For those of you who've dated men from Europe...

Ozma

How did you meet them?
Through college/professional school?
International dating site?
On the job?
Travel?

I am interested in meeting a man from a Western European country. I've traveled to London, Brussels, Verona and Paris in the last few years, and on each trip, I've met attractive, intelligent men. They have a refreshing appreciation for women of color, imho. Maybe that's not the reality, and you have a better perspective than I do; I'd appreciate any comments or feedback.
Anyway, if you have used a dating site, could you recommend a decent one (ie, low numbers of creeps and wackos)?

I met them at college and college social events.

If you are in school I say start there. I'm not too sure how meeting on a site would go.
I suppose there are probably site specifically for that, but you would have to watch out for alterior motives and you may be starting your relationship off long distance.

The French guy I dated I met at a lounge back when I lived in NYC. My room mate was chatting he and his friend up and when she discovered they were from Paris she was like "Oh you gotta meet my friend she's been to Paris and speaks French" (an exaggeration, I only know elementary level French :lol:). Anyway, that's how I met boyfriend number three. He was an engineer working at the France Telecom offices in NYC. He turned out to be an arrogant b*st*rd, but I did eat at all of the best French restaurants in Manhattan while we were dating, lol! He also had great tastes in gifts (the only boyfriend I had who bought me stuff from Hermes). Too bad he was an arrogant b*st*ard. :lol:

I went on a few dates with a guy from the Netherands. My friends and I met he and his friends while we were out in Orlando one night (at Universal City Walk). We dated for a short while cause he had to go back to Amsterdam. He was the best kisser! I mean the best I've ever kissed. :yep:

The Italian boyfriend I met back at one of my old jobs. He was over in the U.S. working for one year (contract thing). He also turned out to be a total jerk and a little controlling so we lasted only a couple months. One of the worst kissers ever!:perplexed Italians are great lovers my foot! (although we never made it quite that far, lol!)

Sorry for the novel!

Wow- I dated a German guy from Frankfurt a couple of months in college. He was a complete gentleman and hot as hell. Turned out he did some modeling over there. My only frustration was the constant questioning of American culture and him not "getting it". Other than that he was great. Really treated me with respect and made me feel like a lady.

I met my ex-Italian guy at work. I used to work in a research lab and he was there to finish his PhD. It's a cute little story because he asked me out, but I thought he just meant as friends so I initially said yes. After some thought, I realized he meant a date and I cancelled plans. 6 months later he asked me out again, and we dated his last 4 months in the country. We said that we weren't going to continue our relationship overseas, but remained in contact for the following 2 years (main reason I got Vonage). It was so hard seeing him leave and I probably wouldn't repeat such a relationship, but I don't regret this one at all; He was a very special dude :yep:

Back