What I Learned Tindering My Way Across Europe

Poor girl, she seems so lost. I can surmise that her upbringing contributed to her sad state of mind. I'm so used to beautiful, fashion-forward, confident Black women. She is the antithesis to everything I've ever learned and seen of Black women. She has absolutely no chill. She is willingly hooking up with scummy losers. This is just so disgusting to me.

And as for her theory on dating as a Black woman.. don't get me started. I concur that being Black is the least of her problems.

I only skimmed the article but being black is the least of this woman's problems. Aside from her appearance, her personality seems bland. She's desperate. I didn't read anything about her hobbies, passions, interests and what attracts her. Physical appeal may help you get a man but it's the emotional that keeps him. And I don't think she has it.

Ordinarily I'd be inclined to think being black is a deterrent im my dating life but I don't see many women of any race getting with quality men. For me I think it's s matter of exposure and my environment which is why I'm looking to move.

I wish y'all would get over this 'black women are undesirable' thing. It's utterly ridiculous.
Yea I stopped skimming when I saw her write black women have been the most undateable since 2009 or whatever. Girl buu all of my friends date even my awkward self can get dates. It's not about getting a date but having a meaningful companion for many of the women I know.

But any who using tinder to find things to do when traveling seems din but also dangerous.
Really get a local experience

Reactions: JFK
Aww, I was being serious. I mean I can see the obvious (that she's overweight) which might be the biggest issue for her. But besides that, I'm just wondering what else you think is the problem. Clothing? Make-up?
All of it. :look:

Men like the strangest things, and I believe there is a pot for every lid. But 99% of men are not going to look at that photo and think she's fine. Granted, you only need one guy to 'bite', but if you are her age and still single, you need to start increasing your desirability factor across the board.

Nothing about that photo makes her look like a woman anyone wants to date. And the article confirms everything the photo tells us.

Interesting this thread was bumped, yesterday I was talking to a stable, handsome middle-aged black guy who told me he uses Tinder. I was giving him a hard time about it, but he told me that 95% of the women on there state in their profiles that they want a real relationship, not just a hookup. IMO that's part of the reason why they're single...they are looking for marriage on a hookup app, which basically shouts "I'm completely clueless about the opposite sex. I reek of desperation."

He said he just uses it like a regular dating site. :rolleyes:

Interesting this thread was bumped, yesterday I was talking to a stable, handsome middle-aged black guy who told me he uses Tinder. I was giving him a hard time about it, but he told me that 95% of the women on there state in their profiles that they want a real relationship, not just a hookup. IMO that's part of the reason why they're single...they are looking for marriage on a hookup app, which basically shouts "I'm completely clueless about the opposite sex. I reek of desperation."

He said he just uses it like a regular dating site. :rolleyes:

:lachen: :lachen:

DrielyS-3370.0.jpg

this is the only other pic i could find
She would look better with natural hair

DrielyS-3370.0.jpg

this is the only other pic i could find

I didn't read past the first sentence of that article, but there's something about this photo that screams "I don't love myself." It's just something about her face, and it's not the homeliness. Homely people get love.

i find this issue common amongst us...blk women say men are not checking for them and then i see them like you need to get your look together....and some other things...like men can pick up on things...:look:
ive never got the impression that men dont check for blk women..we are some beautiful women and our features are gorg...
whenever i see a woman having trouble dating or even being approached by men...i can figure it out in all of 5 secs....its you boo figure out your je nais sais quou and go from here...figure out your IT factor...and lead from there...

Honestly reading this made sad for her. After seeing her picture I know the likely reason why men don't care much for her, she's out of shape and dresses wrong for her body. She just wants the reason to be that she's black.
Let me just leave it at that.

So let me get this right, she didn't find herself desirable until she went on a series of crappy dates with White European guys who pretty much treated her like a hole? This article was uninspiring and disappointing. I really hate that she is supporting that OK Cupid article. UGH

I live in the Midwest and find myself desired by men of all races.
However, I don't like most of them. I am very selective to a fault.
That's another issue I guess.

I didn't read past the first sentence of that article, but there's something about this photo that screams "I don't love myself." It's just something about her face, and it's not the homeliness. Homely people get love.
She's trying to hard in that photo like many people do when they try to hide their size and insecurities.

She looks so... Williamsburg. And to be honest, this article is very Williamsburg-sounding. Until she mentioned her race I thought she was white.

:lachen: What does that mean? I imagine whitegirls like Lena Dunham?

I keep coming into this thread. Didn't read her entire article. I get the gist. :look:

She could be dope if she wanted to. I think all Black women have dope potential. :)

She looks British and the beginning of the article kinda sounded like she was a white British woman.
Girl yes! I was seriously reading it and thinking that it reads like a bunch of chick lits I've read from British women, so why is she talking about the US?! Then outta nowhere, she's like "I'm black and nobody wants black women." I was like o_O, then I just stopped reading.

In any case, I've met a few women like her. They blame all their woes on being black. Look, I get it that it's hard to put effort into your appearance - it requires work, dedication and discipline. I myself struggle with my weight. Few women wake up every day looking like 10/10.

However, you can't neglect your appearance and presentation, then go and blame blackness. This is 100% a case of externalizing the problem - it's easier to blame something you can't control (your race), than to blame yourself for something you can change.

I just wish these morons would stop dragging the rest of us into their low self-esteem spirals.

I just opened my tinder it says I'm a gold digger interested in wealthy men i have 35 new matches 1 ceo 2 vps 1 cio and a few dudes in private aircraft i am obviously black in all my pics the rest of my matches mostly look like desirable men i know I'm not getting what i want cause I'm fat if something aint working change it. Chick needs me to rewrite her profile
:yep: I get more matches on tinder than I know what to do with. I'm beautiful and my profile is interesting and I get told as much (and more). I would say my profile is as captivating as my pics but I know men. I have drinks with a hedge fund manager this week and a politician has been asking when I'll call him :look:

Back