*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Thanks Puffy for looking out! $10 in savings is always appreciated.

Essensual, you are definitely shoulder length. That is awesome. Great job!!! I know you are happy for that much progress in a month. Shut it down!!! Woop-Woop!

Can you post the link to the other thread? I haven't seen it. TIA!
Seems like inquiring minds want to know how The Egglettes are doing, eh?

Yep, Lux in Musica, that's why I try to keep my cocktail basic, that way I can keep consistent. I'm challenged in that area~so I really only go with what is absolutely necessary so I'll know what's working for me or against me.

Here it is . . . I was curious too! :)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=332609&highlight=

^Weaveologist that's great news. I'm slimming down, too. I am sooo happy about that. I think it's a good idea to stick to the original recipe as far as this goes, too. I haven't deviated very much and it is showing all over my body.

Yes ma'am. You are so correct. The closer I stay to the ingredients and the directions, the better I feel. I was like a jack rabbit yesterday. My friend was like "Why does you leg keep bouncing?"...lol...I was just ready. Didn't know for what, but I was ready for it! LOL!

I'm staying in hiding.

I popped in there, but I explained that many of us agreed to reveal around April or May....was I correct?

I guess this explains why this thread has over 100,000 views....

I realize now, that I get off my cocktail on the weekend...we almost always do a big breakfast :lick: and I'm not wanting to supersize those calories, uh uh no way.

so for the ladies that are adding msm to your shake, how many grams? i believe my hair growth has slowed some. last month i was adding 3000g in powder form to the shake and then before bed i would take another 3000g in tablet form. i used up all of the tablets and have only been doing the 3000g in powder form for my shake. this month i don't have as much growth. just wanted to know what's the average amount you are adding to your shake. tia

I've stopped with the shake for a while, just to let my body readjust without soy and lose a few pounds. I've already noticed a difference in weight. Can't deny that there was a difference with my hair. My hair did grow faster and had a nice shine to it, but the weight was not hot at all. Maybe I'll continue it in the future.

I haven't added any MSM to my shake, but I was taking 2,000g with the shake (and another 2,000g at night) before I went back to the basics. Now I take 2,000g in tablet form a few hours before I have the shake.

I don't know about the hair on my head, but after a week of drinking a protein shake with extra egg, I definitely had to shave my underarms and legs. I can definitely say that my bidy hair is growing extremely fast.

Hey ladies!
I just joined LHCF today but I've been lurking for a while. I just wanted to say a big thank you to Br*nze for starting this thread. Thanks to you, I am going to start a new hair regimen and finally take care of my tresses. My day will include:

For breakfast:
1 organic egg
3/4 cup of Organic Vanilla Soy Milk
Wheat Germ oil
Sprinkle of Cinnamon

For lunch:
1 scoop of Soy protein powder
Mango juice

For dinner:
Whatever's in the house :grin:

I'm also incorporating an ayurvedic system externally. I had my BC in Nov 08, shoulder length, weak, thin texturized hair became one inch of thick, brittle, 4z natural hair. I'm giving myself 3 years to grow about 12" of natural hair. I'm currently wearing kinky twists as a protective style and will update in one year. 2010, here I come!

Thanks again Br*nze and all you wonderful ladies with your great advice and recipes.

CV

Welcome CosmicVisitor, you won't regret your decision....A New Egglette has arrived! Let's give CosmicVisitor a warm Waistlength Salute!!!

Hey ladies!
I just joined LHCF today but I've been lurking for a while. I just wanted to say a big thank you to Br*nze for starting this thread. Thanks to you, I am going to start a new hair regimen and finally take care of my tresses. My day will include:

For breakfast:
1 organic egg
Wheat Germ oil
Sprinkle of Cinnamon

For lunch:
Mango juice

For dinner:

I'm also incorporating an ayurvedic system externally. I had my BC in Nov 08, shoulder length, weak, thin texturized hair became one inch of thick, brittle, 4z natural hair. I'm giving myself 3 years to grow about 12" of natural hair. I'm currently wearing kinky twists as a protective style and will update in one year. 2010, here I come!

Thanks again Br*nze and all you wonderful ladies with your great advice and recipes.

CV

Men use to drink raw eggs all the time and when I was younger I did it too with my father. when you add nutmeg and cin to it you don't even taste the egg, you blend it up before you drink it. I think we added milk too. but I know you could not taste the egg.

I've stopped with the shake for a while,:blush: Thine, too Peppers01! just to let my body readjust without soy and lose a few pounds. I feel ya on that one. I've already noticed a difference in weight. Can't deny that there was a difference with my hair. My hair did grow faster and had a nice shine to it, but the weight was not hot at all. Maybe Come back, Peppers01, Come back! I'll continue it in the future.

I'm sure you are making a good decision. Let me know what aids you with weightloss, because I'm always looking for helpful hints.

Keep in touch, Chica, and I'm sure you'll find the right "mix" for you. Just don't stay away too long. I don't want to put an APB out on you. LOL! {xoxox} I still want my QW, too!!!:grin:

complexsimplicity ~ When I was drinking the shake I added 2g of MSM and towards the end I went up 1g for a total of 3g. I didn't taste it at all.

Welcome CosmicVisitor!

I don't know about the hair on my head, but after a week of drinking a protein shake with extra egg, I definitely had to shave my underarms and legs. I can definitely say that my bidy hair is growing extremely fast.

I can certainly attest to this. I have definitely had to keep up on the *ahem* landscaping, if you will...:lachen::lachen::lachen:

CS,

I was originally taking 1000mg MSM with the shake, but last week increased to 2000mg. HTH.

And a warm welcome to CosmicVisitor. So happy this thread was one of your first posts. LHCF is the bomb...I love this forum.:rolleyes:

hey ladies, i'm still an Egglette although I had a few days off bc of the weekend and running out of eggs :lachen:. I'm going to pick up more supplies today. I'm drinking a lower carb version of the drink bc i am fighting to lose this pregnancy weight but the main ingredients are still there. I have a weave in that was done approx. Dec.28th and when i stretch the cornrow underneath i measure about an inch of growth. I'm taking my hair out today or tomorrow and I do have pictures I took before the weave. My hair is natural and i plan to relax in approx.6 months:yep:.

hey ladies, i'm still an Egglette although I had a few days off bc of the weekend and running out of eggs :lachen:. I'm going to pick up more supplies today. I'm drinking a lower carb version of the drink bc i am fighting to lose this pregnancy weight but the main ingredients are still there. I have a weave in that was done approx. Dec.28th and when i stretch the cornrow underneath i measure about an inch of growth. I'm taking my hair out today or tomorrow and I do have pictures I took before the weave. My hair is natural and i plan to relax in approx.6 months:yep:.

Hey there... I am a low carber myself and always looking for new recipes. Can you share your low carb shake recipe? Thanks in advance, - Star

Merry Monday! Lol Just checking in. I had my cocktail on sat, but not on sunday. Ive got the flu really bad so the only thing I could stomach was Orange Juice. But Im starting it back up today!

ETA: Even tho I felt like POO yesterday, it was absolutely unavoidable that I detangle and wash my hair. So I did that
and then I blew it out.................3 1/2 hours!!!! :wallbash:
and alot of broken hairs from the blow out. Ok thats my vent.

Last edited:
Hello,
Welcome to the club.

Hey ladies!

For breakfast:
1 organic egg
Wheat Germ oil
Sprinkle of Cinnamon

For lunch:
Mango juice

For dinner:

CV

I too have had to step up my waxing game....I swear I'm sprouting grass all over my body, lol! I tried MSM in my cocktail once, and it made me gag so I never did it again. Sorry, I have no advice, CS.

Sunbubbles, sorry for your hair episode. With your cocktail, it'll come back in spades, so don't even get upset.

Okay, ladies, it was hard for me to drag myself out of bed, so I almost missed my cocktail, but then I remembered, I was off for the weekend, so I headed straight for my fridge. It went down smooth and quick, just the way I like it.

Have a blessed week, Egglettes!

Hey there... I am a low carber myself and always looking for new recipes. Can you share your low carb shake recipe? Thanks in advance, - Star

Hey Star, i have substituted my soya milk with table cream or heavy whipping cream. Sometimes I put half the soya milk and half whipping cream. The whipping cream has 0% carbs vs. the table cream that has 1 gram per tablespoon. I am trying to keep my carb count under 20 carbs to shed fat (this is what I have done in the past). I figure, the raw wheat germ has carbs I can't avoid so i cut it somewhere else. The bonus to low carbing is that i don't have to worry about the calorie count or fat content so i get lots of protein in my drink. It doesn't taste bad though...more like eggnog. I use:
cream, 3 eggs, raw wheat germ, flaxseed oil, about a capful of vanilla, nutmeg and banana extract and 1 or 2 splenda packets. i also take wheatgerm capsules.

UPDATE ON GROWTH: I cut the weave off (but didn't take the cornrows out because i'm getting a lacefront tomorrow and my friend told me to keep my hair braided to try it on so i can see the true fit of the lacefront with flat hair....she has one and I'm sold! ) and was able to SEE how much growth i got vs. pulling the cornrow and measuring underneath the weave. First of all, my roots are pretty...very thick with a nice wavy curl. I stretched the cornrow over and measured and wow!!!!!!! Over 1 inch of growth:grin::grin::drunk::spinning: it's 1 inch and 1/4 growth!!!!! This doesn't sound that great but i normally i get about 1/4 to 1/2 inch a month...i have some slowwwwwww growing hair. And to boot, I didn't drink the shake everyday like i should. When I take my cornrows out I should really be able to tell by the size of my afro.

Last edited:
Hey Star, i have substituted my soya milk with table cream or heavy whipping cream. Sometimes I put half the soya milk and half whipping cream. The whipping cream has 0% carbs vs. the table cream that has 1 gram per tablespoon. I am trying to keep my carb count under 20 carbs to shed fat (this is what I have done in the past). I figure, the raw wheat germ has carbs I can't avoid so i cut it somewhere else. The bonus to low carbing is that i don't have to worry about the calorie count or fat content so i get lots of protein in my drink. It doesn't taste bad though...more like eggnog. I use:
cream, 3 eggs, raw wheat germ, flaxseed oil, about a capful of vanilla, nutmeg and banana extract and 1 or 2 splenda packets. i also take wheatgerm capsules.

UPDATE ON GROWTH: I cut the weave off (but didn't take the cornrows out because i'm getting a lacefront tomorrow and my friend told me to keep my hair braided to try it on so i can see the true fit of the lacefront with flat hair....she has one and I'm sold! ) and was able to SEE how much growth i got vs. pulling the cornrow and measuring underneath the weave. First of all, my roots are pretty...very thick with a nice wavy curl. I stretched the cornrow over and measured and wow!!!!!!! Over 1 inch of growth:grin::grin::drunk::spinning: it's 1 inch and 1/4 growth!!!!! This doesn't sound that great but i normally i get about 1/4 to 1/2 inch a month...i have some slowwwwwww growing hair. And to boot, I didn't drink the shake everyday like i should. When I take my cornrows out I should really be able to tell by the size of my afro.

>>>> Thanks so much for responding. I am just now seeing your note about the wheat germ. I brought a bag of raw wheat germ from whole foods. There are 14 carbs in 1/4 cup and there is 4 grams of fiber. I hope this helps ya out. I like your recipe, it's low in sugar and that's what I am after. Much appreciated :)

Hey Eggletts,
Just dropping in to say hey!! I've missed my shake this weekend but I'm back on it today. I added MSM today and it was a MESS, but I got through it. Lawd help me!!!!! I'm so excited to see my progress but I still have my weave and it will be a while. I just wanted to stop in and say hello. Happy Hair Growing!!!

>>>> Thanks so much for responding. I am just now seeing your note about the wheat germ. I brought a bag of raw wheat germ from whole foods. There are 14 carbs in 1/4 cup and there is 4 grams of fiber. I hope this helps ya out. I like your recipe, it's low in sugar and that's what I am after. Much appreciated :)

Thanks for the carb count. Do you know how much carbs per tablespoon? I use 2 tablespoons. Thanks!!

Thanks for the carb count. Do you know how much carbs per tablespoon? I use 2 tablespoons. Thanks!!

>>> There are 4 tablespoons in a 1/4cup and I am also using 2 tablespoons, so I am counting 7 carbs. Like you, my goal is to stay below 20 carbs per day...but thats a problem when I am using 7 for the shake... but I am going to work it out somehow.

hi everyone. checking in. i had my shake but, forgot my wheatgerm. boo! 3/4 cup soy milk 1 teaspoon spirulina, 1 teaspoon wheatgrass, 1 egg. I am not hungry at all. usually after a 60 minute run, by the afternoon i am sooo hungry.

>>> There are 4 tablespoons in a 1/4cup and I am also using 2 tablespoons, so I am counting 7 carbs. Like you, my goal is to stay below 20 carbs per day...but thats a problem when I am using 7 for the shake... but I am going to work it out somehow.

wow, THANK-YOU!!!!!!! I am sooooooo bad at conversions LOL 7 carbs, that is alot. Good to know though. I have to add 2 carbs for the splenda packets. This is manageable though, now I have a more accurate count.

All I can say is, "Whoa!" That's almost 3 times faster than your normal growth, right? :spinning: I feel faint. I'm jealous and happy for you all at the same time. Fantasmical. That's all I can say. Fantasmical.

Hey Eggletts,
Just dropping in to say hey!! I've missed my shake this weekend but I'm back on it today. I added MSM today and it was a MESS, I don't know how you can hang, I really could not stomach it. but I got through it. Lawd help me!!!!! I'm so excited to see my progress but I still have my weave and it will be a while. I just wanted to stop in and say hello. Happy Hair Growing!!!
HHG, to you too, Egglette. I'm feeling icky, so many students got the crud, I didn't take my vitamin c, and now I wanna go home :sad:.

hi everyone. checking in. i had my shake but, forgot my wheatgerm. boo! 3/4 cup soy milk 1 teaspoon spirulina, 1 teaspoon wheatgrass, 1 egg. I am not hungry at all. usually after a 60 minute run, by the afternoon i am sooo hungry.
I usually get ravenously hungry at noon. Which is good, because I know my cocktail is revving up my metabolism, which needs a good jolt. But after drinking the cocktail, i can't smell or look at food. A friend brought all kinds of pastries to our house, like an overload of stuff, and I had VERY LITTLE desire to sample. Not EVEN the CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE - which is a miracle, truly. I love this cocktail!

Back