*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Would it be too much to eat a can of tuna a day? Would mercury be an issue?
I think I wanna hit that 100g of protein that Complexsimplicity was talking about. I did close to that b4 and it worked great. I really wasn't able to do it again the last 2 weeks of my challenge. I was so all over the place. I think it's cuz I had a strict diet back then. I'll put one together and post it later.

Hmmm sounds like I need to get some whey protein. Would the added proteun cause weight gain though? 1.5" of hair growth a month sounds fantastic but I don't want the drink to start weighing me down. :perplexed:

I always feel heavier when I consistently drink protein shakes. Not worth it to me.

Had my shake again today. Yay!!!

Would it be too much to eat a can of tuna a day? Would mercury be an issue?
I think I wanna hit that 100g of protein that Complexsimplicity was talking about. I did close to that b4 and it worked great. I really wasn't able to do it again the last 2 weeks of my challenge. I was so all over the place. I think it's cuz I had a strict diet back then. I'll put one together and post it later.

Adding cilantro will draw out the mercury. I will join you are well. I'll be back with a menu! :yep:

If anybody else is interested in upping protein consumption you should check this list:

HIGH PROTEIN FOODS
Shortcut: An ounce of meat or fish has approximately 7 grams of protein.
Beef
Hamburger patty, 4 oz – 28 grams protein
Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams
Most cuts of beef – 7 grams of protein per ounce
Chicken
Chicken breast, 3.5 oz - 30 grams protein
Chicken thigh – 10 grams (for average size)
Drumstick – 11 grams
Wing – 6 grams
Chicken meat, cooked, 4 oz – 35 grams
Fish
Most fish fillets or steaks are about 22 grams of protein for 3 ½ oz (100 grams) of cooked fish, or 6 grams per ounce
Tuna, 6 oz can - 40 grams of protein
Pork
Pork chop, average - 22 grams protein
Pork loin or tenderloin, 4 oz – 29 grams
Ham, 3 oz serving – 19 grams
Ground pork, 1 oz raw – 5 grams; 3 oz cooked – 22 grams
Bacon, 1 slice – 3 grams
Canadian-style bacon (back bacon), slice – 5 – 6 grams
Eggs and Dairy
Egg, large - 6 grams protein
Milk, 1 cup - 8 grams
Cottage cheese, ½ cup - 15 grams
Yogurt, 1 cup – usually 8-12 grams, check label
Soft cheeses (Mozzarella, Brie, Camembert) – 6 grams per oz
Medium cheeses (Cheddar, Swiss) – 7 or 8 grams per oz
Hard cheeses (Parmesan) – 10 grams per oz
Beans (including soy)
Tofu, ½ cup 20 grams protein
Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams
Soy milk, 1 cup - 6 -10 grams
Most beans (black, pinto, lentils, etc) about 7-10 grams protein per half cup of cooked beans
Soy beans, ½ cup cooked – 14 grams protein
Split peas, ½ cup cooked – 8 grams
Nuts and Seeds
Peanut butter, 2 Tablespoons - 8 grams protein
Almonds, ¼ cup – 8 grams
Peanuts, ¼ cup – 9 grams
Cashews, ¼ cup – 5 grams
Pecans, ¼ cup – 2.5 grams
Sunflower seeds, ¼ cup – 6 grams
Pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup – 19 grams
Flax seeds – ¼ cup – 8 grams

http://longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=311551

Okay, wheat, that helps, definitely....so, if i did this, in addition to the drinks, i would surely reach my goals ahead of schedule...
Now, where's my motivation, determination and willpower???? Where did i put those guys??? LOL! Something's gotta give...:look:

Lavendar, Monarae, I'm cheering you guys on! Please keep me/us updated on your progress... I need all the motivation i can get....:yep:

If you guys have the motivation to drink raw eggs, I know you can find it for the rest! I lost over a hundred pounds on a somewhat restrictive carb diet. I pretty much cut out wheat. The good thing is that you can still east other things. It's if you had to cut out bread and everything that would suck. Now they have other breads that are wheat free (use rice and potato starch instead, check wholefoods), and they taste just the same (you need to try different brands though as some do suck). So you won't miss the bread. In addition, no white potatoes, but I'm fine with cooking a sweet potato and putting some butter on it in place. You can take soy flour and make fried chicken. Now I'm not joking about this, soy flour replacement on other things is b.S but if you fry chicken in it, it tastes just the same. I did it when I visited my parents and they didn't notice a difference until I told them after the meal (at which point my dad pretended to gag and all of a sudden conveniently noticed a difference, after first saying how good it was:perplexed). You just make the chicken like normal. Also if you fry fish you can use cornmeal, etc. Right now I am 80 percent veggies, with mostly fish and eggs as my other meals (as it's so much healthier for me), but before that, I was successfully doing the carb (or bad carb) restriction just fine and losing weight. Hope that helps someone!

I tried this a couple of years ago so I have a bit of stached info.

Breakfast
Egg Cocktail - 6g

Lunches and Dinners
Tuna Salad 5 oz (37.5 g), fruit – 37.5 g
Chicken 8 oz (52 g) and Broccoli, fruit - 52 g
Crab Salad 1.5 cups (24 g), fruit - 24 g

Protein Shake
· Powder (14 gm), Soy Milk (6) - 20 g

Found this in an old thread
High Protein Food Listing

Last edited:
I think the protein could weigh you down and make your weight go up if you're not working it off. Being that I'm in the Air Force it's part of the job requirement to work out. lol. I also like to work out on my own time as well. I think it would be a good idea to work out though ladies because most of us know that some type of exercise increases the circulation in our bodies, hence making our hair grow faster. We could all have hot hair and hot bodies!!!

Last edited:
Took me a bit of time tracking this one down but I found it! :yahoo:

I just posted this on the cooking forum but I know many of us are increasing our protein intake for healthy hair growth so I`ll post it here as well. This is quick, easy, tasty & full of protein and omegas....

Protein Powerhouse Pasta

Ingredients

1 15oz. can Salmon (drained,flaked) 85 grams Protein
1 can Tuna ( drained,flaked) 32.5 grams Protein
8 oz. Barrilla Plus Multigrain Elbows 40 grams Protein
1/4 cup Mayonnaise ( or to desired consistency)
4 Eggland`s Best Eggs (boiled,chopped) 25.2 grams Protein
fresh chives , 2-3 green onions (a few sprigs of each chopped)
fresh dill (a few sprigs finely chopped)
2 tablespoons of DRY Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (sometimes I substitute lemon pepper)
1/4 cup roasted sunflower nuts 8.5 grams Protein

Instructions

In a large bowl mix : Drained ,cooked pasta; drained , flaked salmon; drained ,flaked tuna & boiled chopped eggs & sunflower nuts...In another small bowl gently mix : 1/4 cup mayonnaise ;chives ;dill and 2 tablespoons of Dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing.

gently fold Mayonnaise mixture with Salmon mixture. Blend well . Refrigerate (overnight is best) Enjoy..this usually makes 4-5 good size servings .

approx. 48 grams of Protein PER serving!!!

PLEASE ADD ANY OF YOUR GREAT, HIGH PROTEIN RECIPES TO THIS THREAD AS WELL

HTH!

First of all, welcome, welcome, welcome to all out new egglettes! You all are in for a major treat, no that's an understatement, a life-altering experience in terms of health benefits...as you can see, we support one another and cheer each other on...

there are so many knowledgeable ladies who post here, so everyday there's a wealth of info to share and learn...

we started off growing waistlength hair and now we're whittling our waists away ~ you can't beat that!

So as I drink my Cocktail, I say "cheers" to all of you, i thank you in advance for helping me reach my goal of hawt body and hawt hair...life is sweet!

First of all, welcome, welcome, welcome to all out new egglettes! You all are in for a major treat, no that's an understatement, a life-altering experience in terms of health benefits...as you can see, we support one another and cheer each other on...

there are so many knowledgeable ladies who post here, so everyday there's a wealth of info to share and learn...

we started off growing waistlength hair and now we're whittling our waists away ~ you can't beat that!

So as I drink my Cocktail, I say "cheers" to all of you, i thank you in advance for helping me reach my goal of hawt body and hawt hair...life is sweet!

My waist isn't whittling away. Am I missing something? Share Bronze!!

I think the protein could weigh you down and make your weight go up if you're not working it off. Being that I'm in the Air Force it's part of the job requirement to work out. lol. I also like to work out on my own time as well. I think it would be a good idea to work out though ladies because most of us know that some type of exercise increases the circulation in our bodies, hence making our hair grow faster. We could all have hot hair and hot bodies!!!

I am trying to get into the habit of working out during my winter break, it's just that I don't want to add protein powder to my drink, and then end up not losing weight from working out as a result. I don't expect to gain, but I do want to lose, so I may try to incorporate more protein into my diet instead. :yep:

Hey ladies! Just passing through. I made my sister an egg cocktail this weekend (I didn't warn her about the gas though..my bad). She didn't really enjoy the taste, but I'm trying to convince her of it's benefits. I should have added chocolate whey powder to make it tastier.

I'm going to try to severely limit my sugar intake and continue to further increase my protein as well.

I love this thread, can we keep it going forever? lol

this is my revamped shake:
1 cup vanilla soy milk
2 tbsp wheat germ
1 tbsp wheat germ oil
1/2 banana
1 raw organic egg
3/4 tsp msm
4 tbsp amino acids
total grams of protein=38.5
right now i'm munching on my protein bar that equals 20g of protein.
so far that 58.5g for the day already. yay!! I think I'll have some tuna or salmon for lunch today. increasing my protein has been easier than I thought...

ETA: My skin is glowing but I don't know whether I can chalk it up to the shake or the new Alpha Hydrox products I bought. I guess I'll just keep up w/ both.

Hey ladies! Just passing through. I made my sister an egg cocktail this weekend (I didn't warn her about the gas though..my bad). She didn't really enjoy the taste, but I'm trying to convince her of it's benefits. I should have added chocolate whey powder to make it tastier.

I'm going to try to severely limit my sugar intake and continue to further increase my protein as well.

I love this thread, can we keep it going forever? lol
we'll try, duchesse~

My waist isn't whittling away. Am I missing something? Share Bronze!!

well, i'm knockin off the pounds i gained by adding whey to my cocktail, i am being optimistic that after going back to the original cocktail, my waist will diminish...a few posters have lost some lbs, and i'm gonna add a shake for lunch...i am certain if i can make this a lifestyle, i'll attain my goals...

still going strong, wanna buy a fridge for my classroom so that i can keep some soymilk, oj and protein powders on hand...i'm really thinking of adding a "green food" shake for lunch...just need to find the right ingredients or the right powder...i'm excited..

i wish i had gone grocery shopping, i really wanted to pick up my salad ingredients...oh well, maybe i'll aim for new year's

still going strong, wanna buy a fridge for my classroom so that i can keep some soymilk, oj and protein powders on hand...i'm really thinking of adding a "green food" shake for lunch...just need to find the right ingredients or the right powder...i'm excited..

i wish i had gone grocery shopping, i really wanted to pick up my salad ingredients...oh well, maybe i'll aim for new year's

i was thinking the same thing. my regular egg cocktail in the morning and maybe some type of spinach shake for lunch. I remember monarae saying smthg a/b it earlier. how she is joining a certain challenge w/ pinkskates. HEY MONARAE!!! WHERE ARE YOU? LOL. CAN YOU POSSIBLY POST THE LINK TO THAT CHALLENGE??? TIA

I switch my wheatgerm brand and I like it better.
I was using the Fearns, now Bob's Red Mill. It is lighter and finer than the
Fearns. It actually provided more thickening for the shake. It took less time for the wheatgerm to fall to the bottom of the glass as well.

I switch my wheatgerm brand and I like it better.
I was using the Fearns, now Bob's Red Mill. It is lighter and finer than the
Fearns. It actually provided more thickening for the shake. It took less time for the wheatgerm to fall to the bottom of the glass as well.
I use it too, it's great! It has a better taste than other raw wheat germs, too. I must agree...i bought it online, now if only i can find it in stores...no worry, i bought 3 bags...pj-ism, for life!:rolleyes:

i was thinking the same thing. my regular egg cocktail in the morning and maybe some type of spinach shake for lunch. I remember monarae saying smthg a/b it earlier. how she is joining a certain challenge w/ pinkskates. HEY MONARAE!!! WHERE ARE YOU? LOL. CAN YOU POSSIBLY POST THE LINK TO THAT CHALLENGE??? TIA

Here you go! Pinkskates Fitness Challenge. I am more focus on the food and I try to exercise when I feel up to up.

YUM!

I made my shake with:

3 ice cubes
1 frozen banana
Vanilla or Original Rice Milk
2 tbs raw wheat germ
1 tbs lecithin
1 egg

Taste like a banana shake and oh, so yummy.
I had two shakes today and some raw carrots for lunch.

How'd you feel? Was it what you expected? Wait about a week and you'll feel awesome.

Actually with that tablespoon of nesquick, the shake is delicous!:lick: I want to drink more for lunch and even snack, but I need to get some more vanilla soy before this snow storm:nono: hits CO.
oh and I got some frozen strawberries too!

Back