For the BANDWAGON HOPPERS: Grow 3in+ in 7 weeks

Did you apply everyday?

I've been using since early June... I seem to be growing but I'm in Senegalese twists so o can't really measure.

kibbles318, yes, I applied the potion everyday. I applied it to my edges twice a day and I massaged each time I applied it. I only GHE'd and baggied for a few hours at night, because once my head gets damp, I get a sore throat. I think you will be nicely surprised when you take your twists down.:yep:

Hi everybody,

I started using hairdrenalin June 1. The pictures on the left in my signature are from 6/9 the ones on the right are from today. I see growth in the front. On the sides I see a little less and if I put my face right up in the computer, I think I see something in the back. Has anyone else noticed this? TIA. HHJ

Oh... I made my own...just tweaked it with some rosemary and lavendar oil to cut the smell

@MeowMix, if you look back one page, you will see my tape measure results from using the potion for just 30 days.

MeowMix, the back of my hair grows much faster and is a completely different texture from the rest of my hair. It doesn't have much of a curl pattern and at first, I though it was heat damage, but upon further examination, that is what grows out from my scalp.

Attachments

• 100_4206.jpg
    100_4206.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 67
newgrowth15. Wow you can really see it in that picture. Thanks for sharing. I can't believe I'm just now coming to realize that some parts of my hair my grow faster than others;)

I'm going to update in a moth and see what happens. HHJ

MeowMix. I can't wait to see your results. A tape measure will encourage you even further. When it doesn't look like your hair is growing, the tape will tell the real story. I know that's what worked for me.

I'm actually amazed, i've been reading about this since yesterday, here and also at Hairlista (all the pictures over there made me make my own potion today, but i tweaked it A LOT! almost another thing but the original hahaha i just hope it works ^^

I started using the potion on May 27, 2011. I took pictures with a tape measure on that day. I made my own potion using the following:
20 oz. of JBCO
2 oz of Assam Black Tea (purchased at the local Indian Market)
1/2 oz of Cayenne Pepper
30 capsules of Super Potent Biotin (5000 mcg)
2 half droppers of onion oil
1 half dropper of garlic seed oil
1/2 oz of MSM powder
2 Tbs. Lavender oil for scent

I applied the potion only to my scalp. I'm natural and applying it to my hair made my hair extra thick and difficult to manipulate. I GHE'd and whole head baggied most nights for a few hours. I would wake up in the middle of the night and take the plastic off, because my head would be soaked and my throat would start to hurt. I would then just tie my hair up in a silk scarf for the rest of the night.

I am a very slow grower, only gaining 1/4 inch per month prior to using the potion.

And now for the pictures...

@newgrowth15

Wow! Congrats!!! That's some nice growth. Your hair seems to have thickened up, too.

Love your recipe, too!! Bought some garlic seed oil yesterday and just ordered the MSM powder and Assam black tea.

Does your potion smell? OR does the smell dissipate after it's been on your head for a little while.....

Again GREAT GROWTH!!! The proof's in the pictures!

@newgrowth15All I can say about your progress is WOWSER, WOWSER, WOWSER!!! Question for you & Pompous Blue- where in the world can I get this onion oil & garlic oil as quickly as possible? I'm going to the Indian stores tomorrow to find the Assam black tea. I already have the sulfur & I know where I can find JBCO locally.

Last edited:
nakialovesshoes, thank you and I ordered both from Aamzon.com

For the onion oil (Allium Cepa-Potency: LM 3)
Sold by: Hahnemann Laboratories
Price: $23.95

For the garlic oil (Garlic Extract Liquid)
Sold by: Livamed
Price: $15.00

I know they are a little pricey, but they will last a long time and through a lot of batches.

I hope you get your ingredients soon, so that I can see more progress photos in this thread.:grinwink:

I'm actually amazed, i've been reading about this since yesterday, here and also at Hairlista (all the pictures over there made me make my own potion today, but i tweaked it A LOT! almost another thing but the original hahaha i just hope it works ^^

Taina, what did you put in your potion pray tell.

Taina, what did you put in your potion pray tell.
Add some extra oils, Rosemary and Jojoba and also horsetail herb. I used onion and garlic powder as I didnt find the oils here (ppl didn't know what i was talking about hahaha :lachen:) and i read some listas used the powder... so i just hope i didn't messed up the experiment :grin:

I will be taking pictures tho :yep:

@newgrowth15All I can say about your progress is WOWSER, WOWSER, WOWSER!!! Question for you & Pompous Blue- where in the world can I get this onion oil & garlic oil as quickly as possible? I'm going to the Indian stores tomorrow to find the Assam black tea. I already have the sulfur & I know where I can find JBCO locally.
nakialovesshoes I bought the garlic oil from the grocery store (Rinaldo's Organic Garlic Gold) along with onion powder. And since I couldn't find the Assam tea anywhere locally, I ordered it online from http://www.naturesflavors.com/. This is my 1st time ordering from them so I don't know how fast their shipping will be. The garlic oil is a mixture of EVOO and roasted organic garlic.

HTH

Okay, so I just ordered my garlic & onion oils. I swore no more bandwagons & here I go again. LOL

Anyhoo, I have some questions. Since this is supposed to be a homemade version of JBCO, is it overkill to use JBCO as the base?

What about adding actual sulfur to the mix in addition to the onion & garlic oils?

Also, would it be overkill to use a low heat conditioning cap for the GHE?

If this works on me, everyone will be getting a bottle of my "magic growth potion" for Christmas. Insert evil laugh here...

Okay, so I just ordered my garlic & onion oils. I swore no more bandwagons & here I go again. LOL

Anyhoo, I have some questions. Since this is supposed to be a homemade version of JBCO, is it overkill to use JBCO as the base?

What about adding actual sulfur to the mix in addition to the onion & garlic oils?

Also, would it be overkill to use a low heat conditioning cap for the GHE?

If this works on me, everyone will be getting a bottle of my "magic growth potion" for Christmas. Insert evil laugh here...

nakialovesshoes, I used JBCO because that is what I had on hand and it worked very well.

I have heard of many on Hairlista who add sulfur to the mix; however, you need to be very careful with the amount and how you handle it. There is a thread about it on Hairlista http://www.hairlista.com/group/6ini...lenge/forum/topics/use-sublimed-sulfur-safely.

As far as the conditioning cap for GHE, I think that's a great idea.

It looks like Christmas will be coming early for everyone you know,:lachen: since I am pretty certain you will get good results. Don't forget the tape measure to keep actual track of your progress. HHJ

Okay I have another question. Since some had added nettle & horsetail, I was thinking of adding some more herbs to the concoction like: rosemary, sage, coltsfoot, peppermint & lavender. (Just maybe a tsp or so of each.)

Again, I just want to make sure this isn't overkill?

Mine smells horrible >,< i don't exactly know what it is, but DH said my hair smells like damaged chicken soup. I co-wash every day tho, so i just stink at home o.O .

Last edited:
I got my onion & garlic oils from the ABC Homeopathy that was listed on the YT video. I just checked my status & my order has shipped. I can't wait. In the meantime, I've been using my BT & baggying at night.

garlic oil is very easy to make and you don't have to let it sit for days either. I've made it before to stop shedding.

Mine smells horrible >,< i don't exactly know what it is, but DH said my hair smells like damaged chicken soup. I co-wash every day tho, so i just stink at home o.O .

Too funny but I'm glad to hear that someone else potion smells. The one you purchase from Valerie does not smell though. I wonder why.

I got my onion oil today!!!! My potion is complete! I've been using it with everything except the onion oil, but I can't wait to use it tonight!

I wish I had taken pics. I can say that my homemade potion is definitely working because I'm seeing some good growth, even in my nape are which has always been a problem area. I don't think it's going to be 3inches in 7 weeks but better than my usual 1/4 to 1/3 inches in a month.

Keep up the good work and HHG everyone!

Last edited:
I wish I had taken pics. I can say that my homemade potion is definitely working because I'm seeing some good growth, even in my nape are which has always been a problem area. I don't think it's going to be 3inches in 7 weeks but better than my usual 1/4 to 1/3 inches in a month.

Keep up the good work and HHG everyone!

Platinum, start from here. Take some pictures and don't forget the tape measure.

Has anyone gotten their onion oil from Amazon? I put it in my potion, but I didn't smell anything. My garlic oil definitely smells like garlic oil though!

Sent from my Droid Incredible

Last edited:
Let me tell you ladies, that i have 3 days using the potion, and i'm feeling the growth already (i have to say i got he average growth pero month, nothing special) So i'm very happy to know that is working for me too, i was worried as i had to make some changes in the recipe.

fancypants007 I found what it is! is the pills that stinks in mine xDDDD but i'm already getting used to the smell ^^

Last edited:
Back