*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Finally Joining! Been eying this thread for the LONGEST, but thought I couldn't get the egg down. I did and I will do this for 3 months....if I get good results like u ladies--this is a keeper!

My 'egg drink'
1 egg white
4-8 oz of apple juice, cranberry juice, or soy milk
flaxseed oil
1 scoop of my powdered multi-vitamin

STARTING PIC:
100_1728-th.jpg

Ladies, I am glad to report that I tried the original recipe "hair smoothie" this morning with one cup of the Del Monte pineapples.

The result: Delicious! I didn't taste the raw egg;however, I did have somewhat of an unsettling taste in my mouth afterwards. This will not deter me from receiving all the benefits of this smoothie.

I need your help finding wheat germ oil. Whole foods nor GNC had it. Where are purchasing it? Please post a pic so I know what I'm looking for.

How long did you notice hair benefits? Skin benefits?

Happy Hair Growing,
DLove

I have been eyeing this thread for a while now like everyday seeing what results you guys were getting. I finally decided to try for my self on thursday and its actually pretty good. I add omega 369 oil from the vitamin shoppe, a banana, vanilla extract and cinnamon and I love it can't wait to see the results my hair feels really moisturized. Thanks ladies for all the tips!

Okay, I think I am almost ready to try this. I have been eyeing this thread for some time and just spent the last 1 1/2 reading post when I should be doing my errands. I am going to start on January 21 (I don't get my disability check until then) so I have time to buy all my ingredients unless I can convince one of my brothers to buy them for me. I wish continued hair growth for all who have been using this and new growth for us just joining.

I just want to say that I absolutely love this forum. I have learned so much and not all a/b hair either. This forum has taught me to live healthier overall. Today I self relaxed and it came out fabulous bc of learning a/b the half and half method. It really works!!!! I can now be completely free of salons. I never went to the salons anyway except for a touch up, now I don't have to. Learning a/b this shake has made me re-evaluate my eating habits. Now I'm all a/b being healthy. I even purchased some colon cleansing stuff. The benefits are amazing. I haven't received it yet but I'm sure I will be pleased. I definitely want to do this especially after learning a/b Eartha Kitt passing away from colon cancer a few days ago. May she rest in peace. I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!! :drunk:

I really glad this is working for you!

What the half and half method? I missed this one.

Ms.Lyons & silentdove13 you will not be sorry! The hardest part is getting past what you think the raw egg would taste like. After that its easy. And like was all boost around here "you don't even taste it" .

Welcome Ladies and all New comers!

Wow, so many new Egglettes~ Welcome, welcome, welcome!

This is probably the BeSt decision you will ever make for your hair and your body. Seriously. You all are in for wonderful surprises. It's great to read of our success, but wait until you reap the benefits for yourselves.

I'm sorry I missed you guys yesterday, i was under the weather with a sore throat, ear infection, but i've bounced back really quickly...i think my daily cocktail has built up my immune system. I've been running myself ragged trying to be all things to everyone and it caught up with me. But, not for long, Thank God!

^^^I'll post a pix of raw wheat germ and where you can buy it, hon.

I appreciate all of your warm words, it's a great way to start the year off.

I had a really challenging year in '08 and i'm believing God that '09 will make up for all the heart break and disappointment I endured, I can say this, God got me through...so for all going through some challenges, just know, things will get better as long as you put your hand in God's and trust Him all the way.

I'm glad so many have stuck it out, we told ya the egg didn't taste badly:lick:, and so many more are on-board.

~*~Happy New Growth, Egglettes~*~

As i promised,

Brands A-Z > Bob's Red Mill

Magni.gif
Enlarge image
Bob's Red Mill, Natural Raw Wheat Germ, 16 oz (1 lb) 453 g

SRP: $2.45
Our price: $2.33
Savings of: $0.12(5.00 %)

TabsSep.gif
TabsSep.gif
Description
  • Friend of the Heart
  • The Heart of the Wheat Kernel
  • A Natural Source of Folic Acid
  • You Can See Our Quality!
  • All Natural
  • Kosher
Wheat Germ is the heart of the wheat berry. It has a delicious nutty flavor, and is packed with nutrition. For a scant 60 calories and one and a half grams of dietary fiber, thirteen percent of recommended daily value of folic acid, ten percent of recommended daily value of phosphorus, magnesium and zinc, and fifteen percent of your vitamin E and thiamin requirements. It is a cholesterol and sodium free food, and its fat is unsaturated. You can use Wheat Germ to replace up to one half cup of flour when baking cookies, muffins and breads. Use it as a topping for fruit pies, fruit salads, yogurt and ice cream, or as a nutritious breading for chicken or fish and as filler for meatballs and meatloaf.
Diets rich in whole grain foods and other plant foods low in total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease and some cancers.
You can use Wheat Germ to replace up to one half cup of fiber when baking cookies, muffins, and breads. Use it as a topping for fruit pies, fruit salads, yogurt and ice cream, or as a nutritious breading for chicken or fish and as filler for meatballs and meatloaf.

Supplement Facts Supplement Facts Serving Size: 2 Tbsp (16 g) Servings Per Container: 28 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories60 Cal. from Fat 15 Total Fat 1.5 g 3%Saturated Fat 0 g 0%Tran Fat 0 g Cholesterol0 mg 0%Sodium0 mg 0%Total Carbohydrate 9 g 3%Dietary Fiber 2 g 10%Sugars2 g Protein4 g Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 0%Calcium 0%Iron 6%Vitamin E 15%Thiamin 15%Folate 13%Phosphorus 10%Magnesium 10%Zinc 10%*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Calories2,0002,500Total Fat Less than 65 g 80 g Sat. Fat Less than 20 g 25 g CholesterolLess than 300 mg 300 mg SodiumLess than 2,400 mg 2,400 mg Total Carbohydrate 300 g 375 g Dietary Fiber 25 g 30 g

Other Ingredients 100% natural raw wheat germ.
Free of preservatives and chemical additives.

Warnings Keeps best refrigerated or frozen.

I've had my hair in braids for about the last month.(I'll be wearing a wig for about another year). Before I did the BC, about a year ago, my hair was around mid-back length. But, I was so tired of it being thin and being super weak. It was a breaking, tangled mess.

I had decided to grow out the permed hair by gradually cutting my ends. But, one day when I washed it, I was forced to cut off all the permed hair. My comb would only go through the new growth!!! I had grown about 3.5 inches of NG.

So, I braided it, got a wig that looked like my own hair and decided that I would wear it for many years before my length came back.

Then, I read about this recipe and thought, why not? It sure couldn't hurt.

Fastforward to today, when I took my braids down to comb and re-braid, I was so shocked and surprised. My natural hair HAS NEVER BEEN SO HEALTHY, THICK, AND GREW SO LONG, SO FAST, IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!

Again, blessings to Br*nze for sharing this wonderful information with us.

Br*nze, I hope your hair grows down to your ankles.

I can see you now, "Um...scuse me, but you're stepping on my hair. Would you get off of it please?":lachen:

Last edited:
Lady of Virtue, this post brought me to tears. I was hoping that this thread would bless someone, and your testimony and others, have shown me that it has.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for that blessing, girl i receive it in Jesus' Name, I do~~

I'm so very happy for you, your hair is gonna come back 7-fold, i pray that for everyone on this cocktail....Blessings to you, Lady of Virtue, & more blessings for sharing that powerful testimony.

I've had my hair in braids for about the last month.(I'll be wearing a wig for about another year).

Before I did the BC, about a year ago, my hair was around mid-back length. But, I was so tired of it thin jing and being super weak. It was a breaking, tangled mess.

I had decided to grow out the permed hair by gradually cutting my ends. But, one day when I washed it, I was forced to cut off all the permed hair. My comb would only go through the new growth!!! I had grown about 3.5 inches of NG.

So, I braided it, got a wig that looked like my own hair and decided that I would wear it for many years before my length came back.

Fastforward to today, when I took my braids down to comb and re-braid, I was so shocked and surprised. My natural hair HAS NEVER BEEN SO HEALTHY, THICK, AND GREW SO LONG, SO FAST, IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!

I can see you now, "Um...scuse me, but you're stepping on my hair. Would you get off of it please?":lachen:
<<<I luv luv luv it:lachen::lachen::lachen:~~~

Bronze~
This one is the best one I have tried so far. I tried the Fearns. It has more of a nuttier flavor but is not ground as fine as the Red Mills. Red Mills also thickens better and settles to the bottom at a much slower rate.

As i promised,

Brands A-Z > Bob's Red Mill

Magni.gif
Enlarge image
Bob's Red Mill, Natural Raw Wheat Germ, 16 oz (1 lb) 453 g

SRP: $2.45
Our price: $2.33
Savings of: $0.12(5.00 %)

TabsSep.gif
TabsSep.gif
Description
  • Friend of the Heart
  • The Heart of the Wheat Kernel
  • A Natural Source of Folic Acid
  • You Can See Our Quality!
  • All Natural
  • Kosher
Wheat Germ is the heart of the wheat berry. It has a delicious nutty flavor, and is packed with nutrition. For a scant 60 calories and one and a half grams of dietary fiber, thirteen percent of recommended daily value of folic acid, ten percent of recommended daily value of phosphorus, magnesium and zinc, and fifteen percent of your vitamin E and thiamin requirements. It is a cholesterol and sodium free food, and its fat is unsaturated. You can use Wheat Germ to replace up to one half cup of flour when baking cookies, muffins and breads. Use it as a topping for fruit pies, fruit salads, yogurt and ice cream, or as a nutritious breading for chicken or fish and as filler for meatballs and meatloaf.
Diets rich in whole grain foods and other plant foods low in total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease and some cancers.
You can use Wheat Germ to replace up to one half cup of fiber when baking cookies, muffins, and breads. Use it as a topping for fruit pies, fruit salads, yogurt and ice cream, or as a nutritious breading for chicken or fish and as filler for meatballs and meatloaf.

Supplement Facts Supplement Facts Serving Size: 2 Tbsp (16 g) Servings Per Container: 28 Amount Per Serving % DV Calories60 Cal. from Fat 15 Total Fat 1.5 g 3%Saturated Fat 0 g 0%Tran Fat 0 g Cholesterol0 mg 0%Sodium0 mg 0%Total Carbohydrate 9 g 3%Dietary Fiber 2 g 10%Sugars2 g Protein4 g Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 0%Calcium 0%Iron 6%Vitamin E 15%Thiamin 15%Folate 13%Phosphorus 10%Magnesium 10%Zinc 10%*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Calories2,0002,500Total Fat Less than 65 g 80 g Sat. Fat Less than 20 g 25 g CholesterolLess than 300 mg 300 mg SodiumLess than 2,400 mg 2,400 mg Total Carbohydrate 300 g 375 g Dietary Fiber 25 g 30 g

Other Ingredients 100% natural raw wheat germ.
Free of preservatives and chemical additives.

Warnings Keeps best refrigerated or frozen.

I really glad this is working for you!

What the half and half method? I missed this one.

The half and half method is when you relax one half of your hair first while covering up the other half w/ a shower cap so that it doesn't get wet while rinsing and neutralizing the first half. then you go back and relax the second half rinse and neutralize. i neutralize my entire ahead after i relax the second half just to make sure i got all of the relaxer out. This works for me because I get overwhelmed trying to do my whole head at one time and I come out underprocessed. Like it looks like a relaxer never even touched my head at all. hth

Hello ladies!

Just wanted to know if anyone has posted any progress pics yet? I just found this thread and am interested to see if anyone is seeing any results, and if you have... would you mind sharing?

Thanks!

me~:rolleyes:

Yep, it is really good, huh? I tried Fearns a while back and I swear it made me gag, the after taste was deplorable, ick. I'm sticking with Bob's, for sure.

Bronze~
This one is the best one I have tried so far. I tried the Fearns. It has more of a nuttier flavor but is not ground as fine as the Red Mills. Red Mills also thickens better and settles to the bottom at a much slower rate.

^^ lp318lp, Thanks for checking us out. How about this for progress? Check the thread, many, including me, are reporting younger looking skin, more energy, weight loss, in addition to thicker, longer, moisturized hair....there is so much, you'd be amazed...

I've had my hair in braids for about the last month.(I'll be wearing a wig for about another year). Before I did the BC, about a year ago, my hair was around mid-back length. But, I was so tired of it being thin and being super weak. It was a breaking, tangled mess.

ladies!

Just wanted to know if anyone has posted any progress pics yet? I just found this thread and am interested to see if anyone is seeing any results, and if you have... would you mind sharing?

Thanks!

I'd like to post pics around Mother's Day. I just need to find out how to get them from my camera phone.

I'm :nervous2: about posting my pics. Yeah I'm getting wonderful growth (phenomenal actually) but my ends are towup! And I'm :pray: for a miracle. I'm also 31 weeks post right now so most of my hair is sticking to my head! :giggle:

The plan was to stretch for 1 year (May 2009) but enuff is enuff. I'm going to a wedding on Valentines's day and I plan on looking good from head to toe!

Oh and today is my 3 months marker for shake. :yahoo:

Last edited:
I'm :nervous2: about posting my pics. Yeah I'm getting wonderful growth (phenomenal actually) but my ends are towup! And I'm :pray: for a miracle. I'm also 31 weeks post right now so most of my hair is sticking to my head! :giggle:

The plan was to stretch for 1 year (May 2009) but enuff is enuff. I'm going to a wedding on Valentines's day and I plan on looking good from head to toe!

Would you happen to know the exact amount each month? And would you mind sharing if you increased the amount of protein in your overall diet or would you just sum up your growth to the shake? I'm already getting tired of all this salmon and tuna I've been eating. I would love to just take my shake in the morning and my protein bar for my mid morning snack and not have to worry a/b consciously ingesting protein for the rest of the day. tia

Hi Mona,

With so much growth and improvement with our hair in 3 months, can you imagine, Lord willing, how long our hair will be in one year?

Can't wait to hit the 3 month mark like u ladies!!

Day 2 for me.

Used soy milk (for a bit more protein)
Multi-vitamin powder
1 egg white
flaxseed
*chugged it* :lol:

My church is doing a corporate fast starting tomorrow. Guess what I'll be drinking during the fast?? Yep, my shake. This shake comes in handy for everything.

Yep, it is my 3 month marker, also, wow, that went by fast! We need to do a 6-month-er and be done with it....Girls, I am so serious when i posted waistlength hair cocktail, i made no mistakes with that...i'm sure everyone thought it was a cute, catchy phrase. I'm in it to win it...we all stick with this and our hair will be to our waists in record-time, i cut my hair and it grows back in 3 weeks, i feel like a chia pet...and that's a good thing.

I added an apple and my light and fit vanilla yogurt....:lick::notworthy I think this made my drink even more awesome! I'm going to add another egg to the mix.:yep: I now use the wheat germ oil in my green smoothie for lunch. The taste was just too strong for my egg cocktail.:nono: I was so lost without my cocktail. No energy, my skin started acting up! Thank goodness I can start drinking this again.:lachen:

^that sounds like a good mix, natrlchallenge, yum, i will eventually get that adventurous on my lunch mix...i'm taking notes on all of your cocktails, bcs i will need the variety so i don't get bored at lunchtime...now, i need to go shopping, big time.

Ok.

Here is a comparison shot of my hair.
I started taking the shakes in October.
Granted I DC twice per week.
I used MT in November but I keep forgetting to do it.
I use my tatoo as my marker.

From the picture, I believe that I increased in thickness mostly. My hair grows out and not down. I got a normal amount of length. I am over all pleased.

*note: I have about 1.5" of new growth in there.

Last edited:
complexsimplicity I'm not a hair measurer so I'm not sure how much I get monthly. I believe without any suppliments I get 1/4 of an inch. But currently I have about 5 inches of new growth at the crown of my head and about 4" in the back and I would say 3" in the front. Keep in mind that I'm also 31 weeks post so that's not all from the shake.

Keep up with the protein I believe you will like what you see when its all said and don't (I should be saying that to myself :rolleyes:).

Oh and I don't eat any extra protein. The plan was to increase my protein intake but I just ever got around to it. This week that will change. Not sure how much I will consume daily but I will try to get at least 2 servings.

Thanks for the encouragement LadyOfVirtue! :yep:

Last edited:
For the ladies making the shake at lunch, are you using a portable mixer?

I'm having a shake for dinner tonight. That'll make 2 today.

You ladies are definitely encouraging me to join this challenge... :yep:....

I'll have to go back and read up on a few of the posts before I make my final decision.

Puf-fy-Brown!!! Dang-gon-it, girl, that is some awesome progress!!! Your hair looks delicious. Simply mouthwatering. I am so happy for you. I just read the post and I almost fell off my chair. Girl, the thickness is incredible. The length is incredible. I'm at a loss for adjectives, here. And i'm a writer. :look:. We are gonna make all of lhcf join this bandwagon with results like this. :yep:

quote=PuffyBrown;6645483]Ok.

Here is a comparison shot of my hair.
I started taking the shakes in October.
Granted I DC twice per week.
I used MT in November but I keep forgetting to do it.
I use my tatoo as my marker.

From the picture, I believe that I increased in thickness mostly. My hair grows out and not down. I got a normal amount of length. I am over all pleased.

*note: I have about 1.5" of new growth in there.

[/quote]

Back