Famous Last Phrases Before a Setback

I've used this before, I know what to expect.

Mineral oil is the last ingredient. It can't hurt that much.

That protein treatment last week was so good, Im gonna do it again next week.

I want to try a new product/salon. The most that will happen is I won't like it.

Deep Conditioner for $3.99. Oh man, let me get a few of these.

Really? Does my flat iron really need to be ceramic?

I need my hair straight. This flat iron is going on extra high.

My hair is breaking. I will stretch one more week and just not touch it until then.

I don't need a heat protectant before blowing my hair out. My hair is tough!

Sent from my Gramatically Incorrect iPhone

Royalq, I love me some Nexxus Humectress and Nexxus Keraphix.

"I'm going to try it this once and if I don't like it, it will be the last of that"

"I need to recolor my hair after the stylist yesterday jacked up my hair color".

"Yes I want that relaxer pulled all the way through from root to tip so it's EXTRA straight" -- I did this once or twice before LHCF and of course had major breakage and hair refused moisture.

"I don't have split ends so I don't need a trim. i just need to flat iron them extra hard at the highest heat so they behave."

I can style/trim/colour your hair for you and you don't have to pay me

You should come to my studio I know what to do with your hair/or I can do your hair

Last edited:
doing a henna treatment every 6-8 wks for the past few years has been so good to my hair... just think how much better it will be if i do them every week:nono:

lesson learned #1- too much of a good thing, not so good
lesson learned #2- i'm protein sensitive
lesson learned #3- if it aint broke leave it the F alone
lesson learned #4- don't try to convince myself breakage is shedding

WOW! Now I'm rethinking my every two months.

You guys are scaring me :lol:. I am planning on leaving my braids in for 5-7 weeks. I spritz and oil them every other day and wash 1x a week. I hope I don't have problems when I take them out.

Ogoma, I was about to post the same thing. I'm scared to take the scarf off my hair now. :lachen:

I've used this before, I know what to expect.

Mineral oil is the last ingredient. It can't hurt that much.

That protein treatment last week was so good, Im gonna do it again next week.

I want to try a new product/salon. The most that will happen is I won't like it.

Deep Conditioner for $3.99. Oh man, let me get a few of these.

Really? Does my flat iron really need to be ceramic?

I need my hair straight. This flat iron is going on extra high.

My hair is breaking. I will stretch one more week and just not touch it until then.

I don't need a heat protectant before blowing my hair out. My hair is tough!

Sent from my Gramatically Incorrect iPhone

I was going to do bold in this quote, but then realized, oh wait, that's me relaxed! :blush:

Mine was related to heat damage and it was:

"I don't do it often so how bad can it be?"

My gf told me that when I was flat ironing more in 2011 that I said to her "come on person X, I have to enjoy my hair!" We both laugh at those moments because it was all cuz I was trying to look cute for this guy I was seeing at the time. UGH, he was NOT worth my heat damage.....

oooooohhhhhh IM NATURAL LET me use all natural products it will let my hair grow faster....uhm hell no all natural shampoo and condish will leave ur a$$ a tangled mess

STEAMERS are a rave let me get one its suppose to leave my hair extremely moisturized.....I own a huetiful waste of money just dc

GHEing yes it great and all but why the hell yawll didnt say it was going to cost me a few pillow cases in the process

I knew when the stylist pulled the relaxer through the ends of my hair that it was wrong but I didn't stop her...

When the stylist cut my hair while holding the telephone with his chin pinned to his shoulder that I should have run fast and far...

I have seen several posts on other sites asking for help. They are doing something crazy and everyone says stop doing that. They don't stop. They keep blaming it on air, smelling food cooking and babies breathing on their heads.

They remind me of that Milli Vanilli song Blame it on the Rain. Whatever you do don't put the blame on you.

They continue flat ironing while applying both no lye and lye relaxer to their heads while getting a Dominican blowout and blond highlights while using a wire brush simultaneously.

Then they never post again.

What was it they wanted to hear?

Eta: I am not talking about the LHCF LADIES! I am referring to other hair boards.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Last edited:
"I'm going to try XYZ Salon, they were featured in a top national fashion magazine."

"This is what the sales rep at the BSS recommended that I buy."

"My scalp itching means my hair is growing."

I'm meeting with one of my friends for lunch tomorrow, so I can see what happened to her hair. I just got off the phone with her and she is Pi$$ed Off!

I'm going to stop all trimming until I reach my length goals...

I did that foolishness for a year knowing good & well that my fine, prone to splits && ssks type hair thrived with regular trims. I still have no idea what I was trying to fix by getting off a trimming schedule. I surely paid for it though.

Back