*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Green is definitely where its at! Now I can get the benefits of a salad on a consistent basis without having to eat it.

Going out of town for 8 days. Would you ladies continue the shake or skip it until you got back home?

Thanks ladies.
~I'd keep at it, unless it's terribly inconvenient~
PuffyBrown your hair is looking good!
I second that, Puffy, you make me wanna try my mt again...i am thinking of buying the oct christmas gift set...

Prose Princess I doubt you will find it in Kroger's but Whole Foods should have other more affordable brands. I can't think of any name brand.

hey! got me so mo' vanilla soy!:grin:
and some Rexall organic flaxseed oil, also more cage free eggs.

come morning my shake will look like this:

2 cage free eggs
2 tbls wheat germ oil
6 frozen strawberries
4 cups of Vanilla Soy
2 tbls flax seed oil:look:
2 tbls of Nesquik

I might try to get the ingredients for the green shake and start doing those for lunch,
thank all of you guys soooo much for all this info, as soon as I saw that flax oil when I was not even looking for it, my Heart jumped!:trampolin

hey! got me so mo' vanilla soy!:grin:
and some Rexall organic flaxseed oil, also more cage free eggs.

come morning my shake will look like this:

2 cage free eggs
2 tbls wheat germ oil
6 frozen strawberries
4 cups of Vanilla Soy
2 tbls flax seed oil:look:
2 tbls of Nesquik

I might try to get the ingredients for the green shake and start doing those for lunch,
thank all of you guys soooo much for all this info, as soon as I saw that flax oil when I was not even looking for it, my Heart jumped!:trampolin
you are on your way, sho_iz_pretty, that mix sounds delish :lick: enjoy!!! i can't wait to start my green foods shake, either...i'm gonna be sooo supa fiiiiine~ :grin:...

I have found organic eggs frm hens that av been vaccinated against salmonella, so after much hesistation i think im in.

I have found organic eggs frm hens that av been vaccinated against salmonella, so after much hesistation i think im in.

That makes me nervous. Too much human interference. The samonella rate is low enough when you purchase from reputable buyers. If farmers are clean and do what they are suppose to do the risk is lower. When man tries to interfere with life's natural cycles is when stuff happens. You just be careful and keep us posted. Maybe I'll change my mind. That's just my first opinion.

Uh oh! I hope ur wrong lol.. Esp how expensive them damm eggs were! I wz puzzled hw they culd b considered organic. Any other thoughts on this?

Uh oh! I hope ur wrong lol.. Esp how expensive them damm eggs were! I wz puzzled hw they culd b considered organic. Any other thoughts on this?

How much are they and where are you buying them?
I believe someone mentioned using Braggs ACV to pour over the eggs before cracking them. I will say that we have been doing this together for several months and so far, no reports of illness.

Yes girl go wash your eggs with some vinegar to kill that salmonella. Those ARE NOT organic eggs in my opinion. Idl maybe you could try them see how you like them. Goodluck.

Hey Ladies--I'm still in. I've been MIA for a bit. Went away last weekend for two days, so I didn't do my smoothie, but since then, I've been on it daily.

My skin is doing very well--nice glow and very smooth. My hair is in individuals that I think I'm going to have to take out very soon. Between the eggs and my inconsistent use of MT, my roots are really trying to start fighting. At the roots, my hair is getting stuck together, so that definitely means there is a lot of growth. Also, my hair feels very soft, moisturized and has a nice sheen.

I usually alternate between spinach and romaine in my smoothies, but this week, I've incorporated both as well as parsley. I'd like to add another egg like some of you ladies are doing . . .

Oh that second egg will make it taste creamer! :lick: I did it a couple of time but I would go thru my eggs too quickly so I stopped. I may go back to this b/c of the extra protein.

This AM I did not have time for the greens so I did my drink the ole fashion way. And then I got to thinking to stick with the ole way. When I got home I made a simple green smoothie (just spinach and Udo's Omega 3-6-9) and it was simply and delish! I like the idea of a smoothie later in the day so I will split up the drink. Oh and BTW I had to force myself to eat today!

Last edited:
The wheat germ oil made me very sick. I'll be off the challenge for awhile.:nono: If I start doing this again, I will omit it and go back to the old recipe I had.

Oh that second egg will make it taste creamer! :lick: I did it a couple of time but I would go thru my eggs too quickly so I stopped. I may go back to this b/c of the extra protein.

I feel you on the eggs girl! I had run out of soy, so when I went to the store today, I made sure I doubled up on the eggs, I'll probably make a variation for lunch and sub the nesquik, and strawberries for veggies and make that my green shakes for lunches and maybe some dinners,

ooohh bronze, Love you for this one! my hair and skin do feel ALOT better, out here in this dry elavated colorado desert, my hair is very shiny and moisturized, and even the skin on my hands feels better!

Ladies DO NOT drink your green smoothie for DINNER! I did that tonight! Big MISTAKE! Its 3:30 AM and I am wide open! I dranked the shake around 6:15 PM. If you need energy try a Spinach Smoothie with water and a good fat (I used Udo's Omega 3-6-9). I am so glad I don't have to work tomorrow!

Oh that second egg will make it taste creamer! :lick: I did it a couple of time but I would go thru my eggs too quickly so I stopped. me too, girl i had to conserve my supplies, i can only go shopping once a week, takes up too much time...I may go back to this b/c of the extra protein.

This AM I did not have time for the greens so I did my drink the ole fashion way. And then I got to thinking to stick with the ole way. me too....yeah, i thought splitting the drink would be better than combining it into the cocktail, i don't want to miss the full benefits of the original, and adding a second drink is just like, bammm! you know what the results will be... can we say weight-LOSSSSSS!?! When I got home I made a simple green smoothie (just spinach and Udo's Omega 3-6-9) and it was simply and delish! I like the idea of a smoothie later in the day so I will split up the drink. Oh and BTW I had to force myself to eat todayokay, what's with that??Dang, i must eat just tooo much...i can feel my appetite curbed a little, and much of my sweet tooth is gone, but force myself to eat?!?!?! I've got to get there ~ that's what i'm praying for....!
The wheat germ oil made me very sick. I'll be off the challenge for awhile.:nono: If I start doing this again, I will omit it and go back to the old recipe I had.

Hey Ladies--I'm still in. I've been MIA for a bit. Went away last weekend for two days, so I didn't do my smoothie, but since then, I've been on it daily.

My skin is doing very well--nice glow and very smooth. My hair is in individuals that I think I'm going to have to take out very soon. Between the eggs and my inconsistent use of MT, my roots are really trying to start fighting. At the roots, my hair is getting stuck together, so that definitely means there is a lot of growth. Also, my hair feels very soft, moisturized and has a nice sheen.you've been missed tallnomad, welcome back...i second that, i always got questions of what type of foundation i used, though i rarely used any, well that had stopped :ohwell:, i got a case of adult onset acne and it was causing massive breakouts - disgusting. well, i'm getting the compliments and questions again, so i know how my skin is clearing and improving, my nude lipsticks are almost invisible on me now, my skin has changed soo much...

I usually alternate between spinach and romaine in my smoothies, but this week, I've incorporated both as well as parsley. I'd like to add another egg like some of you ladies are doing . . .

Yes girl go wash your eggs with some vinegar to kill that salmonella. Those ARE NOT organic eggs in my opinion. Idl maybe you could try them see how you like them. Goodluck.
i second gsista and puffy, just clean 'em with vinegar, you'll be okay, we are NOT sick and are NOT getting sick....don't waste good money...

I feel you on the eggs girl! I had run out of soy, so when I went to the store today, I made sure I doubled up on the eggs, I'll probably make a variation for lunch and sub the nesquik, and strawberries for veggies and make that my green shakes for lunches and maybe some dinners,

ooohh bronze, Love you love ya right back! for this one! my hair and skin do feel ALOT better, mine too!! out here in this dry elavated colorado desert, my hair is very shiny and moisturized, and even the skin on my hands feels better!
yep, the hubby is feeling my super smooth skin, yes he is.....literally....tmi?:spinning:

Ladies DO NOT drink your green smoothie for DINNER! I did that tonight! Big MISTAKE! Its 3:30 AM and I am wide open! I dranked the shake around 6:15 PM. If you need energy try a Spinach Smoothie with water and a good fat (I used Udo's Omega 3-6-9). I am so glad I don't have to work tomorrow!
:yawn: No sleep, MonaRae? That's good to know, i will definitely have to drink this at lunch time...
I looked at the time of your post and I was like, Mona can not sleep, she is up posting at 3 am! It was the green smoothie that gotcha....i'm really excited to know this, at about 6pm, my energy begins to wane, so if i take it at noon, i should be good to go...

Hey mona you sleep yet? It's now 4:21am and I'm off the the Macy's last day sale. WOOOHOOOOO!!!! ***random? yes I know***
don't go there with shopping, true shopaholic over here >>>>is there a good sale?

I'm up! Are you going to the one in Parkchester?
i can feel the excitement brewing....shop til you drop ladies~

Thanks Bronze for the skin encouragement.

yeah, i have lots of energy. it's 536am here. i'm a night owl anyways. i fell asleep in my chaise around 11 and then woke up at around 3am wide awake. i'm craving my smoothie now, :lick: but too lazy to go make it. my blender is too loud and i don't want to wake up my upstairs neighbors at this time. just a few more hours.

Loud blenders. I swear I feel my next door neighbors...the house next door, can hear my blender at 5am...i feel sooo self-conscious. Are there any quiet blenders, (red, preferably ---what? to match my french country decor...) that do not cost over $100 bucks? tia, tia

Hey ladies! Today is day two of the egg shake for me and I am so motivated by all you ladies and your success. Yesterday, during my lunch break, I went to the Vitamin Shoppe and got my ingredients. My shake consists of:

-about a cup ofwhole milk
-1 egg
-1 tbl spn of lecithin
-1 scoop of "Hair Thickening Shake" vanilla flavored (it had the L-cysteine in it and full of other vitamins, mineral, and good stuff)
-1 teaspoon of wheat germ oil
-3 capsules of PHion super green foods (it's from the PHion line of alkalizing pills and powders, and has dozens upon dozens of every kind of green vegetable)
-1 vitamin E capsule
-1 CoQ capsule
Blended it, dumped 1 tbl spn of roasted flax seeds in my mouth, and washed it down with the shake. I'm ready for the results.

I need to get my wheat germ, cause as many of you have said, it's not in the Vitamin Shoppe. Is it at Whole Foods anyone?

Hey ladies! Today is day two of the egg shake for me and I am so motivated by all you ladies and your success. Yesterday, during my lunch break, I went to the Vitamin Shoppe and got my ingredients. My shake consists of:

-1 egg
-1 tbl spn of lecithin
-1 scoop of "Hair Thickening Shake" vanilla flavored (it had the L-cysteine in it and full of other vitamins, mineral, and good stuff)
-3 capsules of PHion super green foods (it's from the PHion line of alkalizing pills and powders, and has dozens upon dozens of every kind of green vegetable)
-1 vitamin E capsule
-1 CoQ capsule
Blended it, dumped 1 tbl spn of roasted flax seeds in my mouth, and washed it down with the shake. I'm ready for the results.

I need to get my wheat germ, cause as many of you have said, it's not in the Vitamin Shoppe. Is it at Whole Foods anyone?

I'm not familiar with Whole Foods. Have you checked Walmart? I think I saw Wheat Germ in the cereal aisle.

peppers--wholefoods would definitely have the wheatgerm. bob's red mill is a pretty standard brand they carry. i think it's about $3, and it lasts for awhile.

i've always wanted to try that hair thickening shake mix, even though my hair is uber thick. i was thinking the thickness the shake is supposed to give might translate into more length for me. please let us know how that shake mix affects your hair--if you can even tell if it's the powder since you have so much good stuff in that smoothie! :)

-1 egg
-1 tbl spn of lecithin
-1 vitamin E capsule
-1 CoQ capsule

peppers--wholefoods would definitely have the wheatgerm. bob's red mill is a pretty standard brand they carry. i think it's about $3, and it lasts for awhile.

i've always wanted to try that hair thickening shake mix, even though my hair is uber thick. i was thinking the thickness the shake is supposed to give might translate into more length for me. please let us know how that shake mix affects your hair--if you can even tell if it's the powder since you have so much good stuff in that smoothie! :)

I sure will cause my hair broke off horribly in the back when I stopped taking my flax seed oil, so if there are any results I'll be able to tell and thanks!

-1 egg
-1 tbl spn of lecithin
-1 vitamin E capsule
-1 CoQ capsule

Peppers this is a mega-mix!!! i'm curious about the thick hair shake, let us know how it goes...phion super greens, have you used it before? Wheat germ is about $4 at walmart, but you can get it at heb central market for about $3 in the health food aisle...$4 in the cereal aisle...try the health food one, it's cheaper you get more and it's healthier for you, i have bob's also, but i ordered it online from iherb, i think :ohwell:

I sure will cause my hair broke off horribly in the back when I stopped taking my flax seed oil, so if there are any results I'll be able to tell and thanks!
so, flax seed oil helped your hair considerably, huh? i was using it in my cocktail until i ran out...i haven't gotten anymore..i need my nape to grow out, it always gets left behind...thanks for jumping on this train, you will LUV the results~

-1 egg
-1 tbl spn of lecithin
-1 vitamin E capsule
-1 CoQ capsule

What is the Hair Thickening shake.
Also, where did you by the Phion super greens and how does it taste?

Back