Finally, pictures to share!

nijilah

I finally have posted a few natural hair pics and 1 with me wearing an instant hair weave. Ignore the baggies on my hair, but I have really been trying to use the baggy method as much as possible because it really to keep my hair moisturized. My goal is to post pictures every 2 months, because I think that bra-strap is where my hair stops growing. The photos will give me a definite indication of progress. Anyway, the link is Hair pictures

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Girl, you sure do have a lot of hair. You're almost at bra strap length.
trampoline.gif
Keep up the great work!
up.gif

Nijilah!

You have really nice hair!! How long has it taken you to grow out naturally or have you always worn it natural? I'm sure you'll be at bra strap in no time!

Hello nijilah
wave.gif

Wooooooow
shocked.gif
your natural hair is beautiful, thick, long and healthy looking, may I ask what is your hair regime and hair type? The weave suits you, nicely. Please share how you apply the baggie method to natural hair? I would like to try it but don't know how
confused.gif
Could I try method with my hair cornorwed into a bun and just place the loose plaits into a baggie. Your advice will be appreciated
smile.gif
Thanks

You have some really nice hair! It is gorgeous!! It is very healthy looking, thick, and long. Congratulations on your growth!

Your hair is gorgeous!!! Wow shrinkage is a ****!!! I haven't had natural hair since I was little so I have no idea how much shrinkage I'd have as a natural. Seeing your hair definitely makes me wish my mother had never taken me to the hairdressers to get a relaxer.
cry3.gif

Wow, another name to add to my list of hair idols.
love.gif
I absolutely love (nay,LURVE) your hair!!! Can't wait to read your regimen. Please do tell!

You have great hair! I truly believe you can reach beyond brastrap lenght though! Especially know with all of the knowledge and advice here! Keep up the good work! And the instant weave... is fierce!

Your hair looks beautiful!
clap.gif
Good luck going beyond bra strap (hopefully the MSM will push you over that hair goal by extending the shedding period). The weave is also really cute. Do you mind sharing the style name and where you purchased it? TIA!

Thanks so much for the compliments everybody! I LOVE
grin.gif
and HATE
mad.gif
having thick hair and transitioning was not easy.

hairlove,
I actually transitioned from a relaxer where my hair was shoulder length. I would guess that it took me 2 years to fully transition. I didn't do the 'big chop.' I just let the relaxer grow out and when I saw damaged hair/ends, I cut them. I conditioned my hair all the time, shampooed my hair twice a week, and wore braid outs. Moisture and serious patience when combing are very important when transitioning. Now I am still trying to get used to my natural hair.

den1,
I change my routine about every other week because I get lazy. I start off gun ho and then I am too tired sometimes to do my hair because my schedule is overwhelming!
In the summer, I was washing my hair every night. But I used ghee butter or mayo as a pre-shampoo treatment overnight, then washed my hair with either breakthru, elucense, or aveda's sap moss, then conditioned my hair and then fingercombed it with the conditioner still in the hair. Ponytail method for natural hair: I then pulled my hair up in a ponytail, moiturized it with some type of oil or curl activator, applied valeline, put my hair in a big plait and then put a plastic sandwich bag over my hair and secured it with another ponytail holder. Then I wore my drawstring ponytail over it. Another way to do it is the way that I have started doing it for the past week. At night, I spritz my hair with distilled water, put oil in it and then put my hair into 3-4 plaits and then apply the baggies over the plaits and gently secure each baggie with a ponytail holder. My hair is very soft in the morning using this method.

miss brown,
I bought the instant weave at some beauty store in Maryland, but now I live in Delaware, so I need to find another good beauty supply store. I don't think that Sally's sell them, so don't try sally's. I am sure that you could buy one on-line, because I remember seeing a thread from some members who wore them too. It is called an instant weave made by sensationnel and the style is HZ-7009. The front of it is my hair. I wear my hair cornrolled back underneath the weave and leave a little bit of the front of my hair out. At night, I wet the front of my hair, apply oil and aloe vera gel and put it in a cornroll. In the morning, I take the cornroll out and just blend my hair into the weave. When I first bought the weave, I wore it for 2 days and my husband didn't say anything, but that my hair looked nice. When I took the weave/fall off, his mouth almost fell off!

dontspeakdefeat,
Thanks for the confidence booster as far as hair growth and you know that I hope that you are right. I love the instant weave because it allows me to protect my hair and still have a stylish hair do. Don't get me wrong, I love the bun and once was considered the bun queen, but now I am looking for some variety.

I didn't list my conditioners and hair oils because I change them like I am changing clothes (PJ problem). But here are a few of my staples:

Conditioners: KeraCare Humeco, KeraCare Moisturizing conditioner, Mizani Moisturfuse, Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta Rose Hip Conditioning Hair Cream, RedKen Heavy Cream, Motions Oil Moisturize Protein Conditioner, Tropical crema aloe vera and avocado (purchased on ebay), LeKair cholestorol

Hair oils: Carol's Daughter Health hair butter, Dark and Lovely restore and repair, coconut oil, shea butter, olive oil, alma oil, brahmi oil, jojoba oil

Scalp oils: Sulfer8 (once per week), mixture of jojoba and rosemary oil (2-3 times per week in the winter)

Leave-in: StaSoFro hair and scalp spray, All ways natural conditioner moisturizing formual (not really a leave-in but that is how I use it), Aveda's elixir

As a really quick moisturizer, I carry around Isoplus Oil sheen hair spray.

[ QUOTE ]
nijilah said:
When I first bought the weave, I wore it for 2 days and my husband didn't say anything, but that my hair looked nice. When I took the weave/fall off, his mouth almost fell off!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nijilah, What a great story!
laugh.gif
The fall is off the hook- very natural in appearance.

Your non-shrinkage hair length is
shocked.gif
. You'll reach your goal in no time. Thanks for sharing your photos and regimen.

Thanks for posting your hair regimen, your taking care of your hair beautifully, just believe your hair can grow longer than bra strap, I wish you continued success, good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:
Thanks for posting your hair regimen, your taking care of your hair beautifully, just believe your hair can grow longer than bra strap, I wish you continued success, good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! Thanks for the info and good luck.
smile.gif

Your hair is gorgeous nijilah and it's so thick. Yes, that shrinkage fools everyone about your real length.

Thank you so much for posting the model and brand of quickweaves. I looked at some yesterday
shocked.gif
but not the sensationel brand. You hair looks wonderful. I'll try your bags tips soon. I'll be 2 years natural Jan 2004.

Back