Ever dated a guy you suspected was gay but on the DL?

Well once....we were at his place watching tv and I notice he had tons of VS lotions, sprays, and body wash.:perplexed...Okay i thought. Then I figure maybe a gf so I was already knew I wasn't gonna see this fool again. So I said wth I pointed it out to him. He said citrus is his summer "fragrance"..at this time he's applying lotion b/c his skin is "dry":lol:... But before that he was new to NJ and he met a "male friend from newark" ...okay...but very secretly about it...after the lotion...never spoke/saw/contacted him. He did email me later on about how i left him high and dry. Also what we had was special:look: blah blah...plz. Lesson Learn.

I don't suspect every guy is a booty catcher but I have learn the power of "listening" does wonders! Also my sisters got a kick out of this 22 I was :nono:

Now thinking about it...I would rather it be a gf then knowing a man...Well i didn't stick around to know the truth

:blush: @ "booty catcher" that's a first for me...:lachen:

ommmg this whole thread is reminding me of for colored girls towards the end when janet jackson finds out her husbands gay

janet: so you bending other men over?
husband: naww it aint like dat
janet: OOOH so you doing the bending?!
husband: naaww......*pause*....im just a man...who likes...to have sex....with other...men...no strings attatched...just...sex.....

LMFAO! He stretched that confession out for days!

Several bi/gay (straight acting) friends tells me that they don't like cruising the gay bars because they feel like the likely hood of getting HIV is higher. So they like cruising the (anti-gay) churches for partners and that's where they get their discrete sexual partners. He said the women in the church don't have a clue to what many of men/husbands in the church are up to. There's this secret code of silence many men have held to in the churches.
Needless to say when I first heard this I was shocked and in disbelief!

.....Until my best friend caught her husband bent over. She never saw it coming.

Godyssey

We were out on a date once and there was an obvious gay guy sitting at the table across from us. While looking at my menu I could see my date glancing over there at him but didn't think nothing of it at first. After we ordered, I remembered I had to get my cell phone out of my purse but at my angle I could still see my date and the gay guy out the corner of my eye. When I turned away, he and the gay guy made eye contact, started smiling at each other in one of those "HOW YOU DOIN" type smiles. Then my date proceeded to look the gay guy up and down. I was like he** nah!!

Several bi/gay (straight acting) friends tells me that they don't like cruising the gay bars because they feel like the likely hood of getting HIV is higher. So they like cruising the (anti-gay) churches for partners and that's where they get their discrete sexual partners. He said the women in the church don't have a clue to what many of men/husbands in the church are up to. There's this secret code of silence many men have held to in the churches.
Needless to say when I first heard this I was shocked and in disbelief!

.....Until my best friend caught her husband bent over. She never saw it coming.

Why am I so not suprised by this. My lord!! I feel so bad for your friend!! :nono: I remember meeting a lady once who was severally depressed because she found out her husband was cheating on her with the plumber. She too never saw it coming. She thought the plumber was over there actually working. Oh yeah...........he was working alright!! Poor thing! Atlanta was always full of surprises! You really have to be careful in the ATL. My rule was to always trust my gut feeling and go with it.

My younger foster brother is gay, and there are several guys in highschool with him who date girls or are outwardly masculine and straight, yet they send him private fb messages like, "hey i'm not gay but i just want to experience..." One of the guys even had a girlfriend smh

@Godyssey

We were out on a date once and there was an obvious gay guy sitting at the table across from us. While looking at my menu I could see my date glancing over there at him but didn't think nothing of it at first. After we ordered, I remembered I had to get my cell phone out of my purse but at my angle I could still see my date and the gay guy out the corner of my eye. When I turned away, he and the gay guy made eye contact, started smiling at each other in one of those "HOW YOU DOIN" type smiles. Then my date proceeded to look the gay guy up and down. I was like he** nah!!

Ewwww!!! That must've been so crazy, lol! Did you want to get up and leave? I don't understand why a man would do this. He should just take a permanent leap to the other side and be done with it.

Godyssey

OMG! I couldn't handle that! I couldn't look at him with a straight face! I'd probably grab my purse and BOUNCE!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

My bestfriend did when we were younger. He was just weird we were like he has to be gay he acted sweet as sugar ! So she broke up with him even though he was a REALLY nice guy

We saw him this summer and OMG :wallbash::wallbash::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::notworthy:notworthy he was FINE his body was beautiful, great teeth and skin he was just gorgeous!

We were :grin::grin::grin: the entire time he was talking to us....

ETA : Come to find out He is NOT gay....

Last edited:
I never have. I know this is a very left leaning board and all but the idea of two men together repulses me and I don't want to be with any man that swings that way. They need to stay with other men and leave the womenfolk alone.

this topic is really scary to me. =( would hate to fall in love with the man of my dreams only to find out he’s been dreaming about other men(bleck!) And i show no mercy, and take no risk anything red flags and I’m out. i think this whole dl thing is selfish on part of the guy. Blame society blame daddy issues or whoever for you to put on this facade and create a fake family just so that you can have your cake and eat it too is just plain selfish. Ok I’m off my rant.

I shudder/write dudes off when they go on and on about derrieres... No, boo-boo, we both have them; protruding breasts is what makes us different. So all that *ss talk, save it for your boyfriend or your girlfriend that tolerates it... lol

LMFAO! He stretched that confession out for days!

:lol::lol: i know that was like a 15 min confession lol

Why am I so not suprised by this. My lord!! I feel so bad for your friend!! :nono: I remember meeting a lady once who was severally depressed because she found out her husband was cheating on her with the plumber. She too never saw it coming. She thought the plumber was over there actually working. Oh yeah...........he was working alright!! Poor thing! Atlanta was always full of surprises! You really have to be careful in the ATL. My rule was to always trust my gut feeling and go with it.
:blush::blush: oh my....
i seriously think a lot of guys are on the downlow in ATL and it really scares me since i live there.:nono: that is just so messed up...

i seriously think a lot of guys are on the downlow in ATL and it really scares me since i live there.:nono: that is just so messed up...

Atl is different for real. You really HAVE to be careful there. I have seen it all there. I've even heard rumors of pastors who were swinging the other way. I'm not sure if it's out of curiosity or they truly are gay but they are playing with fire and they need to stop. Your health and heart should not be put on the line on account of some man who can't make up his mind or too ashamed to be who he wants to be. My advice to black women:

If you are looking to further and expand your career............Atlanta is the place.

If you are looking to find a good man or husband............Atlanta is NOT the place.

I notice the black media and or publications are always ranting and raving about Atlanta and yes Atl is great for career oriented blacks BUT please be honest to the sistas and let them know what they are getting into. Atlanta is a hotbed for both gay and thug culture so what you get is lots of gay men, lots of down low men AND lots of thugs and playas who just want to play and have no intentions of settling down. I want someone to publish that and stop deceiving single black women!!!!

Girl, if I knew you IRL, I'd screen your dates. I do that with my friends now. :lol: I work in the HIV field and the majority of my clients are gay/bisexual even if they don't want to label themselves. I could tell ya'll some stories, but I don't because I wouldn't ever want anyone on here to connect the dots and say, "Wait a minute...I was at the hospital with my cousin and that's exactly what happened!" But young, old, black, white, hispanic, asian, I see them all.

Sometimes they have a man hanging on them in the bed in the morning, and a girlfriend dropping by the hospital in the evening. Or they are the pastor of the church and their 25-year-old "mentee" is hanging out until he knows that some of the congregation members are stopping by. Or sometimes I don't know the person's sexual orientation, but I do know that they have HIV and their partner doesn't know that little bit of information. And legally, a doctor CAN tell the partner, but isn't required to tell. So, you aren't crazy in your fear. Thank goodness, I've never had to tell my friends, "Umm...he's suspect," but I'd definitely do it.

Sometimes they have a man hanging on them in the bed in the morning, and a girlfriend dropping by the hospital in the evening. Or they are the pastor of the church and their 25-year-old "mentee" is hanging out until he knows that some of the congregation members are stopping by. Or sometimes I don't know the person's sexual orientation, but I do know that they have HIV and their partner doesn't know that little bit of information. And legally, a doctor CAN tell the partner, but isn't required to tell. So, you aren't crazy in your fear. Thank goodness, I've never had to tell my friends, "Umm...he's suspect," but I'd definitely do it.

i'll be contacting you if I move to ATL...luckily when I visit I dont engage in any extra- wink wink- activities lol BUT you will get a PM if I move there

Atl is different for real. You really HAVE to be careful there. I have seen it all there. I've even heard rumors of pastors who were swinging the other way. I'm not sure if it's out of curiosity or they truly are gay but they are playing with fire and they need to stop. Your health and heart should not be put on the line on account of some man who can't make up his mind or too ashamed to be who he wants to be. My advice to black women:

If you are looking to further and expand your career............Atlanta is the place.

If you are looking to find a good man or husband............Atlanta is NOT the place.

I notice the black media and or publications are always ranting and raving about Atlanta and yes Atl is great for career oriented blacks BUT please be honest to the sistas and let them know what they are getting into. Atlanta is a hotbed for both gay and thug culture so what you get is lots of gay men, lots of down low men AND lots of thugs and playas who just want to play and have no intentions of settling down. I want someone to publish that and stop deceiving single black women!!!!

Girl, if I knew you IRL, I'd screen your dates. I do that with my friends now. :lol: I work in the HIV field and the majority of my clients are gay/bisexual even if they don't want to label themselves. I could tell ya'll some stories, but I don't because I wouldn't ever want anyone on here to connect the dots and say, "Wait a minute...I was at the hospital with my cousin and that's exactly what happened!" But young, old, black, white, hispanic, asian, I see them all.

oh...my...lord...this is just CRAZY thank goodness my bf is from boston&lives there lol but wow:nono: i volunteer at grady hospital in the ER and ive seen many HIV patients however almost none of them look gay so i always thought they probably contracted it via drugs or sex with a female:perplexed my goodness....

i'll be contacting you if I move to ATL...luckily when I visit I dont engage in any extra- wink wink- activities lol BUT you will get a PM if I move there

:lol:

oh...my...lord...this is just CRAZY thank goodness my bf is from boston&lives there lol but wow:nono: i volunteer at grady hospital in the ER and ive seen many HIV patients however almost none of them look gay so i always thought they probably contracted it via drugs or sex with a female:perplexed my goodness....

Girl...there are just a few of us in my department and we see EVERY HIV+ inpatient who comes through the hospital. Some of the older men and women that we see will contribute their diagnosis to IV drug use, but most people under the age of 40 may smoke a little weed here and there, but IV drug use...nah, not too many overall.

Awhile back, there was link posted here to a Secret Society DL website where black men posted up profiles in search for gay rendezvous. It was SHOCKING to say the least! Based on the photos alone, it is men you would never, ever, EVER suspect. Im still in disbelief on how rampid this undercover homo-mess is... Its really scary.

my ex boyfriend is gay. my best friend's mom called it when we were dating. we broke up, yrs later he came out. i actually met his new boyfriend

Back