*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Just a quick check in. Going hard with the eggshake M-F and sometimes on the weekends too. Between this and Chlorella, I think I should reach my hair goals in 2009. I will be posting my February progress pics later this week. The thickness I'm getting in the crown area I attribute to the eggshake. Seriously. It's thick!! Real talk.

For those of you gagging on the WG oil taste: a while back someone posted that they allow the WG oil to sit for several minutes before mixing the shake. I have tried this and it works. I put my bananas in first then the oil. I allow the bananas to soak up the oil then I mix in the rest of the ingredients. I cannot taste the oil. This works for me.

Thanks sunflower, for the tip. You must have read my mind. I was thinking there had to be something to help with the taste. I think cinnamon works well, too. Guess what, Egglettes, I'm drinking my cocktail today, and it's SunDay~ Woop woop!

You all will not beleive this.

I have been waiting to get wheat germ I had to order and have shipped.

My husband and I made a run to the Kroger in my area this morning before
the snow arrived (rare in GA). My husband was waisting time reading I walked
down an aisle I had never been on before and low and behold Raw Wheat germ
for $2.50 I can not believe I waited all this time and there was Wheat germ around the corner.

So I go, I dont think it taste soooo great so I added strawberrys.

You might be able to find this items in the local store.

The taste of the raw wheat germ is bad. I have to figure out my recipe, will
try something different tomorrow until I get a taste I like.

The start of my journey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Question: Did I not blend long enough I could see and taste the wheat germ flakes?
Why wait 2 hours to eat?

Ok, I just had to come back and rave more about Omega 3 fish oil to you ladies. I got the Vitamin Shoppe brand, and I mix 2 tsp per day in my shake. I literally got this stuff on Tuesday of this week, and now today I looked closely at my scalp after drinking my shake and then working out and noticed that it was glistening. At first I thought it was just sweat lingering on my scalp, but long after my hair dried I looked more closely and it was still glistening. I haven't put any product directly on my scalp since I washed my hair, but every follicle on my scalp had moisture on it!! :shocked: I noticed on Christmas that my hair seemed to actually be accepting moisture rather than just sucking it up and drying out within hours. So as of today I am officially convinced that Omega 3 Fish Oil has saved my life!

vs-2265.gif

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-2265

I chose the Vitamin Shoppe brand because of its high concentration of EPA's and DHA's, which are supposed to be good for women's libido. And um :look:, for fear of giving too much information, I'll just say that they really are. :giggle: But on TOP of that, I've FINALLY resolved my hair's moisture problem! I'm thinking of stretching my relaxer even longer now. AND it adds a refreshing lemon-lime taste to my wasitlength cocktail! Don't sleep on this oil ladies, it will change your LIFE! lol

Ok will try this next, I have such dry skin looking for diet changes to combat a problem I have had for years. I have been telling my family for years I fill like my extream dry scalp has to do with supplements I am not getting in my diet.

ITA about the protein...I compete in figure competitions (kind of like bodybuilding) and when I'm in season (now :perplexed) I eat about 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight a day...usually I eat about 1 gram of protein/lb of bodyweight a day. My hair grows much faster and stronger with this extra protein intake.

Please remember all proteins are not created equally...I don't agree that a regular whey or soy protein drink will do the trick...ask any bodybuilder and they will tell you egg protein is a better, more complete protein than whey or soy (which is what is usually in protein drinks). If you're going to use a protein drink, be sure you choose a protein drink made primarily from egg protein (preferably with less than 4 grams of fat per serving, too!). I would say you can just EAT a few eggs (or egg beaters, which are made from whites so they have less calories, less cholesterol, and less fat!) rather than drinking raw eggs. At any rate, I'm sure it will work, but I'll take cooked eggs instead :yawn:

Thanks to Bronze and all of the ladies for starting this thread and sharing your experiences. After lurking for a while, I decided to start drinking my way to waistlength hair on today. I even convinced my mom to start, and she is having serious hair issues right now. I added Lethicin, brewer's yeast, a bananna, and a few strawberries to my recipe, and I am using yogurt in the place of milk. It tastes pretty good. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support. I will keep you updated.

Thanks for joining us, MagnoliaBelle, I like your cocktail mix, you chose great ingredients, good for you! I am certain you and your mom will enjoy the benefits this drink rewards. This is an awesome thread, with a great group of ladies who are very supportive and kind and will help with suggestions and recommendations. We'll look for posts on you guys' progress.

Let's welcome MagnoliaBelle and her mom, our newest Egglettes!

Thanks to Bronze and all of the ladies for starting this thread and sharing your experiences. After lurking for a while, I decided to start drinking my way to waistlength hair on today. I even convinced my mom to start, and she is having serious hair issues right now. I added Lethicin, brewer's yeast, a bananna, and a few strawberries to my recipe, and I am using yogurt in the place of milk. It tastes pretty good. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support. I will keep you updated.

Hot40, I'm glad you finally got your raw wheat germ. Right in your own backyard, to say the least. Well, at least you're good to go. You will taste and see the wheat germ, you need to blend for at least 30 seconds. longer if you have chunky fruit.

Question: Did I not blend long enough I could see and taste the wheat germ flakes?
Why wait 2 hours to eat?
wait two hours to eat to let the nutrients completely absorb into your system with no interruption.

Ok will try this next, I have such dry skin looking for diet changes to combat a problem I have had for years. I have been telling my family for years I fill like my extream dry scalp has to do with supplements I am not getting in my diet.
you probably won't need this if you are using wheat germ oil - i purchased my batch from iherb.com, i bought 32oz of Viobin for $14, a good deal, imo. there are some who probably use both, but i think the wg oil will probably take care of your dry skin and definitely dry scalp. you'll be amazed by the results of this drink. Amazed.

Just a quick check in. Going hard with the eggshake M-F and sometimes on the weekends too. Between this and Chlorella, I think I should reach my hair goals in 2009. I will be posting my February progress pics later this week. The thickness I'm getting in the crown area I attribute to the eggshake. Seriously. It's thick!! Real talk.
Thanks for the updates, Essensual, i must agree, my hair is getting real thick, where it is beginning to bother me to bun my hair. I had this problem all my life, when my new growth is intense, it's hard to bun, i just had too much hair! Well it's getting that way. I'm transitioning and I'm beginning to run into that same feeling. For a whole year i haven't felt this way until now. My hair is thick thick!! Real talk.

OK SECOND DAY FOR ME. TODAY I ADDED PROTEIN POWDER IT HELPED THE TASTE FOR ME. I WILL KEEP GOING UNTIL I GET A FORMULA THAT TASTE GOOD TO ME.

HOW LONG BEFOR YOU LADIES SAW HAIR GROWTH???
DID YOU NOTICE GROWTH OTHER THAN YOUR HEAD???? LOL

OK SECOND DAY FOR ME. TODAY I ADDED PROTEIN POWDER IT HELPED THE TASTE FOR ME. I WILL KEEP GOING UNTIL I GET A FORMULA THAT TASTE GOOD TO ME.

HOW LONG BEFOR YOU LADIES SAW HAIR GROWTH???
DID YOU NOTICE GROWTH OTHER THAN YOUR HEAD???? LOL
Girl, you have to read those posts, we are sprouting hair everywhere, i think Nair stock has risen due to the Waistlength Cocktail....lol~ I keep some handy, I promise hair grows within minutes, i have to check myself hourly....:spinning::lachen::grin:

Hey Egglets....just stopping by. My roots are really nappy right now. I wanted a touch up but my ma is going out of town this weekend:wallbash:. I can't even get a comb thorough this jungle. I have it in braids now. I have got to come out of this wig...it is starting to reak havoc on my edges.

shake going strong...still doing 1 and 1/2 shakes a day. I have lost almost 20lbs since starting the shake in October! Whoo hoo!:woohoo2:

I have some update pics to post. There was a thread asking us to reveal pics and how we are a secret society :lachen:and I posted comparison shots. Well, here is my latest update.

pic 1 is starting point. Pic 2 was a month later. Pic 3,4 and 5 were taken today which is approx. another month of progress. In the last pic I can finally get my hair into pigtail.

Attachments

• PIC-0260.JPG
    PIC-0260.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 32
  • Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 29
  • Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Here are a few more. My hair is crazy thick, i kept having to turn off my blowdryer to let it cool down before overheating.:spinning: My hair has always been thick but now it's CRAZY THICK.

The first pic was after i blowdried (ignore my big *** ears lol). The second pic was before blowdrying all..you can see my shrink. 3rd pick is my hair before blowdrying. The last pick is my hair before blowdrying stretched at the back.

Attachments

• Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Picture 049.jpg
    Picture 049.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 31
  • Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hey Egglets....just stopping by. My roots are really nappy right now. I wanted a touch up but my ma is going out of town this weekend:wallbash:. I can't even get a comb thorough this jungle. I have it in braids now. I have got to come out of this wig...it is starting to reak havoc on my edges.

shake going strong...still doing 1 and 1/2 shakes a day. I have lost almost 20lbs since starting the shake in October! Whoo hoo!:woohoo2:
Well, shut the front door! Puffyyyyy, 20 pounds! That is great! Congrats, girl. And the thickness in the roots ain't nothin to sneeze at, either. You are my (s)hero.

:congrats: PuffyBrown! I had to come out of lurkmood for that one!
Mona, you are not lying, you have got to come out and give her props for that.

Last edited:
Here are a few more. My hair is crazy thick, i kept having to turn off my blowdryer to let it cool down before overheating.:spinning: My hair has always been thick but now it's CRAZY THICK.

The first pic was after i blowdried (ignore my big *** ears lol). The second pic was before blowdrying all..you can see my shrink. 3rd pick is my hair before blowdrying. The last pick is my hair before blowdrying stretched at the back.
D3, that Big A$$ afro IS yours!

Wow-wee, mama mia! That is some good looking juicy hair you got going. Thanks for posting those pics, chica. Keep it up. Man I got to catch-up with y'all folks. :yep:

February Progress Report:

Okay, so check the siggy pics for length. I am claiming shoulder length!

...but the bigger news is the thickness of the roots! :drunk: I apologize that my no-so-fabulous VS Answers flat iron didn't give my great results. (I'm sending my GVP out for repair this weekend.) That dang thing would not flatten my roots to save it's life. :wallbash:
That being said, here's a better look at the root thickness:

The egg shake is the TRUTH people.:yep:

Back