Hello everyone! I know just about everyone keeps up with inches around here, so how many inches is it from your hairline (in front) to the top of your brastrap? Thanks in advance?

It honestly depends on the person. I know that you have to take things into account, for example, some people are taller than others so you have to take height into account and even some people have longer or shorter necks, so I think it varies from person to person.

Cause' I'm short, only 5'1'', so bra strap for me is 23 inches...while that might not be bra strap for someone who is taller or has a longer neck but the same height as me..so you see it depends...but I dunno...thats just what I think( hope I helped a little!
grin.gif
)

Hey Brownie, brastrap for me is 24 inches. My hair is currently 22 inches. Waist length is 33 inches. I have a long way to go to my ultimate goal, but I'm having fun getting there
grin.gif
. I'm 5'9.

Hey Kamilla
wave.gif
! Looks like we are at the exact same length
smile.gif
..I just wanted to say "hey" and tell ya that I hope you're hair progress is going well!!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
hunnybunny81 said:
Hey Kamilla
wave.gif
! Looks like we are at the exact same length
smile.gif
..I just wanted to say "hey" and tell ya that I hope you're hair progress is going well!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey HunnyBunny81
grin.gif
Thanks for sayin hi!
Yeah, I'm comin along slowly,but surely
smirk.gif

So how long is your hair now? Mine is a little past shoulder in the back.

adrienne0914 said:
i'm 5'2". top of bra strap for me is 23". my hair is currently 26½". waist length is 30".

[/ QUOTE ]

congratulations! You're almost there. I'm almost 5'4, and I think I need 23 to top of bra strap. Right now, I think I'm at 21, but it's hard to tell because my hair shrinks up so much, and stretching out the waves/curls isn't accurate. I should need about 30 or 31 to get to waist. It's kind of hard to imagine waist length right now, but I think it might happen next year.

I'm 5'3" and top of bra strap is 23" and waist is 28". I believe I'm at 24.5 (or more) inches now..I'll know for sure on the 17th.

Hey Kamilla
wave.gif

Mine is a lil' past shoulders in the back also...its layered...which I don't mind, cause my hair is on the fine side and it makes it look fuller! But I think I'm at about 17 inches from hairline to end...maybe 17 1/2....I get a touch up in 2 weeks so I'll know for sure then!!!
wave.gif

I'm barely five feet so bra strap for me is only 22 inches. Who says tall girls have all the fun?
grin.gif

I'm 5'2" and I measured a little over 25½ inches in length. Bra strap is 23" and waist was 30" or 31" I wasn't really sure where my waist ends LOL.

lala said:
I'm 5'2" and I measured a little over 25½ inches in length. Bra strap is 23" and waist was 30" or 31" I wasn't really sure where my waist ends LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't either, lala!
laugh.gif
so i took the lowest point before my big butt got in the way. lol! so when i say my hair is waist length, i don't want there to be ANY doubt.

and i see you're my same height and right there with me length-wise!!
smile.gif

I'm 5'6" and bra-strap for me is 25" (top of bra-strap) 27" (bottom of bra-strap). I am a smidgen of 17" so I have between 8-10 inches to go. Right now I'm aiming for 23" as my second goal.

By reading these posts I find that not only height determines where bra-strap and waist length is as far as inches is concerned but the length of a person torso too.

Some ppl can be really tall, with a short torso (all legs) while others can be short with a long torso. So thats why i noticed a person can be 5'9 and have bra-strap length hair 25 inches, and one can be 5'2 also with 25 inches being bra strap as well. Just a thought....

maybe we should start posting out torso length too! LOL!
laugh.gif

caramelle said:
By reading these posts I find that not only height determines where bra-strap and waist length is as far as inches is concerned but the length of a person torso too.

Some ppl can be really tall, with a short torso (all legs) while others can be short with a long torso. So thats why i noticed a person can be 5'9 and have bra-strap length hair 25 inches, and one can be 5'2 also with 25 inches being bra strap as well. Just a thought....

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about that also, in regard to the torso length. I was also thinking on different people, the bra strap might be higher or lower. So
confused.gif
But I guess around 23 inches is about the standard for top of bra strap and around 31-34 should be waist length. So I guess if you get to bottom of bra strap, which should be around 26-27 inches, you should be home free for waist length hair. So, ladies all we have to do is get to the top of bra strap, the bottom and then waist. Boy, that sounds pretty easy!

caramelle said:

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Caramelle, I was thinking the same thing reading this thread. I noticed that brastrap for me was the same as for some people who were considerably shorter. I do have very long legs, so I guess that even though I'm tall, I have a normal size torso
grin.gif

skegeesmb said:
I'm 5'6" and bra-strap for me is 25" (top of bra-strap) 27" (bottom of bra-strap). I am a smidgen of 17" so I have between 8-10 inches to go. Right now I'm aiming for 23" as my second goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO. That would be 25 inches for me as well. Currently I'm at 21 inches.

Wait, so does this mean I am the shortest person on the board?
frown.gif

HoneyRockette said:
Wait, so does this mean I am the shortest person on the board?
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
You said you're barely five feet. Exactly what is your height?

adrienne0914 said:
i didn't either, lala!
laugh.gif
so i took the lowest point before my big butt got in the way. lol! so when i say my hair is waist length, i don't want there to be ANY doubt.

and i see you're my same height and right there with me length-wise!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that Adrienne. I've got some catching up to do though. I'm even considering a drawstring ponytail to give my hair a rest. I can always refer to your step-by-step instructions to be sure I'm doing it right. You give good common sense advice.

I don't have your voluptuous attributes to contend with, so I guess I should go with the lowest point.
smile.gif

I am 5'5
From hair line to bra strap = 24.5 inches
Current length = 15.5 inches

I hope to have bra strap length in eleven months. Nine inches in eleven months that is a realistic goal I think, minus the setbacks
grin.gif

In all truth my hair grows about .5" a month so it would realistically take me eighteen months to reach bra-strap, Hopefully it will happen this year, all you ladies give me hope.

Drea84
cool.gif

Armyqt said:
caramelle said:

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Caramelle, I was thinking the same thing reading this thread. I noticed that brastrap for me was the same as for some people who were considerably shorter. I do have very long legs, so I guess that even though I'm tall, I have a normal size torso
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Yeah..
Sometimes i think im all legs, and that i too have a "normal" torso. Cuz sitting down i dont look that tall, but when i stand up everyone is like
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
. I

Well, I'm 5'4(and a half)" tall, and bra-strap for me would be 25". Waist length for me is another 9 inches, so 34"!

Back