*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
i just took my braids down after having them in for 5 weeks and OH. MY. GOSH!! my new growth is soooooooooo freaking thick!!! i'm 7 months into my transition. my hair has always been thick but it's like a freaking jungle in there! i tried to wear my hair in a bun but it wouldn't lay flat! even people at work noticed how thick and puffy my hair was. i started drinking the shakes on Nov. 10th. i have been drinking them 5-6 days out the week most of the time. i have also been my growth aide Moe Gro Oil. for about 2 weeks i used Moe Gro Oil mixed with Mega Tek.

i also finally cut out the sugar from my drink and it's not bad at all.

i will post some pics later because i'm about to go to sleep.
From ice cream cocktails to sugar-free cocktails? And you still were able to drink the cocktail?!? awesome job, VinDiselsWifey, can't wait to see your pics. keep it up, we are right behind you with that waistlength hair you've got....:grin:

From ice cream cocktails to sugar-free cocktails? And you still were able to drink the cocktail?!? awesome job, VinDiselsWifey, can't wait to see your pics. keep it up, we are right behind you with that waistlength hair you've got....:grin:

thanks! but i'm not waistlength anymore like in my pic from this summer. :sad: since i'm transitioning i cut my hair to about armpit length. but i hope to be waistlength natural in a few years :yep:

here's the front part

348475182.jpg

here's the middle

348475179.jpg

it's hard taking hair pics when you live by yourself

thanks! but i'm not waistlength anymore like in my pic from this summer. :sad: since i'm transitioning i cut my hair to about armpit length. Ouch! I miss your hair, I admired it so...your's was one of the first heads i saw that inspired me when i joined...hopefully, we'll get to waistlength together, by the end of the year, maybe? but i hope to be waistlength natural in a few years :yep:

here's the front part

348475182.jpg

here's the middle

348475179.jpg

it's hard taking hair pics when you live by yourself
I can't see your pics, btw...

i missed my drink, yesterday, but it's on today...HAppy Day After Christmas, Egglettes~~~ Shop On!

Anyone try Liquid Aminos? Does it taste awful? Is it worth the $$$?

I still haven't been able to get the ingredients to try this, but I can't wait to start! Darn me discovering this thread over the holidays. :laugh:

i put liquid amino acids in my shake. it doesn't taste great but it doesn't take horrible either. it says it's fruit punch flavor. i'm not in my dorm room so i can't tell you exactly what the name of it is but it's smthg like amino 2222. i got it from gnc. i think it's worth the money bc that's a whole 22g of protein added in my shake each day. i heard the twin lab amino fuel has an orange like taste.

ETA: i found it. here's the link
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.js...&kw=amino&origkw=amino&pg=2&parentPage=search

Last edited:
i just took my braids down after having them in for 5 weeks and OH. MY. GOSH!! my new growth is soooooooooo freaking thick!!! i'm 7 months into my transition. my hair has always been thick but it's like a freaking jungle in there! i tried to wear my hair in a bun but it wouldn't lay flat! even people at work noticed how thick and puffy my hair was. i started drinking the shakes on Nov. 10th. i have been drinking them 5-6 days out the week most of the time. i have also been my growth aide Moe Gro Oil. for about 2 weeks i used Moe Gro Oil mixed with Mega Tek.

i also finally cut out the sugar from my drink and it's not bad at all.

i will post some pics later because i'm about to go to sleep.

Yet another rave about this wonderful shake. I wish that I could see your pictures because I have always loved your hair anyway.

i put liquid amino acids in my shake. it doesn't taste great but it doesn't take horrible either. it says it's fruit punch flavor. i'm not in my dorm room so i can't tell you exactly what the name of it is but it's smthg like amino 2222. i got it from gnc. i think it's worth the money bc that's a whole 22g of protein added in my shake each day. i heard the twin lab amino fuel has an orange like taste.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.js...&kw=amino&origkw=amino&pg=2&parentPage=search

Girl you are all over this shake. You always come in with something exciting that you have done with it.

yay!:drunk::yep:

had yet another shake, not doubled up today though, doing ALOT of baking, chocolate chip cookies, apple pie, Evan williams pound cake, strawberry cup cakes and confetti cake! the when the kids go to sleep tonite I'll start on the ham chirstmas dinner, or maybe I'll do that in the morning so it will be extra fresh,

oh and the gas, It is dying down from day to day, I think that the wheat germ oil and eggs are just cleaning me out, sorry about the food and gas in the same post.

I too did a lot of baking. I did not drink my shake on Christmas.:sad: I was so busy...I should have taken time out for myself, but there was so much to do. I barely made it on time. I had about 15 min left when the guess started arriving. Acutally, I had less than that because I had to take a shower. I was so tired after everyone went home. I cannot believe I slept to 12 today!
I am already back on track.

I also took a break from my shake yesterday.I figured it was Christmas, so why not? I'm drinking it as I'm writing this though. I feel like such slacker when I don't drink it! I added some omega 3 fish oil a few days ago and my hair feels less dry already! :yay:

Um, I took a "break from my shake," but, I'll be "back on track" this coming Monday.

I also took a break from my shake yesterday.I figured it was Christmas, so why not? I'm drinking it as I'm writing this though. I feel like such slacker when I don't drink it! I added some omega 3 fish oil a few days ago and my hair feels less dry already! :yay:

I don't think it hurts to take a break every now and then. Even Alexander says that after 90 days its maintenance, or you can continue the shake daily which most of us have done. I think we will be okay.

I am going to do treadmill everyday this week. I usually do 3 days. I did not eat a lot yesterday but I had three heavy sweets.

I have lost almost 12lbs so I don't want to do anything to mess that up.
We wont have all that for the new year. New Years meals are fairly healthy. More like Sunday dinner not all the sweets like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Does amino 2222 give you gas? Cuz I used twin lab and had to stop becuz the gas was unbearable. That orange like taste is horrible, like extremely acidic, IMO. The 2222 has more protein than twin lab too, 22g to 15g respectively.

Great job, Ladies, I didn't overindulge, either,Thank God! New Year's meals are pretty heavy, but my cocktail is helping my carb tooth.

I am adding liquid aminos in a separate drink. Vitamin Shoppe has twin fuel for $15 for 32 oz, i'm on route to pick up...i'll get two so that should hold me. 2222 sounds good, i didn't know gnc carries it, i'll have to check on that b4 i pick up twin fuel...comparison shopping always makes me happy :)

i always feel *healthier* when i have my cocktail...i'm loving it without added protein and chocolate/strawberry syrup. yaay!

I added flaxseeds to my shake and now I'm soooo regular and it feels great. Plus it has 4g of protein. I wanna buy some raw wheatgerm. Oh and I also quit drinking ensure shakes all together and my weight gain is under control now. I used to feel so heavy with that and the alexander shake. The nurse at my school said it's nothing but fat, sugar, and water and used to build people up. I knew that but I like that it has alot of vitamins in it but that wirght gain is not cute. I can't remember the name of the flaxseeds I'm taking, I'll post that later as I'm way too lazy to get up right now :) .

Last edited:
yeah it gives me gas, unfortunately. it's pretty bad. lol. i know tmi. i used to b able to pass gas w/out hesitation bc it doesn't smell bad at all. but after i started taking this shake...o lord. watch out!!!!

^^^Yes girl that gas will kill you and anyone in your path. That's why I had to stop. If anybody knows of liquid aminos that don't make you gassy please lets us know. Hey how about Bragg's Liquid Aminos? Anybody use this? Does it make you gassy?

eta:Bragg's Liquid Aminos: note the 290mg of protein. Is that = 29g? If so I'll try this. OHHHH and ZERO CALORIES. Serving size is 1tsp? Is one gonna get the 290mg of protein in that 1tsp?
Please add some input to this.

http://bragg.com/products/la.html

eta: And it's not expensive
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search...Aminos+&intsource2=main&image.x=69&image.y=12

Last edited:
I'm about to try this shake for the first time now. With all the tales of gas though maybe it's a good idea I don't make it while I'm out of town. Don't want to have to hide that from SO and his family. :laugh:

ETA: It didn't taste nearly as bad as I thought it would, it was like drinking bread. I may add some fruit next time. I can definitely see myself drinking this long term. =D

Last edited:
I'm so shameful, I haven't had the cocktail in over a week...and yesterdays bingefest on cakes and scrumptiousness, though delectable, wasn't very beneficial. I'm almost afraid to have the raw egg on my still full belly. I think I will give it a whirl starting this weekend.

I'm about to try this shake for the first time now. With all the tales of gas http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm801MNUS though maybe it's a good idea I don't make http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm801MNUS it while I'm out of town. Don't want to have to hide that from SO and his family. :laugh:

ETA: It didn't taste nearly as bad as I thought it would, it was like drinking bread. I may add some fruit next time. I can definitely see myself drinking this long term. =D

I know what you mean. It last really only for a couple of weeks. But like they said....whoo hoo doggie.

I feel weird asking this question but does the gas start right away? Because I didn't experience any. I may carry it out of town after all, just don't want any surprises.

I think it really varies from person to person. There may be some who have little or none at all. I found drinking tons and tons of water really helps. It is really just cleaning your intestinal tract, so it would have come out eventually anyways:lachen:

I feel weird asking this question but does the gas start right away? Because I didn't experience any. I may carry it out of town after all, just don't want any surprises.

ok let's try this again

here's the front
348676203.jpg

here's the middle

348676198.jpg

aww thanks BronzeBombshell...i didn't know i was one of your inspirations. i straightened my hair last night and....i'm touching the top of my brastrap again!!!! i cut my hair in September. so maybe by the end of next year i can be waistlength again....and yes we can journey to waistlength together!

Last edited:
I just had my shake at 8:30 tonight. I know that's late, but I didn't want to skip too many of my shakes.

I've eaten ALOT of sweets within the last three days and my digestion has been terrible (on vacation at moms house for the holiday). I don't like to eat this late at night, but I sooo missed my shake.

This shake is so much a part of my routine now that the taste of the spinach almost tasted as good as those yams that I made. Well....

What are the benefits of adding the liquid aminos?

I just had my shake at 8:30 tonight. I know that's late, but I didn't want to skip too many of my shakes.

I've eaten ALOT of sweets within the last three days and my digestion has been terrible (on vacation at moms house for the holiday). I don't like to eat this late at night, but I sooo missed my shake.

This shake is so much a part of my routine now that the taste of the spinach almost tasted as good as those yams that I made. Well....

I'm only adding the liquid aminos bcs i wanted to buy HF37, which worked really well for me. HF37 are hair vitamins, and they are costly, $50 a month...so i decided to get the liquid aminos instead, they'll absorb better anyway. I'm not adding this into my cocktail, i just asked bcs you guys are sooo knowledgeable....this will be taken separately as part of my vitamin reggie..

I also believe the 2222 aminos takes 4 tblspns, where the amino fuel takes 3 so it's not that much of a difference in grams...Braggs liquid aminos are used as a seasoning, it's made from soy protein...i suppose you could use it, but it's awful salty...it's actually like using mccormick or lawry's season salt :yep:.

okay, i had some amino fuel...it's orangey and the taste is so do-able...i mean, it's like so wonderful, no more torture with giganormous amino tablets that don't dissolve in your stomach...ewww....i threw it in an ounce or two of oj, and it was great, a lil after taste, but no biggie...highly recommend for taste alone, i figure, at 1 tblspn = 5000 mg, i'm beating hf37 in one pop - no hunkering down with 10 or so pills on a strict regimen, and then i have like, 60 servings per bottle at $15. I win!!! thanks for the info, Egglettes~~~

This morning I decided to add some OJ to try to sweeten the taste... bad mistake! It made it taste horrible. Granted it wasn't actual OJ but some OJ-flavored juice that I thought was orange juice when I picked it up.

I think I may add fruit tomorrow but I'm a little afraid to experiment now. :laugh:

C I was gonna try the Bragg amino acids but I didn't know it was gonna b salty. It would last me way longer too than the amino 2222 or amino fuel. Can't beat $8 for a year supply of amino acids. Decisions decisions

okay, i had some amino fuel...it's orangey and the taste is so do-able...i mean, it's like so wonderful, no more torture with giganormous amino tablets that don't dissolve in your stomach...ewww....i threw it in an ounce or two of oj, and it was great, a lil after taste, but no biggie...highly recommend for taste alone, i figure, at 1 tblspn = 5000 mg, i'm beating hf37 in one pop - no hunkering down with 10 or so pills on a strict regimen, and then i have like, 60 servings per bottle at $15. I win!!! thanks for the info, Egglettes~~~

Which amino fuel r u taking? The twin lab one is only 15g of protein per 3 tbsp. I want to get on the one ur talking a/b if it's 50g of protein per 1 tbsp!!!

I agree. I missed 2 days, Christmas Eve and Christmas. The bad thing is, I love soy milk and I tasted a little last night and I "thought" it taste yucky. See what eating too much of a good thing can do for you. I know that my body will change, once my brain no longer sees cake, candy, cookies, chocolate, ham, etc... I am back on the program as of today.

PS
I hope you had a good vacation at your mom's house.

skipped chirstmas and the day after, too busy chowing down!
but I am drinking the doubled up shake, with just one egg though, doubled up on wheat germ, flaxseed oil and kept the soy, stawberries, eggs, and nequik the same, I have an stationary bike now, and I'm trying to get an hour in the morning on it, my youngest just turned 3 on the 19th and now both of them will be in pre school on jan 5th,! I get SOME time!.

Ok, I just had to come back and rave more about Omega 3 fish oil to you ladies. I got the Vitamin Shoppe brand, and I mix 2 tsp per day in my shake. I literally got this stuff on Tuesday of this week, and now today I looked closely at my scalp after drinking my shake and then working out and noticed that it was glistening. At first I thought it was just sweat lingering on my scalp, but long after my hair dried I looked more closely and it was still glistening. I haven't put any product directly on my scalp since I washed my hair, but every follicle on my scalp had moisture on it!! :shocked: I noticed on Christmas that my hair seemed to actually be accepting moisture rather than just sucking it up and drying out within hours. So as of today I am officially convinced that Omega 3 Fish Oil has saved my life!

vs-2265.gif

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-2265

I chose the Vitamin Shoppe brand because of its high concentration of EPA's and DHA's, which are supposed to be good for women's libido. And um :look:, for fear of giving too much information, I'll just say that they really are. :giggle: But on TOP of that, I've FINALLY resolved my hair's moisture problem! I'm thinking of stretching my relaxer even longer now. AND it adds a refreshing lemon-lime taste to my wasitlength cocktail! Don't sleep on this oil ladies, it will change your LIFE! lol

Back