Fighting the Temptation.....Naturals

I straightened mine once since going natural, and I didn't like it at all. It wasn't as straight as when I used to relax, so I went and wet it to get my curls back. When I did I had a patch in the back that did not revert back and a patch in the front. That was 3 mths ago and they still have not reverted.

I have a friend that has straightened the whole time she transitioned to natural. When she does wear it in a wash and go, she has a very loose curl pattern. I don't think she has ever seen her real curls.

I love me curls, so I really don't have any intrest in wearing it straight. Been there done that. Plus I'm so scared. :yep:

I can't braid or do flat twist, so I don't have to many styling options. I am learning tho, and thats always fun. If I do get the urge to wear straight hair, I keep a wig near by, I just throw that on.

Co-signing 112% with the bolded..... :yep:

Also, I don't own any straightening items - that makes it REAL easy to avoid, as I'm for SURE not strolling my nappy head into a salon and asking them to put heat on it.

I agree, I gave my appliances to adoption agencies for whatever family need them. That was about 4.5 years ago, before I went natural. I have a blow dryer, but I rarely use it.

Back