Fall Steaming Challenge (Sept to Dec 2010)

Method of Steaming

• A table-top or floor steamer

Votes: 132 76.7%
  • Heat/Towel Method

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • Other Method (Please describe in the thread)

Votes: 10 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I steamed on Saturday with my pre-poo of Amla oil and Miss Keys. Then I steamed for about 20 min with Jonathan Moisturizing Conditioner. My hair is loving the moisture!

Steamed with my usual DC of AOHSR, lots of raw honey, jojoba oil and aloe vera juice for 20 mintues. I did it last week too, but I didn't get a chance to post.

Can't wait to get under my steamer. Haven't been there since I got my weave a few weeks ago. It's coming out this weekend so I will have a nice steam session then.

Ahh I forgot to check-in.
I steamed on Saturday for 30 minutes, with nexxus humectress, wheat germ oil, aloe vera juice, and aphogee 2 minute.

I'm not in this challenge, but I get great results with the towel method. My ends, especially, love the steam.

Trying out this steaming with oils and butters thing. I got the idea from Mrs. Verde. Would have preferred to steam last night but I fell asleep. Steaming with Hairveda's vatika frosting and green tea butter.

I didnt steam on my last washday. I let Roux's Moisture Recovery sit on my hair under a plastic cap for about an hour. Have to say my hair felt just lovely afterwards.

Still need to sort myself out with a decent protein treatment. If I find one this weekend I'll use it with no steam then follow up with a moisturising steam.

nomadpixi I "steam" once a week using the towel method and it really works! My hair is super soft afterwords and responds to products. I'm still gonna invest in a steamer because while the results are great it is somewhat labor-intensive. And I've burned my hands a few times :lachen:

im under the steamer now with aohsr mixed with jojoba oil and olive oil on my scalp because its been very tender lately

Trying out this steaming with oils and butters thing. I got the idea from Mrs. Verde. Would have preferred to steam last night but I fell asleep. Steaming with Hairveda's vatika frosting and green tea butter.

Update: I had a little mishap but I have learned from this experience. I feel like I got a little bit of shine and my hair is extremely defined. Things to change: I was way too heavy handed. Then I tried to cowash and ended up with a head full of white gooey mess :nono:. I had to use shampoo to get everything out and I don't even like to use shampoo anymore. So I need to use less oil & butter and most likely just let my hair airdry. I will do this again next week :yep:.

Steamed last night for 30 minutes with coconut oil, suave humectant and oct cream rinse, which is the best detangler ever. Hair feels soft and moisturized. I think my hair is loving this mid-week steam. Even my 10 week post newgrowth is behaving.

nomadpixi I "steam" once a week using the towel method and it really works! My hair is super soft afterwords and responds to products. I'm still gonna invest in a steamer because while the results are great it is somewhat labor-intensive. And I've burned my hands a few times :lachen:

They thanks for the response. I'm hoping maybe 2x weekly towel treatments, since my skin and hair seem to like Rainforest but I live in the desert. I'm going to give it a try with rubber gloves and see if that helps with the burn factor. Let me know your success with the steamer as well. Thanks.:)

I steamed with ORS Replenishing Pak, straight no chaser. I forgot how sublime this conditioner is, my her felt and looked so moisturised. I need to stock up on those little miracle sachets!

Today is my last steam for now. ;-( I will be getting a weave tomorrow and will not be steaming my hair while in a weave.
Currently steaming with Jasons biotin & WGO
HHG ladies!!!

I am in! I bought a steamer from SalonsrUs today and I am expecting it to come in next week. But today I steamed using the towel method and my hair LOVES it! Steaming plus my Direct Leave in has made my hair the bounciest it has ever been!

Steaming right now with Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm. Yeah, it's pretty late, but I did my niece's hair today - that took hours. So now it's my turn...

Slept in conditioner mix Steaming hair this morning for 30min (2X15). (conditioner mix: AO Jojoba and Aloe Herb mixed with 1tablespoon of glycerin and WGO)

Last edited:
I was 2 days overdue for this...:look:

I applied ORS olive oil replenishing pak to my dry hair in 4 sections and sat under the steamer for 15 minutes. I used Cantu shea butter leavein and set my hair on gray flexirods. I sat under the dryer for 25 minutes. My set came out fantastic. I will be 16 weeks post on Friday.

I steamed on dry hair with tons of EVCO as a prepoo. Today is "spa" day, so after I co-wash and detangle, I'll be steaming with my tried and true mixture of Suave Humectant, honey, and oils. I can't wait!

Fell asleep with microwave heat cap with AOWC, AORM, Glycerin, WGO . Woke up and currently Steaming for 40min (2X20min)

I'm still laying off the steams while I tackle protein 'issues' (I have stretchy hair at the mo). Next week however I will be steaming with Matrix Biolage Moisturising Balm (i think its called something like that)

Back