Aveda Tips....

I LOVE Aveda. My favorite products are the Universal Cream and the Sap Moss Concentrate.

I use the concentrate as a pre-poo on my dry hair and scalp. I let it sit in my hair for 20 min under the dryer before washing. I also use a tiny bit after I style my hair on the ends and run some through my hair. I don't think I can be without this product.

Yes, it's good to finally find a product line that works for and not against my hair. I'm very content with Aveda. Now if only they will offer a holding spray that is non-drying, I'd be happier. Oh, and a good deep conditioner would be ideal as well. :yep:

Ladies:hiya:It's me, Dionne. Serenity Peace can you change my name in the Aveda Challenge list?

I responded to your Aveda holding spray thread I included a link from the Aveda site. HTH

Yes, it's good to finally find a product line that works for and not against my hair. I'm very content with Aveda. Now if only they will offer a holding spray that is non-drying, I'd be happier. Oh, and a good deep conditioner would be ideal as well. :yep:

ITA! I too am very content with Aveda, but would love to see them come out with a good deep conditioner.

Hey dionne, like the new name, thought we had a newbie! Your hair does look awesome!!! That aveda looks good on you!!

Still loving aveda!!!!!:drunk:

Thanks Sooner & Divine. This is a old picture (June) from my fotki. I need new picture......I'm really bad with updating my pictures.

i never thought to put the sap moss concentrate directly on my dry hair. hmm....maybe i'll try that.
also i'm doing great with the all aveda challenge. i cant help but to use nothing but aveda. i love it!!!

I LOVE Aveda. My favorite products are the Universal Cream and the Sap Moss Concentrate.

I use the concentrate as a pre-poo on my dry hair and scalp. I let it sit in my hair for 20 min under the dryer before washing. I also use a tiny bit after I style my hair on the ends and run some through my hair. I don't think I can be without this product.

i never thought to put the sap moss concentrate directly on my dry hair. hmm....maybe i'll try that.
also i'm doing great with the all aveda challenge. i cant help but to use nothing but aveda. i love it!!!

I'm loving the All Aveda Challenge and my hair does too! However, I am really tempted to grab my Dominican deep conditioner this weekend though. Will that boot me out of the All Aveda Challenge if I did that? :look::grin:

I'm loving the All Aveda Challenge and my hair does too! However, I am really tempted to grab my Dominican deep conditioner this weekend though. Will that boot me out of the All Aveda Challenge if I did that? :look::grin:

You gave me a pass last week when I used Kenra MC :look: So I think you deserve a pass too :giveheart:

I know we all love aveda but it's not meeting our DEEP conditioning needs :ohwell: So we have no choice but to stray...right :look:

You gave me a pass last week when I used Kenra MC :look: So I think you deserve a pass too :giveheart:

I know we all love aveda but it's not meeting our DEEP conditioning needs :ohwell: So we have no choice but to stray...right :look:

ITA!! We should be able to stray for deep conditioning purposes.

TRADER!!!!!:spank:
keep your grubby hands off that dominican stuff or you're outta here!!!:buttkick:

:grin:

Looks like I've been doing the Aveda Challenge without even knowing it:grin:. I wasn't even aware there was one. I've always loved Aveda and was using it before I ever came to this board. I love their products--even skincare and body care.

I do however, use Terax Crema to deep condition my hair. It's always been a staple of mine. I also use Kiehls and Abba Leave Ins. So I guess I'm not really doing the 'All Aveda Challenge' afterall:grin:.

so what was the verdict missy pooh????:whip:

Hey girl!! You'd be happy to know that I did not use my dominican deep conditioner. I deep conditioned with the Aveda DR conditioner (which is now all gone) mixed with a little liquid silk amino acids. My new growth is very soft.

Sooner & Honey

I think all of us should get a pass for deep conditioning purposes :hide:...okay :look:

:brucelee:
itsy and divine...whats wrong with using the conditioners by aveda for your deep conditioning? i do! how much deeper do you want to get?:giggle:
you dont think aveda provides enough conditioning for you gals? let me know because i'm willing to try a "deep" conditioner thats deeper than aveda. :grin:

Girl, I'm not even sure. None of Aveda's conditioner specify deep conditioning. So I've always assumed their conditioners were only forumulated for rinse out.

There was thread going around here somewhere of what makes a conditioner a deep conditioner. After reading that thread sometime ago is when I thought, hmm Aveda doesn't have a deep conditioner (outside of the Deep revitalizing one and I didn't like that one).

yeah, i know the thread you're talking about. i remember that too. aveda doesnt specify but i specify and at those prices its staying on my head for as long as i want it to!!! :grin:

Girl, I'm not even sure. None of Aveda's conditioner specify deep conditioning. So I've always assumed their conditioners were only forumulated for rinse out.

There was thread going around here somewhere of what makes a conditioner a deep conditioner. After reading that thread sometime ago is when I thought, hmm Aveda doesn't have a deep conditioner (outside of the Deep revitalizing one and I didn't like that one).

This is exactly what I was thinking.
I didn't think the conditoners I use (DR & AB) were deep penetrating "moisturizing" conditioners :ohwell:

Has anybody used the Scalp Benefits Balancing poo & con?

This is a toughy ladies what should we do??? I would like to know if the ab and dr condishes are DEEEPP enough for my head.... So what's the verdict?? Honeybad I am kinda with you on this one.... But understand itsy's point as well, there are some awesome dominican condishes too... Ok officially I'm riding the fence:spinning:

This is a toughy ladies what should we do??? I would like to know if the ab and dr condishes are DEEEPP enough for my head.... So what's the verdict?? Honeybad I am kinda with you on this one.... But understand itsy's point as well, there are some awesome dominican condishes too... Ok officially I'm riding the fence:spinning:

As much as I'm commited to Aveda, Im not willing to risk my hair's health all because I want to be Aveda exclusive :ohwell:
I know my hair needs a deep conditioner & I would just feel alot more confortable knowing if my aveda products are deep penetrating or not.I have no problem using a non Aveda DC. Based on what I have in my arsenal Kenra would win that title hands down :grin:

Last edited:
Back