FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

I think that we need more input on what you all are using this month that is going really well... for our PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE of the month.

:yay:This challnge starts soon.

PE,
I know I would love to see us focus on a styling technique for the month. I have seen some creative TWA styles on different boards, but still find myself style challenged. Since we'll be in this stage for a while, how about we focus on a style we can achieve with 3 inches or more. I'm curious to see how creative the other twa'ers are with their daily styling. I recently found some very cute, stylish headbands and a week and a half ago realized I had enough hair to pick out and wear a headband, so I'll be rocking those (cute and simple).

However, I know I have enough length for twists, but I can't seem to get them to stay. I'm either not using enough product or using too much product. I would like to do them all over without having the parts show.

Any tips or suggestions from anyone?

PE,
I know I would love to see us focus on a styling technique for the month. I have seen some creative TWA styles on different boards, but still find myself style challenged. Since we'll be in this stage for a while, how about we focus on a style we can achieve with 3 inches or more. I'm curious to see how creative the other twa'ers are with their daily styling. I recently found some very cute, stylish headbands and a week and a half ago realized I had enough hair to pick out and wear a headband, so I'll be rocking those (cute and simple).

However, I know I have enough length for twists, but I can't seem to get them to stay. I'm either not using enough product or using too much product. I would like to do them all over without having the parts show.

Great Suggestion!!!so anyone else trying to figure out how to look hot with their twa! I am almost everday! I have been just playing up the curl and going for the wet look with shine, perfect for summer!

PE,

I love bambiix2 channel on youtube. Well, she doesn't do that much to her hair but I love the way she styles her curls. You probably know about curlynikki.com's TWA section ..

http://www.curlynikki.com/search/label/TWA Styles
If you scroll down you'll find some cool youtube videos.

I have another silly question. I think I may have measured horribly wrong earlier and I probably have 4+ inches of hair. This isn't necessarily bad, but this means I don't have a TWA, and I think not having one would make cowashing daily/every-other-day more difficult in terms of styling. I wanna start cowashing in the morning more frequently, but I don't know what to do after washing. I doubt I can do a WnG everyday because of tangling/SSK risks. But I also don't wanna have to deal with any time consuming styles like two strand twists or anything like that.

I know it sounds confusing, but the main thing is: I want to cowash daily, but since my hair has passed TWA status, what do I do with it (if that makes any sense)?

I have another silly question. I think I may have measured horribly wrong earlier and I probably have 4+ inches of hair. This isn't necessarily bad, but this means I don't have a TWA, and I think not having one would make cowashing daily/every-other-day more difficult in terms of styling. I wanna start cowashing in the morning more frequently, but I don't know what to do after washing. I doubt I can do a WnG everyday because of tangling/SSK risks. But I also don't wanna have to deal with any time consuming styles like two strand twists or anything like that.

I know it sounds confusing, but the main thing is: I want to cowash daily, but since my hair has passed TWA status, what do I do with it (if that makes any sense)?

Maybe some of the ladies with a little more length can help. How long is your hair??

A VERY FEW PEOPLE HAVE NOT GIVEN ME AT LEAST A ROUGH ESTIMATE OF THEIR HAIR LENGTH! I AM REMOVING PEOPLE FROM THE LIST IF YOU HAVE NO MEASUREMENTS AT ALL. BUT IN ALL HONESTY EVERYONE NEEDS TO BUY A TAPE MEASURE!!!!YOU CAN GET THEM AT THE DOLLAR STORE OR USE A RULER!! LATER IN THE CHALLENGE WE WILL BE ABLE TO GO BY NL/SL/APL/BSL etc etc BUT NOT NOW!

TOMORROW IS START DAY!

OK Tamrin we are not keeping this up Ma'am :nono:. You need to buy a satin pillowcase if you are not going to wear a scarf and since our hair is still short you can do the condish only thing but YOU MUST seal with a light oil, can we agree on this for now????:look:

Don't worry about me. All MY pillow cases are satin. I'm just not feeling the scarves and caps right now. Don't get me wrong I have 10 Silk scarves and 7 caps. lol. I'm trying not to use oils for now. but I spritz with Ozonated water 3 to 4 times a day. Im just trying to simplify my life right now. I have too many things I was doing. Oils and products after products. I'm on board. I choose to do it the simple way.

Don't worry about me. All MY pillow cases are satin. I'm just not feeling the scarves and caps right now. Don't get me wrong I have 10 Silk scarves and 7 caps. lol. I'm trying not to use oils for now. but I spritz with Ozonated water 3 to 4 times a day. Im just trying to simplify my life right now. I have too many things I was doing. Oils and products after products. I'm on board. I choose to do it the simple way.
Great!!!!!!

Ever think about wearing a puff? This is my second time going natural. The first time around I used to wash and go daily and put it in a puff. I still retained alot of length as well. :yep:

A VERY FEW PEOPLE HAVE NOT GIVEN ME AT LEAST A ROUGH ESTIMATE OF THEIR HAIR LENGTH! I AM REMOVING PEOPLE FROM THE LIST IF YOU HAVE NO MEASUREMENTS AT ALL. BUT IN ALL HONESTY EVERYONE NEEDS TO BUY A TAPE MEASURE!!!!YOU CAN GET THEM AT THE DOLLAR STORE OR USE A RULER!! LATER IN THE CHALLENGE WE WILL BE ABLE TO GO BY NL/SL/APL/BSL etc etc BUT NOT NOW!

TOMORROW IS START DAY!

GEEEZ LOUIS!!! CRACKING THE WHIP!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:
I'M 3 INCHES CHECKING IN!

SO TIRED OF THE OILY PILLOW CASES I'M SLEEPIN ON TOWELS

I don't have a regimen....but i conditioner wash daily...often twice (one lather each session) due to my HORRIBLE ITCHING SCALP

i steam at least once per week
i'm TRYING to go at 64 ounces of water daily
i'm switching from leaving conditioner in....to kimmaytube's leave in mix

ANYBODY USING KINKY CURLY KNOT TODAY??? OR HAVE A BETTER MOISTURIZING/DETANGLER TYPE LEAVE IN???? <<< no cones
i oil my scalp (natural oils) with each wash & cowash:ohwell:

vitamins<<-- too hard....once a week maybe, will try to go harder on this issue

LET THE CHALLENGE BEGIN!!!!FROM BC TO WL!!!!!!

I hope everyone reaches their goals, HHG!

~PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE/STYLE OF THE MONTH~

~~~~STYLE: ACCESSORIZING YOUR TWA~~~~

Nominated by Karameldiva1978!!

I have added pics for inspiration!!!

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    1.bmp
    91.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 4.bmp
    4.bmp
    16.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 30
MY CONTRIBUTION TO THE STYLE OF THE MONTH! taken the night of my BC 04/18/10.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD YOURS THROUGHOUT THE MONTH!

Attachments

• memorial 211.jpg
    memorial 211.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 50
Please, please let me join! I BC'd March 22, 2009, but am currently only 3 - 4 inches in in length. The longest part of my hair is ALMOST 4.5 inches, but that ain't nothin'! :perplexed

Stress, poor eating habits, and more stress :wallbash: has caused my scalp to experience a whole lotta tension, and I believe that has been the reason why, in the 15 months since my BC I don't really have much to show for it. I have pics from about the first 8 months but then I got married and starting doing shows all over the US, so things have been a bit hectic. They have since simmered down, but I need this challenge to help get me back in the HGH-state that I began.

Here are some pics from before to now...

Please let me know if I can join!!!!

So far this is my regimen, just starting it this week:
Wash every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Condition with Aphogee 2-minute Reconstructor on Mondays
Condition with KeraCare Humecto Creme Conditioner on Wednesdays
Deep-Condition with ORS Olive Oil Replenshing Pak on Fridays (at least 1 hour)
I use Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1 as my daily moisturizer
I also use Pure Shea Butter, Haitian Oil, CHI Silk Infusion, and Water in my hair. Sometimes I'll make a mix or apply individually.
I also use MN on my trouble spots.

I hope I'm pleading my case for membership well!

~me :rolleyes:

(Will repost pics when I get home...)

Hello Challengees! I want to add that I started taking futurebiotics hair, skin and nail pills yesterday. Ive never had any luck with hair growth in the past using supplements, it always seems as if my nails grow unbelievably long but I never notice a difference in my hair. I will let you guys know if I experience any results.

I will also be ordering a hair mask from Arbonne..I tried a sample and I loved how it made my hair retain moisture. I will be giving updates on that as well when I use it the second time around.

i already thanked your post but i just want to make sure my name is added. I BC'd monday, June 28th 2010. My hair type is 3c and my hair length is 2 inches at the most. My current regime is eating healthy, exercising 7 days a week, taking my multi vitamin and flax seed a day. My hair regime is bee mine growth serum with sulfer infuiums 21 moisturizer, and doo gro hair oil to seal. I cowash everyday with infusium 23. Right now i am on my phone cause my computer is not working i will post pics as soon as i can.

I BC'd Sept 30,2009 to half an inch of hair. I currently have 4-5 inches of hair around my head.
I am 4a/4b, and my hair is protien sensetive. My hair like shea butter and glycerine (I have yet to try mixing the two but its sure to come) And my hair loves water.

Right now I am trying to DC twice a week and have my hair twisted up for the most part.
I will add more later, this is my intro.

Warning!!! The pics are huge when you click on them. sorrry

Attachments

• IMG00090-20100620-1929.jpg
    IMG00090-20100620-1929.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG00085-20100620-1714.jpg
    IMG00085-20100620-1714.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG00098-20100701-0751.jpg
    IMG00098-20100701-0751.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG00093-20100701-0744.jpg
    IMG00093-20100701-0744.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG00095-20100701-0747.jpg
    IMG00095-20100701-0747.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Kool...I just figured out how to make attachments...

The photo with straight hair is just a flat-ironed shot...I've been natural for 7 years but I big chopped in January...:grin:

please forgive my unphotogenic-ness...I had ringworm in the pictures...Dang kids!

I will continue to take my Chlorella, exercise, and eat well...

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Photo on 2010-05-03 at 12.05.jpg
    Photo on 2010-05-03 at 12.05.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Hello Challengees! I want to add that I started taking futurebiotics hair, skin and nail pills yesterday. Ive never had any luck with hair growth in the past using supplements, it always seems as if my nails grow unbelievably long but I never notice a difference in my hair. I will let you guys know if I experience any results.

I will also be ordering a hair mask from Arbonne..I tried a sample and I loved how it made my hair retain moisture. I will be giving updates on that as well when I use it the second time around.

when i get through the thousands of vitamins i purchased at the start of my hair journey:nono::nono::nono: i will be switching to dem' hair infinity joints!

I love bambiix2 channel on youtube. Well, she doesn't do that much to her hair but I love the way she styles her curls. You probably know about curlynikki.com's TWA section ..

http://www.curlynikki.com/search/label/TWA Styles
If you scroll down you'll find some cool youtube videos.

I haven't seen the YT videos on curlynikki, but yes, I have seen the TWA thread and those ladies are fierce. I can't do any of the hair styles yet, I'm mostly waiting for length and practice. :yep: Thanks, I'm going to look at it!

Back