French Bouffant Roller Group Buy

We may be in luck for the 1.2" though, I found another option but I'm waiting for them to tell me how many they have on stock. Guess they're not getting back to me today but I'll hopefully have an update tomorrow.

So I'm no longer sure about this vendor I mentioned, with the 1.2in rollers. I had sent them an email, I got a response (may be automated) saying they'd look into it and respond soon. They haven't, so I called and the number is disconnected :ohwell: I found another email on their site and it's not working either, so I checked them out on Facebook and Twitter and their lasts posts were in 2013. I'm wondering if that supplier isn't out of business or something. However one can still place an order, I went through nearly every step until the last validation. This place is slightly cheaper (9.84€ instead of 10.05€ for the 1.2") and even the 2" is less there. I'll keep trying, will update on this if someone gets back to me.

Edit: So I placed an order and it went through! Was able to pay with PayPal even, which is a really nice option. Um, so I guess we're good? I feel a little uneasy going through a vendor that doesn't communicate and has no phone number though. And I still don't know how many they have in stock. I can literally add over 1000 of each roller to my cart and it accepts it (whereas the other sites show a pop-up saying they do not have the stock) which is weird. Hmm...gonna play it safe for now but maybe we're good?

Last edited:
Yesterday I finally located a distributor that carries almost every size! But of course they charge for shipping :rolleyes: however the rollers are at a great price though, so it may be worth it despite the kinda high shipping. Had we placed our first order through these guys, the difference would've been of a euro or two more.

Their prices are:

blue 50mm or 2": 15.80€ (vs 17.76€, our current price)
red 40mm or 1.6": 13.50€ (vs 27.28€)
blue 35mm or 1.4": 11.30€
red 30mm or 1.2": 9.80€ (vs 10.05€)
blue 26mm or 1": 8.90€
red 15mm or .6": 6.80€
blue 12mm or 1/2": 5.90 (vs 6.15€)

Their shipping increments by about a euro per pack, no matter the roller size it seems. So the first pack starts at 6.52€, second pack 7.53€, third pack 8.53€, fifth pack 10.53€, sixth 11.54€ etc. We could also consider only using this distributor for those wanting the expensive 1.6in or other unavailable sizes? Or everything from here? What say you ladies!

prices.jpg

Last edited:
@Amarilles

This vendor is good since we can get all sizes. Change the 2 packs of 1/2 inch to 2 packs of 1 inch please.

So for me that's
2 packs blue 2 inch
2 packs red 1.6 inch
2 packs blue 1 inch

I guess I need pins as well?

I like this new vendor! I'd like to switch to 3 packs of 1.4 inch.
If they don't have enough, 3 packs of 1.6 please.
(And if those are out, 3 of 1.2)

If there's any of the sizes I prefer, I'll take however many are left and then add up to 3 packs with the next size. (Like 1 x 1.4, 2 x 1.6).

(Got to cover all the bases, lol.)

What is the cost of the pins and first round shipping again? I need a total cost but I know that you have to first figure out how many orders there will be. I've already went outta control on hair stuff this month and I am being watched by SO. LOL, I gotta be on some :sekret:.

Perfect, I'll slowly start updating your orders on post 292!

@MissCrawford indeed the shipping depends...these smaller rollers take up less volume/space and weigh less than the 2" so I'm expecting cheaper US shipping this time around. It's hard to say exactly though. I'm back to hoping that we can use one or two of the 55€ flat rate boxes, if weight allows us.

I've found cheaper pins but always out of stock, I've seen as low as 14€ for our 100 pack. So far the cheapest is what we currently have (18.72€) but I'll definitely update if I find something better. Unless y'all are interested in the smaller pins or less quantity? The new vendor we have doesn't carry the 3" pins but even if they did, I'm not sure it'd be a good idea through them, as their shipping increases per item. So far we'd get the pins from our very first vendor, unless I find cheaper ones in stock.

I've set someone else's APL hair with the 2 inch magnetic rollers before. The French rollers are a lot wider than magnetic rollers so it may take less of the rollers to set but I'm sure it can be done.
Ok thanks. I think I'll be cutting my hair to APL soon and maintaining at that length. maybe.

@Amarilles, I want to add to my order of course. lol. In addition to the (2) .5", (1) 1.2", (1) 1.6" packs that you have me down for, I'd like to add (2) 1" and (1) 1.4" and (2) packs of pins.

I know when I get/use these rollers, my mother, daughter and bff will want some so I'm trying to order some for everybody.

ETA: scratch the pins based on your post about the costs. If the pins suddenly become available at an affordable cost then I'll get them then.

@Missjaxon did you want the pins? I do believe they're optional, ladies said they have used the duckbilled metal clips with the rollers without a problem. Do lemme know if I should add them.

@curlicarib did you want 1 or 2 packs of the 1.2" (if you still want this size!)

@MissCrawford do let me know what you're taking, if anything! I have you on 1.6in but no amount. I can try to give you a total (an estimate due to the shipping) once you know what you'd potentially order. Also keep in mind that I'll send you ladies invoices but you can definitely opt out.

Although on second thought, maybe y'all could tell me if you know you're no longer interested in something, posted here or by PM? As they'll be that shipping price (vendor to me) to split, and it varies per item, I'll calculate it according to what is listed in post 292. But I guess if you ladies end up overpaying or underpaying (because of this shipping) I'll adjust things during the US Shipping round.

Gotcha @Rozlewis, sorry!

What's the deadline to decide? Thanks!
So after consulting with my partner-in-crime @MileHighDiva :lol:... what if we take orders for another week and I send invoices next Saturday, 3/19? The payment cutoff can be the following weekend, Sunday, 3/27 at the latest. I'll then place the order early (my time) on Monday, 3/28.

I suppose we can do like last time and also take orders/send invoices up until the cutoff. So you have time to decide @AgeinATL

I have APL length hair! Idk which size to get? I feel like I need to wait to use the 2 inch ones until my hair is at least BSL! What size would anyone recommend for APL hair?

Back