Ex-Boyfriend Jewelry??

What do you do with ex-SO gifts?

• I give them back, what good is it to me.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I keep them because it was a gift.

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • I give them away or trash them because why would I keep it?

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters

sky_blu

So I'm sitting at work today and my co-worker mentions his 5th wedding anniversary is coming up. I decide to help him look :look: for these diamond earrings he wants to get his wife. Everything I pick out was more than he wanted to spend so he out of nowhere says try www.exboyfriendjewelry.com :lol: So I check the site out and its exactly what the name says! People post unwanted items that were giving to them by ex-boyfriends (and I saw a few from ex-girlfriends) to sale like eBay. Has anyone ever heard of this site before? And what do you do with gifts given to you by your ex-SO after you break up?

I have all the jewlery and I aint giving it up!!! Ill never admit to the new guy where it came from. Shoot its some nice stuff. Its not an engagement ring or anything so why not!!!! I dont let objects attach me to a person.

my ex bought me a tennis braclet for my birthday and I pawned it in to get a book I need for school it was money well spent lol

I don't give anything back. Even in court they only make people give engagement rings back bc they are conditional upon marriage. Everything else is considered a plain out gift.

I don't even give them mofos old t-shirts back. lol

Slightly OT:

I went to the site and there is definitely some niiiiice sh** on there for real cheap :look:

*daydreem is off to continue shopping :grin:

Give it back?:rolleyes:
For what?
Was he able to give me back all the time he spent getting on my last
da%m nerve? :nono:

Case closed ladies.

An ex (who was also Greek) made me a nice crossing paddle. We are still cool, but even if we weren't I would still hang it up in my room. Its hanging right next to the poem my current lovely SO wrote for me :).

I have a lot of jewlery from my ex that I would like to sell. I guess I will get it appraised first, then sell it. I really need the money. Everytime I look at the jewlery, I think of him-- which is why I don't need it in the house.

I have a few things that my ex gave me, and I am not selling it or giving it up. I couldnt' wear it now because we just broke up, but I'm sure that won't be the case in a couple months.

i've kept it...

but i don't wear it. jerkface gave me a heart shaped locket, which ha my dog's picture in it and our picture. i took out our photo immediately after.... i might sell that eventually. lockets are not exactly my style, plus it's heart shaped, which to me says committed all over it.

he also gave me a very nice pair of earrings from tiffany's. i am keeping those and will eventually wear them.

I'm not giving up my jewelry. :nono: Unless the peice is ugly, I am keeping it. But if its a diamond that can get reset, I'm keeping that too. If you got rid of the man, must you get rid of the jewelry too? I clearly can seperate the two.

I have a Tiffany's bracelet from my ex that my current knows the history behind, so of course current Mr went out and bought me some Tiffany's stuff (actually stuff I like better)...men are so competitive, but it works for us. I have been thinking about giving that old bracelet to one of my little cousins, current Mr would have a fit if I wear it.

IDK, is giving relationship jewelry to someone else in bad taste? Even if the little cousin is a broke college student? I think it is, but I'm open to opinions...

Last edited:
Back