For the non married women. Do you ever fantasize

Je Ne Sais Quoi

About how your wedding will be? I think about it alot and just imagine it will be like a fairytale :lol: How do you imagine your to end up? Have you already started planning it even though you aren't involved at the moment? :)

I used to.

I had a dress picked out, the guest list, the whole 9, LOL. I never in my life thought I'd still be single with no kids at 29. Never.

But know, I don't really think about it much at all. While I would still like to get married, I have to say it doesn't have the same appeal to me as it did I was younger. While I never really had examples of healthy, productive marriages around me bacl, I still strongly believed in it. Now, it just seems like a such a joke to so many people.

I think I want to have kids more than I want to get married. But I want to be married when I have kids. Go figure, LOL.

Last edited:
I don't fantasize so much as I "take notes" on what I see when I go to friends' weddings and weddings I see on television . . . I want my wedding to be a classy, inclusive day . . . .

Yeah I fantasize about city hall as opposed to the $30,000 my father spent on my last marriage :eek: (I'm divorced now :look: )

ncarter72 said:
Yeah I fantasize about city hall as opposed to the $30,000 my father spent on my last marriage :eek: (I'm divorced now :look: )

Woah nelly. I think about that too. Of course I'd love to have a big wedding, but a sistah would love the downpayment on a home a whole lot more!

Heck yeah!

But I fantasize about everything, so fantasizing about weddings is just par for the course for me. :)

I got some locations picked out in my head and some dresses... and my bridesmaids... once I get a groom, I'm good to go! :lachen:

It doesn't help that my mom has great design/planning skills (almost pursued a career in that field) and she already wants to handle EVERYTHING! Go for it mom... save me some time and stress, seriously!

For some reason, I always saw myself getting married at 32 though... so I'm still on schedule. :lol:

I used to visualize how my wedding would be. Now, I have mixed feelings about marriage and don't do it much, anymore.

*Bre~Bre* said:
As you should! :) Are you imagining it right now? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep!!!:lol:

And my future husband is going to luv me sooooo much. I luv him...:kiss2: Yes, I know I'm not dating and I don't have any prospects as of now....but I luv him okay and there's nothing anyone can do about it, because it's my fantasy?!:lachen: :drunk:

klb120475 said:

And my future husband is going to luv me sooooo much. I luv him...:kiss2: Yes, I know I'm not dating and I don't have any prospects as of now....but I luv him okay and there's nothing anyone can do about it, because it's my fantasy?!:lachen: :drunk:

LOL. Too cute.

Gon' and have your fantasy, girl!!!

klb120475 said:

LOL I love it!!!!

Mestiza said:
I used to visualize how my wedding would be. Now, I have mixed feelings about marriage and don't do it much, anymore.

Not to be nosy but do you care to elaborate? What has swayed you?

Yep, all the time...i have everything planned out just waiting on the man:look: its going to be a destination wedding (Hawaii)

*Bre~Bre* said:
Woah nelly. I think about that too. Of course I'd love to have a big wedding, but a sistah would love the downpayment on a home a whole lot more!

Yeah, I don't know if I'm speaking because of my failed marriage but it lasted one night, and I have a whole bunch of pretty pictures that no one wants to look at now. I still yell at my father to take down my wedding picture in his living room:lol: .

Anyway, it just seems that the money sure could have gone towards the house that I nearly lost because I couldn't maintain the mortgage on my own.

Next time, because I definitely would like there to be a next time, I would do things differently. Like seriously getting married in city hall with two witnesses and using whatever money I have saved for children for their education, a new home, retirement, anything other than a night of everyone pissy drunk (husband especially :mad: ) (I'm not angry)

If I were still married to the man, would I have regretted the money spent? Probably not, my father enjoyed giving away his little girl.

I used to all the time. I would even lurk on the ChocolateBrides website frequently to get ideas from the brides on there. A Wedding Story on TLC used to be my show! I don't fanatasize about my big day nearly as much these days, hardly ever really. Don't see the point when I can't even get a boyfriend. :ohwell:

ncarter72 said:
Yeah, I don't know if I'm speaking because of my failed marriage but it lasted one night, and I have a whole bunch of pretty pictures that no one wants to look at now. I still yell at my father to take down my wedding picture in his living room:lol: .

Anyway, it just seems that the money sure could have gone towards the house that I nearly lost because I couldn't maintain the mortgage on my own.

Next time, because I definitely would like there to be a next time, I would do things differently. Like seriously getting married in city hall with two witnesses and using whatever money I have saved for children for their education, a new home, retirement, anything other than a night of everyone pissy drunk (husband especially :mad: ) (I'm not angry)

If I were still married to the man, would I have regretted the money spent? Probably not, my father enjoyed giving away his little girl.

Awww *sniff*. That is super sweet :)

klb120475 said:
Why is that?
Mestiza said:

*Bre~Bre* said:
Not to be nosy but do you care to elaborate? What has swayed you?
There are so many people who thought that they were in great marriages and found out that it was the complete opposite. There are a lot of married couples who seem to be miserable. I'm not completely ruling marriage out b/c there are a few of them that seem to be great ones. The unhappily married couples far outweigh the happily married ones that I've seen.

Last edited:
SeatownSista said:
I used to all the time. I would even lurk on the ChocolateBrides website frequently to get ideas from the brides on there. A Wedding Story on TLC used to be my show! I don't fanatasize about my big day nearly as much these days, hardly ever really. Don't see the point when I can't even get a boyfriend. :ohwell:

You are such a pretty girl. The men in your area are obviously idiots :lol:

SeatownSista said:

Ugh, A Wedding Story and A Baby Story depress the hell outta me. I had to stop watching, LOL.

Back