*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
But our hair is growing faster....:yep:

I'll believe that when I see it.

In earlier threads, there were posters who continually mentioned that consuming raw eggs, especially the white, caused biotin defiencies, even though we asserted that it would not - unless you eat many, many raw eggs, such as a dozen per day.

I have researched this myself and posted the information for those concerned that their biotin was being destroyed. I also read that our intake of biotin comes from so many places, it would really, really difficult, EXTremely difficult to have this condition. It is considered a rarity. Something that almost never happens.

In the event, that you are a body builder, consuming 20 egg whites per day, doctors recommend taking a 5000 mg dose of biotin. This would offset any possible deficiencies.

I'm not saying that eating raw egg would cause a biotin deficiency. My research has shown me that avidin binds to biotin making it less likely that it will be absorbed. Obviously one raw egg a day is not going to be enough to stop all the biotin you get from other sources from being absorbed, just some of it (maybe just a small amount). So it just seems contradictory to me. But, that's why I've been reading the thread and what not, so that I could find out more about it.

I'll believe that when I see it.

I'm not saying that eating raw egg would cause a biotin deficiency. My research has shown me that avidin binds to biotin making it less likely that it will be absorbed. Obviously one raw egg a day is not going to be enough to stop all the biotin you get from other sources from being absorbed, just some of it (maybe just a small amount). So it just seems contradictory to me. But, that's why I've been reading the thread and what not, so that I could find out more about it.
As we learn more, we'll share more. That's what this thread is all about..

Powdered Egg Users;

I told you I would let you know when Honeyville offers their discount again.

GREETINGS from Honeyville Farms:

SUMMARY: Time to stock up! Get 10% off your entire order from Thursday,
February 5, 2009 thru Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 6:00PM PST. Simply enter
the coupon code LINCOLN during checkout. Act now! Check out our new Dairy
Combo Pack. It has our 6 canned, dried dairy products in one convenient,
cost-reduced package. Also, check out a phenomenal deal on 2 pound pouches of
cocoa in the Clearance category.

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com

Hello! I had my concoction today! :lick: I am noticing a few things since I have started:

1. My hair is more oily than usual. It's to the point that after conditioning my hair, I didn't have to use a leave-in. I don't care that my hair is a little oily.

2. My hair is definitely stronger than usual. This is weird to me because I think I've only being drinking my egg shakes for three weeks. How could my new growth seem so strong after only three weeks? Also, I had a relaxer on Jan 15 and I already feel new growth in the back and crown of my head.

3. My SO has noticed a difference in my hair. He says it's getting longer and thicker.

Bronz, I really want to have a Part 2 thread of our discussions but I don't know how to start. If anyone is willing to help Bronz make a part 2 of this thread, please send her an instant message. I really want a new thread. Thanks.

Checking in! In my shake: 3/4 almond milk, 1 tbs spirulina powder,1 egg yolk, 2 tbs wheat germ, 1 tbs flax oil. I also took 15 pills/4g powder along with it. For me when I did not add the spirulina I think I was hungrier because of the wheat germ? Not sure. I was not hungry today! Oh yea forgot to add, I also had 2 ounces of aloe juice in the shake. I know it may seem like a bit much but, I am lazy so, I do everything together! I use this as a meal replacement. I do not eat for 3 hours.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I just want you to be the first to know that my LCHF membership is coming up early next month. I am not going to renew my membership. I have learned so much on this website but it is time for me to move on. I will probally lurk for awhile and maybe someday see some of my cousins (Nikko's) on this journey we call life. I love you all so much (you wouldn't believe how much). I have just gotten tired of coming to the website and need a break from it.

:wallbash::wallbash: I haven't even started my shakes yet! *sigh* I need to start because I really want to see if I can make APL by Dec.

:wallbash::wallbash: I haven't even started my shakes yet! *sigh* I need to start because I really want to see if I can make APL by Dec.

Girl whatchu waitin on? Just mix it up, pinch your nose and swallow, its not that bad and you get used to it.

Bye Puffy, when you go I will miss you!

I posted pictures, so you can go see that...:drunk:

I think a thread a long of this many participants proves the point.

I must have missed your pictures, I'll definitely look for them. And, there are lots of long threads, with many participants, about things that don't really work (MT, MTG, MN, BT, BM, etc. etc.)...so that doesn't do much to convince me. But, I'm all about progress pictures so believe me I'll be looking for them. I'm just doing my research.

I'm more interested in this because it's natural and it'll make me healthier all around, which my hair will benefit from of course.

I must have missed your pictures, I'll definitely look for them. And, there are lots of long threads, with many participants, about things that don't really work (MT, MTG, MN, BT, BM, etc. etc.)...so that doesn't do much to convince me. But, I'm all about progress pictures so believe me I'll be looking for them. I'm just doing my research.

I'm more interested in this because it's natural and it'll make me healthier all around, which my hair will benefit from of course.

it seems like what's holding you back is the raw egg bc of the egg white. you can always substitute the raw egg w/ powdered eggs or egg beaters. or you can separate the egg white and the yolk. the key is really protein, so you can just use some amino acids or protein powders or drinks. increase the protein, increase hair growth. hth.

Oh, Puffy, that hurt. You will be missed. Let's keep in touch. You're a great gal. I understand, though. This site was really addictive when I first joined and searched for answers, thank goodness, I've found a lot of what I was looking for. So, my time on the site is not as consuming as it once was. I wish you well, PuffyBrown. (a little tear drops...)

Hi Ladies,

I just want you to be the first to know that my LCHF membership is coming up early next month. I am not going to renew my membership. I have learned so much on this website but it is time for me to move on. I will probally lurk for awhile and maybe someday see some of my cousins (Nikko's) on this journey we call life. I love you all so much (you wouldn't believe how much). I have just gotten tired of coming to the website and need a break from it.

Hey Ladies, I've been keeping up on all of your wonderful progress while working out the kinks. I'm still having my shake on a daily basis but I've missed a few days here and there. I was just checking in to say what's up!! I have a question are any of you ladies taking Cholrella?

^I took it for a while, but I knew nothing of it making hair grow...I discontinued it after a while, it made me feel a little odd, not bad, but different. I wish i knew of the effects, i would have kept it up.

Glad you're keeping up with your cocktail, I'm looking forward to having mine in the am.

Hey Ladies, I've been keeping up on all of your wonderful progress while working out the kinks. I'm still having my shake on a daily basis but I've missed a few days here and there. I was just checking in to say what's up!! I have a question are any of you ladies taking Cholrella?

I'm taking chlorella and drinking the shake.

Bye Puffy. I totally understand your decision. Your posts will be missed. I've decided not to renew when my membership expires. Time to move on.

I'm taking Chlorella too. I'm up to 4 grams will no ill effects.

Puffy,
I understand your decision and wish you all the best life has to offer.
Peace and blessings, and HHG!:yep:

Yes ma'am I am. So is Yodie and maybe a few others. Both are doing wonderful things for my body and my hair. I just upped my dosage of chlorella though and everytime I do that I get a mini break out but I should be seeing skin benefits very soon.

Both the Chlorella and the egg shake together are very beneficial for regulating your body. I am seeing very interesting results in that area.

I just started last week!

OK---I can't wait to post progress pics! (well, if everyone is revealing in March--I might be late b/c I won't use heat again until ~May) But I do have my feb update in my fotki.

I used heat for the first time since mid-December and I have def. noticeable hair improvement and growth.

I started Jan 1st. drinking the egg drink. The first week was only egg whites and then the rest of the time 1-2 entire eggs. :yep:

I will DEF be doing this consist. until Summer and will be keeping this as a part of my routine.

Morning Ladies!!

Just checking in! I ve been taking my shake faithfully for almost 2 weeks now.. UUUMMMM......................... Did I already mention Im having a great SKIN month!!!!Im like glowing! Its amazing. I dont care if this shake makes my hair BUTT length or not, because my skin has never been softer! and my BOOBS!!:spinning: at first I was like "something weird is going on. "My cup runneth over"Ive been having that horrible "4 BOOBY SYNDROME" in the bra. (yall KNOW what Im talking about so dont act!!) lol I dont know what thats about, its weird............ but I like it!!!:lachen: So drink up ladies! :cheers:
Ive been tryna recruit everybody! lol My mom wont do it, but she does remember her father drinking raw eggs every morning for breakfast. So I guess it was an old school practice.
Peace out!

Great testimonies, Ladies....haha, sunbubbles, "my cup runneth over" - that's a real good one. I did a super LOL! on that one. Yep, something in the cocktail makes the boobs perk-up, for real.

Had my cocktail, all was good, haven't changed my recipe because i'm loving my results. Everyone is mentioning how thick my hair is looking. My wash n' go's have been uncomfortable, lately. The ponies are hurting my head. My mom said my hair looked "packed." lol~

If you search this thread for my name you will find my post with the pictures. If not, PM me, and would be more than happy to email them to you. I will also be posting additional progress pics on the 20th (My monthly anniversary of my inch a month personal challenge)...... MT, MTG, and BM also works! I am a witness. My hair is growing like crazy! The LHCF forum is FULL of progress pics and proof of what works!

Back