For the non married women. Do you ever fantasize

*Bre~Bre* said:
About how your wedding will be? I think about it alot and just imagine it will be like a fairytale :lol: How do you imagine your to end up? Have you already started planning it even though you aren't involved at the moment? :)

After being the Maid of Honor for my BF a few months ago, there's no way in hell I can fantasize about my wedding day, talk about HIGHLY STRESSFUL:perplexed. But, everything turned out beautifully and we 'partied like rock stars totally dude' at the reception, so I guess all the preparation was worth it. However, I would prefer a destination wedding and ALL the details handled by the planner and hubby to be...pretty much I want everything done for me...except I will pick out my wedding gown.:D

Glamourous said:
Yep. It will be a shotgun joint at the local justice of the peace. I will wear all white (maybe not a dress). Only my grandmother (and whoever my spouse wants) can be there. After that she can tell everyone (cause she is the family gossip) but by then me and my spouse will have moved into out new house. We wont let anyone know where we live until at least 3 months after the wedding. We gonna need that time alone. ;):D

Ooooh, a sassy white pant suit!! I like that idea. Very unconventional :)

This sounds like a perfect idea :lol:

frankie said:
After being the Maid of Honor for my BF a few months ago, there's no way in hell I can fantasize about my wedding day, talk about HIGHLY STRESSFUL:perplexed. But, everything turned out beautifully and we 'partied like rock stars totally dude' at the reception, so I guess all the preparation was worth it. However, I would prefer a destination wedding and ALL the details handled by the planner and hubby to be...pretty much I want everything done for me...except I will pick out my wedding gown.:D

Yes, there is alot of planning and effort involved but when everything falls into place it's just magical. *siiiiiiggggghhhh* :)

Blossssom said:
I know what you mean about "a certain mold". It doesn't matter how pretty you and I are, if you don't "fit the description", you need not apply.

And although I've been told by a couple of Bay Area sisters that there are plenty of black women with non-black men, I am YET to see an influx.

So it's like interracial dating is not even an option.

The last date I went on was about a month ago (a 50ish black man). We went and had drinks and then caught the movie Mr. Brooks. I really enjoyed the outing but when it was time to end the date (it was after midnight), he was trying to get me to come into his apartment, and I refused. I know what happens at that time of night and he was pawing me in the car.

Anyway, I called him two days after that and told him what a nice time I had and he said he did too and that he would call me during the week to set up a lunch date.

Ain't heard from him.

Blosssom, you are a beautiful woman. Let go of Tim. He's married. LOL
There must be some nice guys where you live. I'm telling myself I'm jumping on the divorcee train :D In our age, couples start to divorce so the men are already house trained and all.

*Bre~Bre* said:
This just made we want to gag. What in the hell gives the man a right to think that just because you went out he is now entitled to "have his way" with you? Pretty pathetic. And I'm not surprised he hasn't called you back. He figured you aren't going to give up the goodies so he's not going to waste any more money. He is too old to be playing this game. :mad:

Yea, pretty much.

FlowerHair said:
There must be some nice guys where you live. I'm telling myself I'm jumping on the divorcee train :D In our age, couples start to divorce so the men are already house trained and all.

There AIN'T none! LOL!

Maybe I can convince Marta to divorce "Tim". Heehee!

I'm sure he's housebroken after 20 years of Bliss :(

Oh well :)

It's wedding season, so who isn't thinking about weddings? :look:
I like to think more about the ring, then the actual event. which just looks stressful. I gets alot more severe when I'm on with my on again off again, so right now I've been having visions of white, lol.

FlowerHair said:

Good point!:lol:

Blossssom said:
I don't mind the divorced part, but I can't deal with anyone's kids... no!

Well then you may as well give it up now sistah! Cuz you know that most married, now divorced "mens" usually have chilren :lol:

Yea, a whole slew of them! Heck, "Tim" has for of 'em!

What would I want with them? LOL!

Do you think they would like having a black stepmother? Ha!

Blossssom said:
Yea, a whole slew of them! Heck, "Tim" has for of 'em!

What would I want with them? LOL!

Do you think they would like having a black stepmother? Ha!

Lookie here.....we might have to start a separate thread for you....cause we suppose to be in here fantasizing and stuff.:lol:

klb120475 said:
Lookie here.....we might have to start a separate thread for you....cause we suppose to be in here fantasizing and stuff.:lol:

Well that's why I'm in trouble now *sniff*

Too much fantasizing :p

I am recently divorced... But I can honestly say I STILL fantasize about it because I felt so ugly and stressed on my wedding day. I just felt like everything was "wrong". I forced myself to smile and look/feel happy.

So, yeah *sigh*... I still dream of feeling beautiful, stress-free, and truly happy on my wedding day, and having the husband of my dreams :(

(or at least one who acts older than a disturbed 6 year old)

NoNapNique said:
I am recently divorced... But I can honestly say I STILL fantasize about it because I felt so ugly and stressed on my wedding day. I just felt like everything was "wrong". I forced myself to smile and look/feel happy.

So, yeah *sigh*... I still dream of feeling beautiful, stress-free, and truly happy on my wedding day, and having the husband of my dreams :(

lol at your fine print.....:lachen:

NoNapNique said:

:eek: :eek: :eek: Eek! No bride should ever feel this way on her special day. What happened????

I'm getting married next year. I never really though about my wedding day. when we decide that we where going to get married the first thought that jumped into my head was city hall. Our family's wasn't trying to hear that. Our family was planning a big wedding for us but being that we might have to move around the same time of the wedding. The big wedding plans was X out. Now we are getting marred in PR.

The only thing i fantasize about my wedding day is My MBL hair. lol

I sometimes do....I really really want a destination wedding. I enjoy the outdoors :love: I already know that I am not wearing a puffy princess dress and my dad will not be giving me away.

shynessqueen said:
I'm getting married next year. I never really though about my wedding day. when we decide that we where going to get married the first thought that jumped into my head was city hall. Our family's wasn't trying to hear that. Our family was planning a big wedding for us but being that we might have to move around the same time of the wedding. The big wedding plans was X out. Now we are getting marred in PR.

The only thing i fantasize about my wedding day is My MBL hair. lol

Ride or Die!!! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Ayeshia said:
I sometimes do....I really really want a destination wedding. I enjoy the outdoors :love: I already know that I am not wearing a puffy princess dress and my dad will not be giving me away.

Yes, this is a no-no for me as well!

klb120475 said:
You musn't think like that......:nono:
oh it's not concious or anything... I just have never thought about it enough to fantasize and I really don't know if it's going to happen. Maybe that's a sign? :D

SkinnyMocah said:
oh it's not concious or anything... I just have never thought about it enough to fantasize and I really don't know if it's going to happen. Maybe that's a sign? :D

Well, I want you to start thinking positive....ain't nothing like a good fantasy to make you happy.;)

*Bre~Bre* said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: Eek! No bride should ever feel this way on her special day. What happened????

Well, it all started when I said "yes" to his proposal... Never should have married him to begin with, then it all went down-hill from there - probably the "universe" telling me "DON'T DO IT!"... We met in Nov 2000, got engaged in Jan 2001, went FULL STEAM into planning a big wedding, then got married the following year in June 2002. (he actually wanted to seal the deal Sept 2001 - less than a year after we met.)

Then... the planning was filled with drama... Had to cancel two halls and two florists because of poor management/misinformation (all of a sudden after contract they could'nt honor this or that, or XYZ is discontinued, accept this or that substitute for same price, food "is actually freeze-dried, then we boil it in water", etc.) - My hair fell out in clumps... Even had to forfeit a $500 deposit.

On the day of... It was just a mess :( ... My "dream" dress was not what I had envisioned -- bad tailoring job that took over a year and two seamstresses... Makeup was horrible and "cartoonish"... Didn't lose any of the weight I had planned to lose (I was a bigger a few years ago).

So ladies, please don't get caught up so much in the fantasy that you get excited by the prospect of a wedding and marry any ol' chump :(

Back