*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
I'm losing weight/ inches and I'm not altering my eating plan very much, either. I think it depends on the amount of wheat germ consumed per day, (am I right, CMPerez?)...the recipe called for 2 tblspns I don't think that's enough to bulk-up, but I'll look into it...I haven't gained any since i stopped adding whey protein to my shake (when I deviated from the original recipe). This cocktail actually seems to crave my taste for sweets and junk food. I'm making better food choices as a result. I'm not even TRYING to do this. It's effortless. Sweets taste tooo sweet. Greasy tastes toooo greasy, etc.

Whenever you add protein to your diet, your muscles become heavier than your fat, which accounts for weight gain. If you drink a Slimfast shake and then eat everything in sight (like i've done in the past, drinking it like soda) you will gain weight, not lose it. This drink is a meal replacement. And you should probably see your tastebuds making better food choices for you, without you even thinking about it...that's why so many have stated that this is helping them to eat healthier and begin exercise programs.

I'm hoping/striving/praying to lose weight, and I don't see this hindering my progress in anyway. Now, keep in mind, when you start adding different ingredients to this cocktail, don't be surprised if you get different results. I did. I got caught-up and decided to add whey protein (I never did this before) and I GAINED weight, my clothes were getting too tight. Now I'm actually releasing those pounds and today I found my clothes fit looser. Yippee!

Thanks Bronze!

I haven't been adding anything but a banana and I use the EFA oil. But, I will be switching to the wheat germ toil. I'm not sure what would cause weight gain as the calories for 2 tbs of raw wheat germ isn't that much. I know protein adds bulk, but the eggs I use is only about 6 grams of protein. I haven't checked to see how many grams of protein. Actually I think I'm not getting enough protein. I used to drink the low carb slim fast shakes and never gained weight and I think that alone was about 24 grams of protein. I'm going to keep monitoring to see what happens. I have found that the shake has curbed my sweet tooth some, so I'm grateful for that. I also don't get hungry during the day either.

Thanks Bronze!

I haven't been adding anything but a banana I luv banana, too and I use the EFA oil. But, I will be switching to the wheat germ toil. I'm not sure what would cause weight gain as the calories for 2 tbs of raw wheat germ isn't that much. I know protein adds bulk, but the eggs I use is only about 6 grams of protein. I haven't checked to see how many grams of protein. Actually I think I'm not getting enough protein. I used to drink the low carb slim fast shakes and never gained weight and I think that alone was about 24 grams of protein. I'm going to keep monitoring to see what happens. I have found that the shake has curbed my sweet tooth some, so I'm grateful for that. I also don't get hungry during the day either.

It sounds like you're on the path to NOT gain weight, so I think you're good to go. I did pull up info on wheat germ and it's like you have to eat it all day long and then it'll bulk you up, so I think it's just based on individual's physiological make-up. It is puzzling, but I think taking a look at other foods consumed during the day may help. I know I kicked out that whey protein and I'm good to go, now. Whew! That was not nice.:nono:

So I'll definitely keep taking my wheat germ...yaaay! Waistlength here I come!!!

Last edited:
I need to know where to get egg white powder from. Since our little soy discussions earlier, I have been researching all the ingredients I have been adding to my shake and it says that raw eggs block biotin in the body. Damn my shake is going to be an ever-changing recipe.

You have to consume like, 30 raw eggs to bind biotin in the body. We discussed this earlier in the thread. You won't have to change this part of your cocktail, at least...dig a little further, you'll find research to support this. :yep:

I need to know where to get egg white powder from. Since our little soy discussions earlier, I have been researching all the ingredients I have been adding to my shake and it says that raw eggs block biotin in the body. Damn my shake is going to be an ever-changing recipe.

Check back a few pages on this thread. PuffyBrown posted a link for the place where she buys her powered eggs online.:yep:

Jay Robb has a really good product for powdered egg whites. It's a little pricey, but it's a really good product. :yep:

Scroll down this page and you see the product for powdered egg whites. He even has flavors. :lick: :yep:

http://www.jayrobb.com/products.asp

Added Bonuses: (Yes.... I'm love this website :yep: ) :lol:

He has free ground shipping for orders over $25, which is easy to acquire in your shopping basket. :lol:

His site has great WEIGHT LOSS :lol: with protein information. :yep: This may help some of the ladies who have experienced weight gain.

His has some pretty good articles: :yep:

These are from his article page. Hope the links and the information works for you. :yep: I have always been blessed by this man's information and products.

Main Page: http://www.jayrobb.com/articlesByJay.asp

Articles Listed:
Carbohydrate / Diet Related
Holiday Eating / Special Occasions
Benefits of Essential Fatty Acids
Once more Jay Robb Bonus: A free downloadable E booklet for weight secrets and protein. I like the information inside. :yep:

http://www.jayrobb.com/eNewsletter.asp

The Vitamin Shoppe also has a variety of powdered egg proteins.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/en/query.jsp?q=Powdered+Egg+Whites&intsource2=main

Enjoy :giveheart:

Hi Shimmie,

So, if I'm trying to lose weight, should I not be drinking this shake? I'm still not clear on what could be causing the weight gain from this shake.

I have two theories here:

Protein feeds muscle, naturally. It could be muscle weight, not fat weight. How are your clothes fitting you and do you look as if you have gained weight?

Also, one of our posters above just confirmed that she researched that wheat germ is used for those who wish to gain weight. This confirms a 'thought' or 'guess' that I had.

I truly think it's the wheat germ its self. OR it's your muscles. When I 'up' my protein this happens to me a lot, but I'm still getting smaller, the scale says I'm heavier, but my clothing is looser on me.

I do know that taking the extra Vitamin C and E helps a lot. Also, when taking these protein shakes, we have to use up the energy with resistance exercises. Not a lot and not with heavy weights, but some type of resistance to burn off the weight.

Walking on the treadmill at an 'incline' is good. The leg press; stepper. At home, exercises like Pilates, Callenectics, Lotte Berk, Ballet Warm ups, etc. Whatever gives your body 'resistance'. And just relax with the exercises, don't force them or do them too long or you'll give up.

You'll be okay. We'll fix the weight gain. :yep: God is on our side. :pray: :giveheart:

I have two theories here:

Protein feeds muscle, naturally. It could be muscle weight, not fat weight. How are your clothes fitting you and do you look as if you have gained weight?

Also, one of our posters above just confirmed that she researched that wheat germ is used for those who wish to gain weight. This confirms a 'thought' or 'guess' that I had.

I truly think it's the wheat germ its self. OR it's your muscles. When I 'up' my protein this happens to me a lot, but I'm still getting smaller, the scale says I'm heavier, but my clothing is looser on me.

I do know that taking the extra Vitamin C and E helps a lot. Also, when taking these protein shakes, we have to use up the energy with resistance exercises. Not a lot and not with heavy weights, but some type of resistance to burn off the weight.

Walking on the treadmill at an 'incline' is good. The leg press; stepper. At home, exercises like Pilates, Callenectics, Lotte Berk, Ballet Warm ups, etc. Whatever gives your body 'resistance'. And just relax with the exercises, don't force them or do them too long or you'll give up.

You'll be okay. We'll fix the weight gain. :yep: God is on our side. :pray: :giveheart:

Thanks Shimmie!

I'm not gaining weight, but weight wasn't moving until this morning. I got on the scale this morning and I'm 1lb lighter. It may have something to do with me drinking ACV and water mixed once or twice during the day before a meal.

Actually my clothes have been fitting a little differently and my body looks different. I'll keep going with the shake and add wheat germ oil (since that's a good source of Vitamin E from what I've read here).

Morning, Egglettes~ Almost missed my cocktail, but I got it in~ Have a great one!

Also, thanks Shimmie for all those great tips and links. I will be sure to research.

RE: Wheat Germ;

To gain weight from wheat germ, one must consume wheat germ all day long, eat a bowl full as cereal, add it to everything they eat and use as a snack, per the resources I found yesterday. Adding 2 tblspns to your cocktail will keep you well within limits of NOT gaining weight. Blessings!

Good Morning All!!

Well I took the plunge this morning and had the cocktail..............It was great!:grin: I kept thinking I was gonna upchuck but nope! I kept trying to smack my lips to see If I could taste the egg. I even licked the spoon!:lachen: Tasted like slightly sweet malty oatmeal almost. Had a slight nutty flavor. I guess because of the almond milk. Here's what I used....

1/2 cup Almond Milk Vanilla ( I didnt think Id be able to gulp a whole cup at once)
2 TBS Ground Flaxseed
2 TBS Raw Wheat Germ
1 Raw Egg (cage free-grain fed)
1 TBS Molasses

I Couldn't find the wheat germ oil so Ill just have to start adding it when I get some. Id like to try it with some coconut milk and pineapple too. Kinda like a healthy Pina Colada................. mmmmmmmm ggggrrrgggghhggaaa ( HOMER SIMPSON VOICE:lachen:)

The molasses gave it a malty flavor.yyyyyyuuuuummmmm! :lick:
I didnt taste the egg AT ALL! Heres the *WATCH OUT* side..........

GRAND TOTAL= 410 CALORIES!!:ohwell:
Ladies this drink is DEFINATELY a meal substitute. I can see myself gaining weight BIG TIME if I had this in the morning and continued to eat the way I regularly do. ESPECIALLY if I call myself having 2/day yikes!!:perplexed. That would be 820 calories just in 2 shakes! and thats only with 1 egg each and still without the WHEAT GERM OIL!! 1 TBS of Wheat germ oil is about 120 calories
so 1 shake with the oil is 530 CALORIES!!!!!! If you have a shake with 2 eggs thats 600!!!
and none of this is including fruit( I cant wait to get some good mangos, thats gonna be yummy) Imagine drinking 2 shakes/day at 600 calories each. Thats 1200, then if you continue to eat the same way, which for me is about 2000 calories/ day ( yea im greedy SO WHAT!!!) Thats 3200 calories/day ID BE HUGE!!! ............

OK RANT OVER. lol

So maybe my drinking this will help me watch what Im eating more, cause I am NOT in a position to be gaining weight right now. Im trying to lose it!!!

I also felt VERY full! So in conjunction with this mix Im gonna be eating better and exercising. Lets see where that goes.
6 month check in date: JULY 09 BABAY!!

SIDE NOTE: Anybody gonna contribute to the "Sunbubbles needs some M-T-G,coconut oil, other random Deep Conditioners and organic eggs for a year fund!!???"

Last edited:
Hey Ladies. I'm just checking in. I was away for a few days over the weekend, so I missed my cocktail. Had one yesterday and about to get on it right now. Hope everything is well for everyone. I need to catch up on my reading in this thread.

Blessings today!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
Good Morning All!!

Well I took the plunge this morning and had the cocktail..............It was great!:grin: I kept thinking I was gonna upchuck but nope! I kept trying to smack my lips to see If I could taste the egg. I even licked the spoon!:lachen: Tasted like slightly sweet malty oatmeal almost. Had a slight nutty flavor. I guess because of the almond milk. Here's what I used....

1/2 cup Almond Milk Vanilla ( I didnt think Id be able to gulp a whole cup at once)
2 TBS Ground Flaxseed
2 TBS Raw Wheat Germ
1 Raw Egg (cage free-grain fed)
1 TBS Molasses

I Couldn't find the wheat germ oil so Ill just have to start adding it when I get some. Id like to try it with some coconut milk and pineapple too. Kinda like a healthy Pina Colada................. mmmmmmmm ggggrrrgggghhggaaa ( HOMER SIMPSON VOICE:lachen:)

The molasses gave it a malty flavor.yyyyyyuuuuummmmm! :lick:
I didnt taste the egg AT ALL! Heres the *WATCH OUT* side..........

GRAND TOTAL= 410 CALORIES!!:ohwell:
Ladies this drink is DEFINATELY a meal substitute. I can see myself gaining weight BIG TIME if I had this in the morning and continued to eat the way I regularly do. ESPECIALLY if I call myself having 2/day yikes!!:perplexed. That would be 820 calories just in 2 shakes! and thats only with 1 egg each and still without the WHEAT GERM OIL!! 1 TBS of Wheat germ oil is about 120 calories
so 1 shake with the oil is 530 CALORIES!!!!!! If you have a shake with 2 eggs thats 600!!!
and none of this is including fruit( I cant wait to get some good mangos, thats gonna be yummy) Imagine drinking 2 shakes/day at 600 calories each. Thats 1200, then if you continue to eat the same way, which for me is about 2000 calories/ day ( yea im greedy SO WHAT!!!) Thats 3200 calories/day ID BE HUGE!!! ............

OK RANT OVER. lol

So maybe my drinking this will help me watch what Im eating more, cause I am NOT in a position to be gaining weight right now. Im trying to lose it!!!

I also felt VERY full! So in conjunction with this mix Im gonna be eating better and exercising. Lets see where that goes.
6 month check in date: JULY 09 BABAY!!

SIDE NOTE: Anybody gonna contribute to the "Sunbubbles needs some M-T-G,coconut oil, other random Deep Conditioners and organic eggs for a year fund!!???"

>>>>Girl, we both need one~

"Give to the United Sunbubbles and Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll Fund, because not growing waistlength hair is a terrible thing to waste."

Hey Ladies. I'm just checking in. I was away for a few days over the weekend, so I missed my cocktail. Had one yesterday and about to get on it right now. Hope everything is well for everyone. I need to catch up on my reading in this thread.

Blessings today!
Missed you, Tallnomad, we've covered alot in the last few days...wheat germ, weight gain, soymilk, etc....have things gone well with you? Glad you're back on your cocktail. :yep:

Thank you Bronze! Again, I just want to thank you SO much for sharing and for always giving good advice! And, I think I've caught up on my reading! :)

I think I'm going to finish up the rest of my almond milk and then switch over to hemp milk. Hemp milk is super delicious--a bit pricey, but very creamy and protein rich. I really try to avoid soy for many of the reasons that were posted--high estrogen, etc. I noticed that a soy byproduct is an ingredient in the almond milk that I drink . . . so my goal is to do more hemp.

Missed you, Tallnomad, we've covered alot in the last few days...wheat germ, weight gain, soymilk, etc....have things gone well with you? Glad you're back on your cocktail. :yep:

I'm actually listening to my body. Remember when I came on talking about "YAY my period was only three days!"? Well, what other product cause shorter, lighter periods? birth control pills. And what do they contain? estrogen. So I don't doubt that there are good effects from eating soy-based foods, but based on my experience there are couple of bad effects.

I, like Monarae, have experienced some weight-gain. I've cut down eating beyond the shake, and I'm still putting on weight. Just this morning, I was looking closely at what I was putting my shake that contained soy. It end up being the hair thickening shake, the multi-vitamin powder, and the soy milk. That may be too much soy.

But Bronze I'm not giving up! I'm just gonna drop all soy-based products from my shake and try to find powdered egg whites. It's just not fun getting fat, and I'm already a DD, and the boobies have gotten a little bigger, and that's a big no no.

My GF asked me if my boobs are getting bigger and I almost fell out...NO WAY I cannot take bigger boobs I am already a DD too and I cant imagine after I have kids the size will go up!

Also I am still scared that some reports show raw egg white removes biotin so I did a search and if I knew how to post the article I would but it said that when eating a raw egg you need to consume at least 5000mg of biotin to level out and keep the needed amount of biotin in your body. So I am just removing the egg white and putting the egg yolk in my shake to be on the safe side!

Had one this morning with Chocolate soymilk and peanut butter. The weight loss can come and go with me. I know where it'll land...where they like it. LOL!! However, if it is a concern I would definitely use the lightest base (a low-fat milk) and make it breakfast. Period. Follow it a few hours later with fresh fruit and green tea if you need a snack. Have a salad for lunch, etc.

I hope this helps.
p1

Hey Egglettes, Hope y'all are having a great day~

Miss ya, Puffy, hurry up and finish them classes, LOL!

I luv the idea of chocolate and peanut butter, yum! Patient1, you are very creative. Wow, that sounds good.

Acooks143, your girls may not get much bigger, I know of some whose boobs went down after they had babes, so don't be afraid. I'm sure you can rock DDDs. lol! I say that because then you'd be knockin' at my door. LOL!

I don't think my girls got bigger but I do believe they are perkie! I keep catching women (straight women) sneaking a peak!

Good morning Egglettes, missed my cocktail...boo hoo. No prob, I'll catch-up tonight. I'll take a tylenol pm to help me sleep. LOL!

GSista, where are you?

Yup! I drank my smoothie up with a big slurp this morning! I also was rushin and didnt really mix it up that good. So when I drank it, the egg wasnt broke. But its all good! I still didnt taste a thing!

ETA: Ok so heres my reggie, my EGGLET Cocktail in the morning, biotin supp late afternoon, and my acai berry powder in the late afternoon/evening. ( I had already been doing my acai berry )
ACAI BERRY IS THA BOMB YALL!!!

Last edited:
Good looking out Bronze.
This class is truely getting on my nerves.
There is one week left and I am so glad.
Hold on to your seats though, my next class is
finance related as well. This is the 3rd dang one.
Fortunately I only have 5 classess left and I am
so glad!

I have been maintaining my shake but slacking on the vitamins. The are sitting right here beside me and I have yet to open a bottle. Now I got to rebuild it
in my system again.

I saw some of the post from earlier, I am just glad that everyone is still on board. It has been a positive environment so far. I hope it stays that way.

Hey Egglettes, Hope y'all are having a great day~

Miss ya, Puffy, hurry up and finish them classes, LOL!

I luv the idea of chocolate and peanut butter, yum! Patient1, you are very creative. Wow, that sounds good.

Acooks143, your girls may not get much bigger, I know of some whose boobs went down after they had babes, so don't be afraid. I'm sure you can rock DDDs. lol! I say that because then you'd be knockin' at my door. LOL!

Good morning Egglettes, missed my cocktail...boo hoo. No prob, I'll catch-up tonight. I'll take a tylenol pm to help me sleep. LOL!

GSista, where are you?

Hi Bronze I'm right here. I had a bad day. I had to train early this morning about 10. I drank my shake on the train and when I got to practice I was feeling alittle sluggish and when I did my warmups I felt the same way. So halfway thru my actual workout I threwup everything. Well I ran to the bathroom. All I could think was "my shake, my protein all gone!". Then I thought that apart from it being a very rigourous workout it may have been because I made the shake the night before and let it sit in the fridge till morning. Idk, all I know is that if I do another morning workout I am not drinking the shake until after. Apart from that everything from the kness down hurt and I feel I like if anyone or anything hits my shins I'll die from the pain and go melting into the floor.

FYI everybody my shake is one scoop 25g soy protein powder to 8oz soy milk. I think I'm going to ditch the soy protein when it's done. It may be messing with my workouts. I feel so sluggish for some reason and I can't think of anything else.

Oh wowzers!
I hope that doesn't happen again!
The author of the book does say don't let
the drink sit. You are correct when you say
that you should drink it after the workout.
That would be a great way to feed your muscles
after a workout. Really, I think it would work better.
When I was working out vigorously I would do
a protein shake after my workout. I read that in
one of those muscle magazines. Worked for me.
You make me want to hit the gym. I am stuck
with working out at home because of my schedule
and school. You better believe that after I graduate
I will be hitting up somebody's gym.

Hi Bronze I'm right here. I had a bad day. I had to train early this morning about 10. I drank my shake on the train and when I got to practice I was feeling alittle sluggish and when I did my warmups I felt the same way. So halfway thru my actual workout I threwup everything. Well I ran to the bathroom. All I could think was "my shake, my protein all gone!". Then I thought that apart from it being a very rigourous workout it may have been because I made the shake the night before and let it sit in the fridge till morning. Idk, all I know is that if I do another morning workout I am not drinking the shake until after. Apart from that everything from the kness down hurt and I feel I like if anyone or anything hits my shins I'll die from the pain and go melting into the floor.

FYI everybody my shake is one scoop 25g soy protein powder to 8oz soy milk. I think I'm going to ditch the soy protein when it's done. It may be messing with my workouts. I feel so sluggish for some reason and I can't think of anything else.

Back