Flax Seed Oil

For those that are interested......Walgreens has a special this week on their entire line of Natural Vitamins and Supplements. (sale goes off tomorrow-4/1/06)

It's buy one get one free.

The flaxseed oil capsules are included in this. The large bottle is $12.99 for 200 capsules. The small bottle is $7.99 for 100 capsules.

I jus bought 2 large bottles for $12.99!

just a FYI in case anyone wants to give the capsules a try, or anyone who wants to try the Walgreens brand! :)

Nita81 said:
Have any of you put the flax seed oil in your hair???

never, it smells too pungent to me, the consitency is nice tho.

my ends smell like it right now, it just seems to dribble out my follicles to the ends...even my back is very moisturized lol

Candy_C said:
the flax should hopefully stop any skin probs, as it cleanses the sebum in your body anyway. its good sebum. i usually get bumps b4 i'm due on my monthlys (mini outbreak) and i haven't had a spot 4 ages!

Hmm...I was already eyeing the Swanson brand of organic Flax Seed Oil...and I just might be getting it ;).

Isis said:
I started taking flaxseed oil long before the hairboards. It has a LOT of benefits. It only took a few days before all ashiness was gone from my skin, leaving it very smooth. My hair went from dull to shinier also. I take a tablespoon each day of Spectrum organic flaxseed oil. It is recommended to take one tablespoon for each 100 pounds of weight each day.

The Spectrum brand is by far the best tasting oil to me. I've tried several other brands and they were quite nasty. Especially the GNC brand. I remember you mentioning the Spectrum brand in another thread some time ago.

I began incorporating more organic products in my life, especially fruits and veggies. Every morning, I juice organic carrot, beet, apple and ginger. I pour a little flax seed in there too. yum!

Ladies, try the spectrum brand. I think you'll like it. A tablespoon of the oil is much more potent than the pills and the Spectrum brand is organic.

Spectrum makes good Fish Oil too...I know that Health from the Sun is one of the leading companies that produces quality organic omega fatty acids as well-it is their specialization. I think I might get their brand...they have one that is hazelnut flavored. I like hazelnut creamer for coffee so the oil shouldn't be too bad.

I'm glad I found this thread. I had a bottle of flax oil that I bought from Walmart a while ago to put in my smoothies but I started taking it to the head a week ago. I'm really trying to take care of my skin from the inside out.

It has a nasty taste but I down juice right after I take it or have a little juice in my mouth while I take it. My skin feels soft.

Back