*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
I have been off my shake for about three weeks. Why? Because about three weeks ago I caught this God awful viral infection :ohwell:. Lawdamercy it was awful:nono:. I couldn't eat anything. NOT ANYTHING! Then come to find out I was also putting too much MSM in my system:blush:. MSM causes diarrhea. When I was suppose to be taking one teaspoon, I was putting one TABLEspoon in my shake.....................

So I am weening myself back on the shake this weekend since I will stuck in the house unpacking. That way if i have a reaction, I will be in safe haven.

Pray for me......lol

Hey Egglets....just stopping by. My roots are really nappy right now. I wanted a touch up but my ma is going out of town this weekend:wallbash:. I can't even get a comb thorough this jungle. I have it in braids now. I have got to come out of this wig...it is starting to reak havoc on my edges.

shake going strong...still doing 1 and 1/2 shakes a day. I have lost almost 20lbs since starting the shake in October! Whoo hoo!:woohoo2:

Congrats Puffy on loosing 20 lbs! Maybe I should lay low for a little while too. If I knew it would take at least 5 lbs. off, I would! :lachen:You're doing good, girl! Thanks for coming back around!

I have been off my shake for about three weeks. Why? Because about three weeks ago I caught this God awful viral infection :ohwell:. Lawdamercy it was awful:nono:. I couldn't eat anything. NOT ANYTHING! Then come to find out I was also putting too much MSM in my system:blush:. MSM causes diarrhea. When I was suppose to be taking one teaspoon, I was putting one TABLEspoon in my shake.....................

So I am weening myself back on the shake this weekend since I will stuck in the house unpacking. That way if i have a reaction, I will be in safe haven.

Pray for me......lol
Missed ya weaveologist. Oooh, that was a bad bug you caught. Dang ole' msm messed you up, too? Well, your cocktail will have you good as new in a jiff. I pray for your speedy recovery.

Blessings~

February Progress Report:

Okay, so check the siggy pics for length. I am claiming shoulder length!

...but the bigger news is the thickness of the roots! :drunk: I apologize that my no-so-fabulous VS Answers flat iron didn't give my great results. (I'm sending my GVP out for repair this weekend.) That dang thing would not flatten my roots to save it's life. :wallbash:
That being said, here's a better look at the root thickness:

The egg shake is the TRUTH people.:yep:
Essensual, that is some good, thick growth, girl. That ponytail is thriving, big time. Thanks for the pics. I wanna post after getting my hair blown and flatironed this weekend, but my digicam is broken. Blaze you, Circuit City for going out of business!

I only read a couple of post, I'd like to try this drink.

Can someone that has had major growth start a new thread and the exact ingredients.

I can testify about growth. My hair has grown significantly. My cell phone network is down. As soon as I can send pics to my e-mail, I will prove it. Pictures speak louder than words.

TRUST ME, I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to lie about. I had bottom of the nape length hair in Jan. I am now 3 inches from APL, but only from the back- my hair grows in layers.

I will be drinking until MBL- My goal for Dec. 09.

My name is DLove and I approve this post.

I only read a couple of post, I'd like to try this drink.

Can someone that has had major growth start a new thread and the exact ingredients.[/quote]

I'm not sure how so many overlook this, but the exact ingredients are posted on the first page (page #1) I've had major growth and I'll start a new thread some time in the future, not now. Thanks for the request.

Priceless.

I can testify about growth. My hair has grown significantly. My cell phone network is down. As soon as I can send pics to my e-mail, I will prove it. Pictures speak louder than words.

TRUST ME, I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to lie about. I had bottom of the nape length hair in Jan. I am now 3 inches from APL, but only from the back- my hair grows in layers.

I will be drinking until MBL- My goal for Dec. 09.

My name is DLove and I approve this post.

I just wanted to stop in a say hello to all the egglettes! I haven't had the shake in a week. I ran out of supplies and then was out of town in Boston with my job all this week. I got in around midnight. So, once I get to the store this weekend, I'll start back up on the shake. My hair must be really growing, because DH looked at my head and said you need a touch up. :lachen: I looked at him like he was crazy!:grin: I can't believe he said, he rarely comments about me needing my hair done. Men!

ETA: I forgot to mention that I can barely comb my hair. I'm not sure if my new growth is just that thick or my hair is tangled. I have to find someone that will take time to my perm in. I can do it myself, I did back in December, but the back was a little underprocessed. However, DH told me last week, "why don't you go natural, you have enough new growth". LOL!!! Don't think I'm ready to go the natural route yet though.

Last edited:
I just wanted to stop in a say hello to all the egglettes! I haven't had the shake in a week. I ran out of supplies and then was out of town in Boston with my job all this week. I got in around midnight. So, once I get to the store this weekend, I'll start back up on the shake. My hair must be really growing, because DH looked at my head and said you need a touch up. :lachen: I looked at him like he was crazy!:grin: I can't believe he said, he rarely comments about me needing my hair done. Men!

ETA: I forgot to mention that I can barely comb my hair. I'm not sure if my new growth is just that thick or my hair is tangled. I have to find someone that will take time to my perm in. I can do it myself, I did back in December, but the back was a little underprocessed. However, DH told me last week, "why don't you go natural, you have enough new growth". LOL!!! Don't think I'm ready to go the natural route yet though.

Honey, when the men start noticing the changes in a woman's hair, that is proof that something good is going on! Isn't it wonderful to see your new growth sprout in so quickly?? :yep:Yeah, cause that means your hair is G-R-O-W-I-N-G!!!!! Try to stretch as long as you can; you should see some real length your next perm. I'm still working on my 17 week stretch...trying to keep the new growth moisturized and oiled daily (what a challenge) until mid April! I'm like you, don't know if I'm ready to go natural yet!

Ok.

Here is a comparison shot of my hair.
I started taking the shakes in October.
Granted I DC twice per week.
I used MT in November but I keep forgetting to do it.
I use my tatoo as my marker.

From the picture, I believe that I increased in thickness mostly. My hair grows out and not down. I got a normal amount of length. I am over all pleased.

*note: I have about 1.5" of new growth in there.

I would MUCH rather have thicker hair than longer hair. My ultimate goal is to have thick shinny health shoulder length hair. Yes Lord!

Honey, when the men start noticing the changes in a woman's hair, that is proof that something good is going on! Isn't it wonderful to see your new growth sprout in so quickly?? :yep:Yeah, cause that means your hair is G-R-O-W-I-N-G!!!!! Try to stretch as long as you can; you should see some real length your next perm. I'm still working on my 17 week stretch...trying to keep the new growth moisturized and oiled daily (what a challenge) until mid April! I'm like you, don't know if I'm ready to go natural yet!

Wow that's wonderful to hear that something good is going on!!! I think the longest I've stretched is about 20 weeks! It's usually such a chore just to wash my fine strands when I've stretched for months. I'm going to revisit Rusk Smoother, I haven't used it in about 3 years and don't remember how my hair reacted to it. But, I know it's done wonders for Sylver2 and those with thick hair, so I know it can my fine strands and new growth. I'm going to try to stretch a little longer, I'm at about 13 weeks post right now.

Congrats Puffy on loosing 20 lbs! Maybe I should lay low for a little while too. If I knew it would take at least 5 lbs. off, I would! :lachen:You're doing good, girl! Thanks for coming back around!

I wont say it is only the shake. I lowered my calorie intake. I owe it to the shake. That whopping 400 calories changed that!

I would MUCH rather have thicker hair than longer hair. My ultimate goal is to have thick shinny health shoulder length hair. Yes Lord!

Me too girl. My hair grows in thick. It will be a looooong wait before I see a lot of lenght.:wallbash:

Okay I am convinced!

I am so proud that you ladies are so very well blessed by this drink. The main reason that convinced me to try to be a part of this is the love and comraderie that is going on up in here. :grouphug: (and the results!)Honestly things are a little hard for me because my husband is deployed and I live so far away from the military post so I don't have a lot of "love" going on right now. I am going to get my supplies today and will be starting this on Monday morning. I am thinking of making my shake as follows, tell me if you think this will suffice and I am so looking forward to getting some weight loss, glamourous skin and healthy flowing hair with you all:

1 cup fat free organic milk
1 scoop strawberry whey protein
1 Tbsp of greek honey yogurt
1 organic egg or 1/4 cup of eggbeaters
1 Tbsp of flaxseed
1 Tbsp of Wheat Germ
1 capsule of Evening Primrose Oil (can't get wheat germ oil over here)
lastly, 2ml ( 1 squirt) of self metabolism weight loss formula containing nettle, green tea, dandelion, yerba mate and ginger root. Later I will be adding chlorella and spirulina once I receive them. Thank you ladies for having me and many blessings to you!!!

Welcome Hairhustla! :)

I think your ingredients look pretty good.

1 cup fat free organic milk
1 scoop strawberry whey protein--there has been discussion that people may put on weight with the whey and that overall, egg white proten powder is superior. 1 Tbsp of greek honey yogurt
1 organic egg or 1/4 cup of eggbeaters
1 Tbsp of flaxseed
1 Tbsp of Wheat Germ
1 capsule of Evening Primrose Oil (can't get wheat germ oil over here)
lastly, 2ml ( 1 squirt) of self metabolism weight loss formula containing nettle, green tea, dandelion, yerba mate and ginger root. Later I will be adding chlorella and spirulina once I receive them. this sounds really good and interesting!

Thank you ladies for having me and many blessings to you!!! Glad to have you. The women in this thread are wonderful! And it's so fun to read about all of the sproutings going on. :grin:

I'm visiting my parents for the weekend, so I will miss two days of my shake. My stomach is rumbling for it now. I'll be back on it for Monday though! :lick:

I'M BACK!!!!! I finally got my whey powder. I'm hitting the gym alot now so that should help me keep the whey weight off. I started yesterday and I'll be doing 92g protein a day from 2 scoops whey(20g ea.) and 1 cup soy milk(6g). I did that b4 and got lots of growth so let's see if it'll happen again. I'm using GNC pro performance whey powder, Riteaid has it for $38 for the 5lb bottle. I think vitaminshoppe(free shipping over $100) and vitscost has either that or optimum nutrition whey powder for about the same price. I'm using this much protein a day to see if it can help me with my edges(protein deficiency). I'm also drinking 1.5 to 2 litres of water a day. So yea I'm back in full swing ready to regrow my hairline. Peace and hairgrease!!

Thank you so much TallNomad for the Welcome!

I just could not wait to get started so I went on out in the pouring rain to get my supplies and I just mixed up my first batch with an air of uncertainty and added some fresh avocado in it and voila...it was
Fab:eatme:BU :shocked: Lous:love:!!!

Here is some interesting information on avocados:

A small avocado will provide more usable protein then a huge steak because cooked protein in meat is deranged and mostly unavailable to our liver, the organ which makes all of our body’s protein. Avocados are bursting with nutrients--vitamins, A, B-complex, C, E, H, K, and folic acid, plus the minerals magnesium, copper, iron, calcium, potassium and many other trace elements. Avocados provide all of the essential amino acids (those that must be provided by our diet), with 18 amino acids in all, plus 7 fatty acids, including Omega 3 and 6. Avocados contain more protein than cow’s milk, about 2% per edible portion.

Avocado eaters who eat a healthful vegan diet typically experience more lustrous hair, softer, smoother skin, more pliable nails, fewer joint problems, slimmer belly, less body odor, improved mental function and enhanced libido. Upon giving up animal meat and dairy, switching to a diet of 75% to 100% raw vegan foods with enzymatically-alive “plant meat,” and adopting a healthful lifestyle, a multitude of people have reaped amazing health benefits and joyous vitality.

Do not eat avocado with any other kind of oily, fatty or high-protein food such as seeds, nuts, coconut, olives, yogurt, cream, cheese or meat. Wait several hours between eating these foods, although the ideal is 24 hours. It takes several hours to digest and utilize any kind of heavy/oily food, and the body can only digest one at a time.

This was taken from Living and Raw Foods.

I love this! I've been using coconut oil instead of wheat germ oil and the taste is just divine. I would like to know if the WGO is necessary if not i'll just stick with the CO.

Sooooooooooooooo I have read every single post in this thread. I was starting my adventure on a green and weight gaining shake/smoothie (green for overall health and energy and the weight gain is well give me more butter in the back :grin:).

Before I saw this thread I had a 2000 calorie shake that included what germ oil, wheat grass frozen shot and almonds.

Then I came across a friend that has clear skin and long dreads. Her green smoothie was kale, apples, agave nectar and some water to get it going in the blender.

So thus, I decided to combine it all and here are the contents of my shakes ( I switch up):

- sliced almonds, egg, wheat germ oil, ice cream OR milk, strawberries, seaweed (all the other items, you can't taste it at all!), and honey

- sliced almonds, egg, wheat germ oil, kale, apples, agave nectar, water

I just need to stop by Whole Paycheck and get me some wheat germ!!!

I work in the office Monday and Tuesday and these will be my green tea in the morning days and Wednesday - Friday I work from home and that will be my shake days, including the weekends. The ice cream overloads me on the bubble guts :lachen: but the milk doesn't. I eat a bowl of cereal every night but the daily ice cream got to me.

Thank you ladies for all the research and encouragement.

February Progress Report:

Okay, so check the siggy pics for length. I am claiming shoulder length!

...but the bigger news is the thickness of the roots! :drunk: I apologize that my no-so-fabulous VS Answers flat iron didn't give my great results. (I'm sending my GVP out for repair this weekend.) That dang thing would not flatten my roots to save it's life. :wallbash:
That being said, here's a better look at the root thickness:

The egg shake is the TRUTH people.:yep:

Congrats! :superbanana:

Sooooooooooooooo I have read every single post in this thread. I was starting my adventure on a green and weight gaining shake/smoothie (green for overall health and energy and the weight gain is well give me more butter in the back :grin:).

Before I saw this thread I had a 2000 calorie shake that included what germ oil, wheat grass frozen shot and almonds.

Then I came across a friend that has clear skin and long dreads. Her green smoothie was kale, apples, agave nectar and some water to get it going in the blender.

So thus, I decided to combine it all and here are the contents of my shakes ( I switch up):

- sliced almonds, egg, wheat germ oil, ice cream OR milk, strawberries, seaweed (all the other items, you can't taste it at all!), and honey

- sliced almonds, egg, wheat germ oil, kale, apples, agave nectar, water

I just need to stop by Whole Paycheck and get me some wheat germ!!!

I work in the office Monday and Tuesday and these will be my green tea in the morning days and Wednesday - Friday I work from home and that will be my shake days, including the weekends. The ice cream overloads me on the bubble guts :lachen: but the milk doesn't. I eat a bowl of cereal every night but the daily ice cream got to me.

Thank you ladies for all the research and encouragement.

this shake sounds really yummy. How much do you drink?

Back