*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
I too have had to step up my waxing game....I swear I'm sprouting grass all over my body, lol! I tried MSM in my cocktail once, and it made me gag so I never did it again. Sorry, I have no advice, CS.

Sunbubbles, sorry for your hair episode. With your cocktail, it'll come back in spades, so don't even get upset.

Okay, ladies, it was hard for me to drag myself out of bed, so I almost missed my cocktail, but then I remembered, I was off for the weekend, so I headed straight for my fridge. It went down smooth and quick, just the way I like it.

Have a blessed week, Egglettes!
:lol:

Egglettes, you are too funny with this 'extra' hair growth. :lol:

Bronze, guess what? I can't take MSM.... :nono: I never understood it, because of all of it's wonderful benefits. Off and On I've tried to incorporate MSM into my diet, but it doesn't work for me.

First, it weakens my nails (they become thin and they break very easily).

Then my hair begins to weaken and I have to stop taking the MSM.

I recently was having soreness with my right ankle (gym related) and I was taking a supplement called Bio Flex and it has MSM in it. About a week into taking the Bio Flex, I noticed my nails weakening and then my hair started to feel brittle. I realized what it was; the MSM in the Bio Flex.

It's strange, but I'm one of the ones who can't take MSM. I wonder if anyone else has had this experience?

Any hoo, your Thread really saved my hair and nails, along with my use of Mega Tek and Ovation. I just wanted to thank you for helping me to become an 'official' Bronze Egglette'. :bighug:

You regime really works for healthy hair.

Oh yea. I think the shake is helping me in regards to making sure I watch what I eat after drinking it (Dont want any EXTRA calories), anyways it keeps me full for a while. I weighed myself this morning. YAY!! I lost 5 pds!!

I will never ever ever...drink Raw Eggs...:lachen:. My hair needs/loves PROTEIN but not like that :nono:. My other issue is I can't stand mixing stuff up if I can avoid it.

So, I just started drinking this ready-made protein drink. It has 14g of protein per scoop and with the 7g from Silk (soy milk), I'm up to 21g per day...that's HUGE for me. And the taste, the taste, the taste....nothing like the other protein drinks I've tried, all bland and chalky. It tastes like a dessert :drunk:! I'm in love... I hope that I remember to keep this up, I hate to find something good only to forget about it after a month or two. This is the second time I stumbled upon this protein powder, so go figure.

I posted a picture of the Spiru-Tein Simply Natural flavor I buy because it has no sweeteners, as I am cutting down on sweets, period, but they have a lot of different flavors available like Cherries Jubilee, Strawberry Shortcake, and Cookies & Cream. I bought it at local health food store but you can get online as well.

nt-1985.gif

Last edited:
lol I'm mathy like that (geekish) and also really strict about carbs when I get fed up with being fat LOL. But yeah I almost just want to use 1 tablespoon in the shake because of the carb count but the original recipe said 2 for a reason and I don't want to mess myself up from getting the benefits for my hair. I will try to cut carbs somewhere else later in the day.

Good Luck to you. Keep me updated with your progress and let me know if you need any other conversions :)

I will never ever ever...dring Raw Eggs...:lachen:. My hair needs/loves PROTEIN but not like that :nono:. My other issue is I can't stand mixing stuff up if I can avoid it.

So, I just started drinking this ready-made protein drink. It has 14g of protein per scoop and with the 7g from Silk (soy milk), I'm up to 21g per day...that's HUGE for me. And the taste, the taste, the taste....nothing like the other protein drinks I've tried, all bland and chalky. It tastes like a dessert :drunk:! I'm in love... I hope that I remember to keep this up, I hate to find something good only to forget about it after a month or two. This is the second time I stumble upon this protein powder, so go figure.

I posted a picture of the Spiru-Tein Simply Natural flavor I buy because it has no sweeteners, as I am cutting down on sweets, period, but they have a lot of different flavors available like Cherries Jubilee, Strawberry Shortcake, and Cookies & Cream. I bought it at local health food store but you can get online as well.

nt-1985.gif

>>> I like this brand. I had the low sugar banana flavor and it tasted so good. Almost like a banana smoothie with real bananas YUM !

I will never ever ever...dring Raw Eggs...:lachen:. My hair needs/loves PROTEIN but not like that :nono:. My other issue is I can't stand mixing stuff up if I can avoid it.

So, I just started drinking this ready-made protein drink. It has 14g of protein per scoop and with the 7g from Silk (soy milk), I'm up to 21g per day...that's HUGE for me. And the taste, the taste, the taste....nothing like the other protein drinks I've tried, all bland and chalky. It tastes like a dessert :drunk:! I'm in love... I hope that I remember to keep this up, I hate to find something good only to forget about it after a month or two. This is the second time I stumble upon this protein powder, so go figure.

nt-1985.gif

I love these protein drinks. I have both the canisters and I have the envelopes to carry with me when I'm traveling back/forth between my homes in Maryland and Florida. (It's easier to pack and no explanations needed to the Airline security .... :sekret: :lol:). The flavors are wonderful.

Making a smoothie with them and liquid egg whites is a real treat as well. :lick: The texture is nice and frothy and yum; it's like a fluffly milk shake. :yep:

:happydance: Love being an egglette :lol:

:lol:

Egglettes, you are too funny with this 'extra' hair growth. :lol:

Bronze, guess what? I can't take MSM.... :nono: I never understood it, because of all of it's wonderful benefits. Off and On I've tried to incorporate MSM into my diet, but it doesn't work for me.

First, it weakens my nails (they become thin and they break very easily).

Then my hair begins to weaken and I have to stop taking the MSM.

I recently was having soreness with my right ankle (gym related) and I was taking a supplement called Bio Flex and it has MSM in it. About a week into taking the Bio Flex, I noticed my nails weakening and then my hair started to feel brittle. I realized what it was; the MSM in the Bio Flex.

It's strange, but I'm one of the ones who can't take MSM. I wonder if anyone else has had this experience?

Any hoo, your Thread really saved my hair and nails, along with my use of Mega Tek and Ovation. I just wanted to thank you for helping me to become an 'official' Bronze Egglette'. :bighug:

You regime really works for healthy hair.

{smooches} Right back at ya', Shimmie :bighug:. I think you may make an Ovation Princess out of me, yet. Girl, your hair is lookin' scrumptious! You're the bestest!

Oh yea. I think the shake is helping me in regards to making sure I watch what I eat after drinking it (Dont want any EXTRA calories), anyways it keeps me full for a while. I weighed myself this morning. YAY!! I lost 5 pds!!

Yaay! Sunbubbles dropped 5 pounds! That's impressive. So proud of you, Chica. Long hair and a great bod...sounds like a good combo. :yep:

I love these protein drinks. I have both the canisters and I have the envelopes to carry with me when I'm traveling back/forth between my homes in Maryland and Florida. (It's easier to pack and no explanations needed to the Airline security .... :sekret: :lol:). The flavors are wonderful.

Making a smoothie with them and liquid egg whites is a real treat as well. :lick: The texture is nice and frothy and yum; it's like a fluffly milk shake. :yep:

:happydance: Love being an egglette :lol:

They only have one non-sweetened flavor, oh well, too bad for me :look:. What flavor/s did you like?

>>> I like this brand. I had the low sugar banana flavor and it tasted so good. Almost like a banana smoothie with real bananas YUM !

I'll try the banana flavor later, when I add sugar back into my life. Me and sugar are not friends anymore cause it keeps breaking me out something fierce, dang :perplexed.

But, it's good to hear I'm not alone on this... I still can't get over how good this stuff tastes, my stars! I will be enjoying my shakes all the way to MBL...WL...and beyond. Well, let me not get carried away and outta control...:rolleyes:.

The price was right on time too, I paid $1.35 for the small trial/travel pack, but now that I know what it tastes like, I'm going back for the large can which I think is $18.

They only have one non-sweetened flavor, oh well, too bad for me :look:. What flavor/s did you like?

I'll try the banana flavor later, when I add sugar back into my life. Me and sugar are not friends anymore cause it keeps breaking me out something fierce, dang :perplexed.

But, it's good to hear I'm not alone on this... I still can't get over how good this stuff tastes, my stars! I will be enjoying my shakes all the way to MBL...WL...and beyond. Well, let me not get carried away and outta control...:rolleyes:.

The price was right on time too, I paid $1.35 for the small trial/travel pack, but now that I know what it tastes like, I'm going back for the large can which I think is $18.
I'm sorry about the 'sugar' :bighug:

I like mostly all of the flavors, but I tend to stay with the Vanilla because it's more versitile with the fruits and other items I add to them.

Welcome to our nest, Tigerlily, our newest Egglette!

You are a new Egglette, aren't you? :look:. I'm making sure I'm not missing anyone. :grin:.

Well, i decided to post pics of the growth I got between approx. Dec.28th and now. I have just taken out my weave and the cornrows are still in my hair. Greys and all :lachen: I tried to show close-ups of my hair stretched, unstretched, diff angles.

hopefully it works, if not I will edit and try again.

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 20
Lots of growth for sure. Good work. I'm trying my best to stick to bimonthly cornbraiding sessions for the rest of the school year. Either that or I'm gonna go back to individuals. I wish I would get over my wig phobia and just go for it...or my weave-phobia. I think a sew-in and the shake would change my hair's life. LOL!! I've just never been able to bite.

p1

D3, I'm so happy for you~ That's good growth, right there. Keep it up. Greys, what greys?

Well, i decided to post pics of the growth I got between approx. Dec.28th and now. I have just taken out my weave and the cornrows are still in my hair. Greys and all :lachen: I tried to show close-ups of my hair stretched, unstretched, diff angles.

Lots of growth for sure. Good work. I'm trying my best to stick to bimonthly cornbraiding sessions for the rest of the school year. Either that or I'm gonna go back to individuals. I wish I would get over my wig phobia and just go for it...or my weave-phobia. I think a sew-in and the shake would change my hair's life. LOL!! I've just never been able to bite.

p1
P1, I'm wig and weave-phobic, too. I wish I wasn't, because life would be so much easier for me...maybe we can wade the waters together....I keep saying I'll do it, but then I get cold feet.

I have also noticed a "forest" of hairgrowth on my "other" areas as well. Glad you ladies mentioned it first. I felt a little shy. My "happy" trail is off the chain! :spinning: So if these areas are showing significant signs of growth, then I'm optimistic and don't have to worry at all about the hair that really counts!

Hey, sister egglets! I haven't posted in a while, but I have definitely been keeping up with this thread. Looks like we're working thru the kinks, slowly and surely. So glad to see so much support for each other. Yesterday, I had my hair cocktail, but changed things up just a little bit. I tried the Jay Robb egg white protein powder (thanks to Shimmie):yep:!

Here's what I used:

1 scoop Jay Robb egg protein- for the aminos and the protein
1 Tbsp. Lethicin-provides vitamin K
1 cup rice milk- provides vitamin A, D, B
1/4 cup eggnog-just for flavor!!:drunk:
It was ummm...ummmmmm good!!!

Word of advice-check to see what food source in your cocktail your vitamins are coming from- I thought sure the protein powder had them (vitamins A,C,B, E) until I looked at the label!!:blush: Only nutrients, aminos and protein, so I knew I had to get my vitamins in me before the day was up, so...

separately later that day I had:
glass of orange juice-vitamin C
1 tbsp. EFA (essential fatty acids) -replaces the wheat germ oil-vitamin E

The drink was delicious, and I could feel it flushing thru my system right away. I will rotate between the Jay Robb, and the vanilla soy with spirulina for now. I am so appreciating and loving the benefits of this drink for my body and my hair. Yes, I've picked up a few pounds, but I know I've toned up so I'm felling smaller, since my clothes fit better. Gotta post some pics soon, (I'm so lazy:perplexed) but for right now, just sitting back and watching the magic happen!!!!
Drink up ladies, here's to us, and our future long locks!!!:guiness:

P1, I'm wig and weave-phobic, too. I wish I wasn't, because life would be so much easier for me...maybe we can wade the waters together....I keep saying I'll do it, but then I get cold feet.

Man, life would yield another 4-5 hours a week at least. :)

Ediese's thread has me reallllllly thinking about doing a sew-in for the summer. I think that thread will have a lot of Ediese hair twins poppin up. And I might be one of 'em. Maybe you and I need to have a Lose Your Weave/Wig Virginity thread. Funny, I've been clean like kojak and didn't bat an eye but the thought of a weave brings up all sorts of silliness for me. :nono:

p1

I have also noticed a "forest" of hairgrowth on my "other" areas as well. Glad you ladies mentioned it first. I felt a little shy. My "happy" trail is off the chain! :spinning: So if these areas are showing significant signs of growth, then I'm optimistic and don't have to worry at all about the hair that really counts!

Never thought about checking my other areas for new hair growth, I think I'm too old for that to happen now!! You all are so funny! You got me curious-off to see..

How in the world is there a whole page of new stuff?
I cannot read this tonight because I was working on my
paper. Now I don't want to read another thing tonite.
Stop talking. lol.

:lol: I know just what you mean. Earlier today we hit post # 2000 and I was like wow! And now we are at post #2033! :wow:

Hey, sister egglets! I haven't posted in a while, but I have definitely been keeping up with this thread. Looks like we're working thru the kinks, slowly and surely. So glad to see so much support for each other. Yesterday, I had my hair cocktail, but changed things up just a little bit. I tried the Jay Robb egg white protein powder (thanks to Shimmie):yep:!

Here's what I used:

1 scoop Jay Robb egg protein- for the aminos and the protein
1 Tbsp. Lethicin-provides vitamin K
1 cup rice milk- provides vitamin A, D, B
1/4 cup eggnog-just for flavor!!:drunk:
It was ummm...ummmmmm good!!!

Word of advice-check to see what food source in your cocktail your vitamins are coming from- I thought sure the protein powder had them (vitamins A,C,B, E) until I looked at the label!!:blush: Only nutrients, aminos and protein, so I knew I had to get my vitamins in me before the day was up, so...

separately later that day I had:
glass of orange juice-vitamin C
1 tbsp. EFA (essential fatty acids) -replaces the wheat germ oil-vitamin E

The drink was delicious, and I could feel it flushing thru my system right away. I will rotate between the Jay Robb, and the vanilla soy with spirulina for now. I am so appreciating and loving the benefits of this drink for my body and my hair. Yes, I've picked up a few pounds, but I know I've toned up so I'm felling smaller, since my clothes fit better. Gotta post some pics soon, (I'm so lazy:perplexed) but for right now, just sitting back and watching the magic happen!!!!
Drink up ladies, here's to us, and our future long locks!!!:guiness:
:yay: Yayyyy, I'm glad you got the Jay Robb Egg White Powder... I love his products and his advice.

Your cocktail sounds yummie. I never thought about adding egg nog. Hmmmmmm, think I'll try it this weekend.

Blessings to you and your health all around. I'm so thankful for this thread, it really put the health and shine back into my hair and into my life.

From now on i am only drinking the yolk of the egg, It has way more nutrients than the white. The only thing that the white has that the yolk hasn't got is riboflavin and avidin, and avidin is harmful!
Hopefully i can separate them efficiently...

Morning!!! I had my shake this morning! I got my wheat germ oil yesterday, so I went on ahead and added that in. yay!!! So anyways heres my whole shake...

1/2 cup almond milk
2 TBS Ground Flaxseed
2 TBS Raw Wheat Germ
1 TBS Wheat germ oil
1 TBS molasses
1 raw egg
GRAND TOTAL: 530 CALORIES!!!

if I omit the molasses, and flaxseed. It'll only be 350 CALORIES.

Can anybody tell me exactly what flaxseed is good for again? as far as I know its good fiber, thats why I added it.

ETA: Im gonna be gettin me some cornrows today also. Then instead of taking them down ( my mom is getting married in 3 weeks) I might just get a net weave put over them!:grin: I got waaaaay to much breakage from this last blow dry session, and I need to trim!!! THIS is why I shouldnt be able to touch my hair!!! LOL

Last edited:
From now on i am only drinking the yolk of the egg, It has way more nutrients than the white. The only thing that the white has that the yolk hasn't got is riboflavin and avidin, and avidin is harmful!
Hopefully i can separate them efficiently...

..sure you can. Just crack the raw egg over your clean hand and allow the "whites" to slip through you fingers down the drain. What remains in your hand is just the yolk. HTH.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!:yep:

..sure you can. Just crack the raw egg over your clean hand and allow the "whites" to slip through you fingers down the drain. What remains in your hand is just the yolk. HTH.
there is also a little gadget that looks like a spoon with a ring around it that you can get from places like bed bath and beyond that does this perfectly. leave it to inspectress gadget to know:yep::yep:

Back