Hair pics to share...

Simply beautiful! It's pictures like these that make me want to put them highlights back in my hair...

Simply stunning, you maintain it well and it's growing so fast!

Girl, your hair is the bomb! I enjoyed look at your beautiful hair with such a gorgeous color! When I went to your journal I couldn't help but to take notes even though my hair is relaxed. I'm definitely with you on washing hair when you feel it needs to be done vs on a set day.
smile.gif
Keep up the good work. I can see from your results your on the right track.
up.gif

One question: Which brand do you use to clarify?

mizani thermastrength and keracare curling wax
scratchchin.gif

Thanks so much!! this was very unexpected! As you can see from the pics.. It looks like I have about 4 more inches to go until I reach bra strap length! Hopefully I can achieve this in no less than 8 months..we'll see.
The highlighted areas in my hair seem to be the dryest and I made the decision that I won't be coloring my hair again because those areas feel brittle and sometimes is hard for me to straighten. Other than that , I think that my hair is doing pretty well..BTW I haven't given my self a real trim since april , I've only dusted the ends last month and plan to dust again next month (every 8 weeks) to keep my ends looking clean.
-Spa girl , I use Uans Chiaro clarifying shampoo

thanks again
-curlybun

All that natural growth in one year!
shocked.gif
Thank you for sharing your pics, Curlybun. Recently I've been thinking seriously of transitioning back to my natural texture with the help of a pressing comb. Do you press your hair yourself, or do you have some else do it for you?

OMG...How ever did I miss this thread before? Curlybun, your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!! At this rate, don't mind if I add you to my idol list, do you?
notworthy.gif

WOW!!
shocked.gif
You have gotten amazing progress since your April 2003 picture!! My daughter's hair is that length now, and she's been feeling really discouraged lately about her hair. I'm going to show her your pictures tonight!!
smile.gif

Also, your color is absolutely gorgeous!! And I agree with the other post that said your hair looks a lot like Tracy's. For sure it does!! Lovely!!
up.gif

Hey curly bun!!!! awesome hair! How long have you been pressing your hair? does this affect the natural curl pattern of your hair. Before I had my hair relaxed I got my hair pressed every two weeks and my natural hair lost some of the curl due to pressing.

thanks!!
*Serena- I flat iron my hair myself...at first it was kind of tricky to get the technique down to straighten it properly..but with practise you get better at it.
*nonie- sure you can add me to your list, I'm so flattered!
*Armyqt- thanks a bunch (the pic in your sig is a hair goal of mine)
*Lindy- thanks too! I believe that the trims were the culprit behind my hindered growth..thank goodness I realized what the problem was back in april!
*ayeshia- I started to press it more often this september out of curiosity (wondered if I could where my hair straightened more often and I can) as far as the affects on my curl pattern-no the heat hasn't affected it at all, if anything , the conditioners (Moisturizing and protein) had more of an affect on softening the curl pattern and streching it (very little though).
I've heard about the heat from the pressing combs straightening the hair but it's never happened to me, maybe its because I use just the right amount of heat.

I'm loving those highlights!!! I want mine that exact color so bad but I am afraid I will damage my relaxed hair.
frown.gif

I don't know how I missed this post-your hair is so lovely. I'm scared to highlight again too, but your hair sure is an inspiration!! I can't wait to see what it looks like in a couple of months!!

curlybun ~ Beautiful, beautiful hair! I *love* the highlights. It makes me (almost) want to get highlights again (but I'm too lazy to do upkeep, lol). Your hair is gorgeous! Did I already say that? lol! I love your hair natural and straight. And congratulations on the amount of growth you got in such a short time span.
up.gif

Back