*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Checkin in! I had 3/4 cup almond milk. 1 teaspoon of spirulina powder, 1/2 teaspoon wheat grass powder an egg YOLK and two tbs of wheat germ. for two months i drank the whole egg but,i decided to try just the yolk. just washed and retwisted my hair. i can see marked growth. i am a slow grower. as far as using the yolk. i crack the egg, stand over the sink or trash and transfer the yolk
and egg white back and forth until most of the egg white is in the trash or sink.

just FYI, i have not had any problem with feeling hungry or throughout this past month until today and yesterday. The only difference is the spirutein powder, so Im returning that and cutting out the protein powder altogether. making the only addition to the shake chlorella powder and green food mix

Hey Egglettes, I missed you guys.

Today was HEC-tic! I was on the go from sun up til sun down.

I missed my cocktail, i woke up with a massive migraine and blindly made my way to work, an hour late, went to a meeting this evening, went to 3 stores after work and now I am finally home, feeding the chickadees and trying to feed myself before throwing my body into bed. Whew! I was so busy, I forgot I was ill. LOL!

And I just applied aphogee 2 min recon to my hair, washed and now I'm airdrying....I just might have two eggs in my cocktail tomorrow to make-up for today.

Sounds like you guys are productive and having a great day...so far so good!

Be blessed, Egglettes, I'm checkin' out, g'nite.....
~*B

I haven't posted here in a while, but I still agree that this is the best tastin' shake out there.

My shake is pretty much still the same. I'm swapping spinach for chlorella powder.

Good Morning Egglettes,

I'm still going strong! However, I have yet to get to the store to get wheat germ oil. I've been using by Total EFA oil and it's almost gone. This week at work has been crazy busy (11-12 hour days) and all I feel like doing after work is going straight to the house.

Morning ladies! I had my shake this morning. The funny thing is that I cant taste the egg at all,........ but that wheat germ oil!!!!??? YUCK! I dont think Im very fond of that AT ALL! How can I cover that taste?

Good Morning Egglettes,

I'm still going strong! However, I have yet to get to the store to get wheat germ oil. I've been using by Total EFA oil and it's almost gone. This week at work has been crazy busy (11-12 hour days) and all I feel like doing after work is going straight to the house.
I know, I'm counting down Spring Break, already....

Good Morning, Hon~
Morning ladies! I had my shake this morning. The funny thing is that I cant taste the egg at all,........ but that wheat germ oil!!!!??? YUCK! I dont think Im very fond of that AT ALL! How can I cover that taste?
Have you tried cinnamon? That helps a bunch.

Yep, I had my cocktail like a good girl, though a third of it landed on me and I had to jump in the shower and wash off - again. :perplexed. But it was all good, I had more than enough left over....I think my puppy's hair will be gawjus! He lapped some up :lachen:.

I second Bronze's cinnamon suggestion. It worked for me!

Egglettes, I just read up on this...it says you will receive a biotin defiency if large amounts of raw egg whites are consumed.....Large Amounts of Raw Egg Whites....Large Amounts...not a raw egg or day or even two....

Who is likely to be deficient?
Certain rare inborn diseases can leave people with depletion of biotin due to the inability to metabolise the vitamin normally. A dietary deficiency of biotin, however, is quite uncommon, even in those consuming a diet low in this B vitamin. Nonetheless, if someone eats large quantities of raw egg whites, a biotin deficiency can develop, because a protein in the raw egg white inhibits the absorption of biotin. Cooked eggs do not present this problem. Long-term antibiotic use can interfere with biotin production in the intestine and increase the risk of deficiency symptoms, such as dermatitis, depression, hair loss,2 anaemia, and nausea. Long-term use of anti-seizure medications may also lead to biotin deficiency.3 Alcoholics and people with diseases of the stomach have been reported to show evidence of poor biotin status. However, the usefulness of biotin supplementation for these people remains unclear.4 In animals, and possibly in humans, biotin deficiency can cause birth defects.5 As biotin deficiency may occur in as many as 50% of pregnant women,6 it seems reasonable to use a prenatal multiple vitamin and mineral formula that contains biotin.

I also found this...you need to eat a dozen raw egg per day to achieve Biotin defiency....just for those still on the fence about this.

Last edited:
I also found this...you need to eat a dozen raw egg per day to achieve Biotin defiency....just for those still on the fence about this.

Thanx for this. It was really getting to me when they kept bringing up the biotin defiency. I KNOW it was mentioned before in the thread that one or two raw eggs a day wouldn't hurt.

Thanx for this. It was really getting to me when they kept bringing up the biotin defiency. I KNOW it was mentioned before in the thread that one or two raw eggs a day wouldn't hurt.

What do you all mean by biotin defiency? Excuse my ignorance..... My shake is the original ingredients. I take biotin in addition to MSM as well so this peeked my interest.

What do you all mean by biotin defiency? Excuse my ignorance..... My shake is the original ingredients. I take biotin in addition to MSM as well so this peeked my interest.

People were saying that they had read if one consumed raw eggs, it could possibly cause a biotin deficiency, however, if you look above your original post, Bronze has found information that says you would have to consume lots of raw eggs (in 1 day) for this to happen.

And some women are now separating the "whites" from the yolk just in case I guess. But as far as the information seems, we shouldn't be too concerned unless you are already compromised in some way health-wise (this is also mentioned in the information that Bronze posted).

In earlier threads, there were posters who continually mentioned that consuming raw eggs, especially the white, caused biotin defiencies, even though we asserted that it would not - unless you eat many, many raw eggs, such as a dozen per day.

I have researched this myself and posted the information for those concerned that their biotin was being destroyed. I also read that our intake of biotin comes from so many places, it would really, really difficult, EXTremely difficult to have this condition. It is considered a rarity. Something that almost never happens.

In the event, that you are a body builder, consuming 20 egg whites per day, doctors recommend taking a 5000 mg dose of biotin. This would offset any possible deficiencies.

We keep putting this information out there, so everyone can make an informed decision.

HTH!

I will never ever ever...drink Raw Eggs...:lachen:. My hair needs/loves PROTEIN but not like that :nono:. My other issue is I can't stand mixing stuff up if I can avoid it.

So, I just started drinking this ready-made protein drink. It has 14g of protein per scoop and with the 7g from Silk (soy milk), I'm up to 21g per day...that's HUGE for me. And the taste, the taste, the taste....nothing like the other protein drinks I've tried, all bland and chalky. It tastes like a dessert :drunk:! I'm in love... I hope that I remember to keep this up, I hate to find something good only to forget about it after a month or two. This is the second time I stumbled upon this protein powder, so go figure.

I posted a picture of the Spiru-Tein Simply Natural flavor I buy because it has no sweeteners, as I am cutting down on sweets, period, but they have a lot of different flavors available like Cherries Jubilee, Strawberry Shortcake, and Cookies & Cream. I bought it at local health food store but you can get online as well.

nt-1985.gif

I am glad you posted this! I was looking at this
last week and did not buy it because I wasn't sure
if I would like it. I will have to get some next time I visit Whole Foods.

I haven't posted here in a while, but I still agree that this is the best tastin' shake out there.

My shake is pretty much still the same. I'm swapping spinach for chlorella powder.

Nice to hear from ya!

I cover it up with nutmeg and I use a tablespoon of vanilla protein powder. Covers really good. I know that some people don't use protein powder but I do.

Interesting. I posted in another thread the other day that I read that you shouldn't have raw egg at all if you are trying to boost your hair growth because it is high in avidin, which binds to biotin and stops it from being absorbed.

I wonder...even if you're not eating a dozen raw eggs a day...one per day is more than the normal amount...the avidin is still there...so wouldn't that still affect your biotin absorption, even minimally? It just seems like it's counteracting some (or all) of the other efforts you might be making.

Interesting. I posted in another thread the other day that I read that you shouldn't have raw egg at all if you are trying to boost your hair growth because it is high in avidin, which binds to biotin and stops it from being absorbed.

I wonder...even if you're not eating a dozen raw eggs a day...one per day is more than the normal amount...the avidin is still there...so wouldn't that still affect your biotin absorption, even minimally? It just seems like it's counteracting some (or all) of the other efforts you might be making.

But our hair is growing faster....:yep:

Morning Ladies! I hope everyone is off to a good start this morning!! :grin:

Ok I had my shake made oil and everything................ and I just..........couldnt................ doit! The thought of that oil.... NOPE!!!:barf:
Sorry yall but I think Im a candidate for the wheat germ oil pills. I saw them in gnc the other day so Imma go get me some. I tryed the cinnamon thing but I could still smell it.

but dont think I DIDNT HAVE MY SHAKE!! No ma'am! I was gettin my shake in one way or another, so I threw that one away ( waste of a perfectly good organic egg!)

and made me another shake MINUS the oil, slurped that down:fat:and ran out tha door to work! :driver: hee hee

Interesting. I posted in another thread the other day that I read that you shouldn't have raw egg at all if you are trying to boost your hair growth because it is high in avidin, which binds to biotin and stops it from being absorbed.In earlier threads, there were posters who continually mentioned that consuming raw eggs, especially the white, caused biotin defiencies, even though we asserted that it would not - unless you eat many, many raw eggs, such as a dozen per day.

I have researched this myself and posted the information for those concerned that their biotin was being destroyed. I also read that our intake of biotin comes from so many places, it would really, really difficult, EXTremely difficult to have this condition. It is considered a rarity. Something that almost never happens.

In the event, that you are a body builder, consuming 20 egg whites per day, doctors recommend taking a 5000 mg dose of biotin. This would offset any possible deficiencies.

HTH!

~*B

Ok I had my shake made oil and everything................ and I just..........couldnt................ doit! The thought of that oil.... NOPE!!!:barf:
Sorry yall but I think Im a candidate for the wheat germ oil pills. I saw them in gnc the other day so Imma go get me some. I tryed the cinnamon thing but I could still smell it.

but dont think I DIDNT HAVE MY SHAKE!! No ma'am! I was gettin my shake in one way or another, so I threw that one away ( waste of a perfectly good organic egg!)

and made me another shake MINUS the oil, slurped that down:fat:and ran out tha door to work! :driver: hee hee[/quote]<<<This is so funny this is me, every morning, chugging my cocktail down and driving like a bandit to work! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I got my cocktail down, and guess what? My dd wanted one, and she got hers down, too...just egg, soymilk, a lil wheat germ oil and a splash of sugarfree choc syrup....she loved it! She's 9 with waistlength natural hair...so if she keeps this up, can you imagine?

:lachen::lachen:..........

and made me another shake MINUS the oil, slurped that down:fat:and ran out tha door to work! :driver: hee hee

Back