Ethnic Hair Tips

bollyhair

I was wondering if anyone has any beauty tips/secrets that are indigenious to their ETHNIC BACKGROUND that they'd like to share. It seems that this forum is made up of members of ALL cultural backgrounds, which is a BEAUTIFUL THING!
kisses.gif
(African-American, Brazilian, Dominican, etc.), so I think if we could all share our family/ethnic beauty regimens/tips,....how great would that be? (Look how many of us are lovin' up these Indian oils, Amla, Coconut, etc.?)
clap.gif
Let's continue to celebrate our diversity so that whether we are AFIRCAN-AMERICAN, LATINA, INDIAN,WHATEVER,.....WE ALL HAVE BEAUTIFUL HAIR REGARDLESS OF LENGTH AND TEXTURE! WE ARE ALL FINE!!!
dance7.gif

SO,....how about those tips?
poke.gif
Anyone have any?

i think you need to be more specific... I mean i'm guessing people don't see the point in e.g an indian or a mexican sharing hair tips with a black or chinese person - just different textures and needs...sorry.
But i think it was a nice suggestion anyway - i just wouldn't know where to start.
Please somebody prove me wrong if you have an idea to share...

[ QUOTE ]
Tara_Star said:
i think you need to be more specific... I mean i'm guessing people don't see the point in e.g an indian or a mexican sharing hair tips with a black or chinese person - just different textures and needs...sorry.
But i think it was a nice suggestion anyway - i just wouldn't know where to start.
Please somebody prove me wrong if you have an idea to share...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, my bad!
grin.gif
BUT, we would probably all agree that many of this board do not have the same hairtype of, say, a woman from INDIA, yet again, look at how many of us are using the Dabur oils (India) or the Skala (Brazilian)? Alot of good beauty tips come from all over the world and can benefit all kinds of people, even w/ different hairtypes.
weird.gif
I guess I just meant if anyone has any beauty tips that,say, their Haitian grandmother or Bahamian mother, etc., passed down to them. Then I can sit at the computer
fan.gif
w/ my INTERNATIONAL BEAUTY TIPS and my INTERNATIONAL FOODS COFFEE
guiness.gif
and feel like I'm on an international vacation somewhere in the islands, mon!
beach.gif

Bump...
I think it's a great thread. None of us would have ever heard about the Jamaican black castor oil if one of our hair sisters hadn't put us on
smile.gif

This is a good idea.........

Haitian background.

1. Moelle Du Bouef ( Bone Marrow hair treatment) ( Grandma swears by it and made her own at one point) btw...I saw one online that costs 50 bucks AHHhhhh

2. L'huile Masketi ( Palm Oil/Castor Oil I think)

3. Avocado treatments ( mashed with some type of oil, probably the one above or olive oil would work)

4.Mayo treatment

5. Egg treatment ( mixed with mayo sometimes or oil only.....)

These are things my mom did when I was younger....along with braiding hair and keeping it tied up at night

Hope this helps :)

Ladies keep them coming or cut and paste whatever you have mentioned b4

Peace

THis is a great idea!
Jamaican

Castor oil and keep your hair braided or in plaits, grandma never believed in chemicals but if you have to straighten, only 2-3 times a year. Works for me.

Wow...2 or 3 times to relax...I would love to get to that point......

can I B U M P

B U M P
B U M P
this.....

no one else huh?

I think you may also want to check the thread on African beauty secrets although many things we have already incorporated ie shea butter, aloe vera, etc

Back