*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
I haven't noticed any major spurts yet, but I just feel better in general. In a way, i won't feel salty if I don't get any crazy spurts, I know that my overall health is being improved so I'll be cool with that.

I'm going to stop taking MT for now and just focus on internal methods, the smoothie obviously included. I really want to be able to pinpoint what attributed to any future growth.

I understand. I have an almost full bottle so I don't want to waste it. Not sure if I am going to get it again since I can never remember to put it on. Bottle is still half full and I purchased it at the end of summer.

I haven't noticed any major spurts yet, but I just feel better in general. In a way, i won't feel salty if I don't get any crazy spurts, I know that my overall health is being improved so I'll be cool with that.

I'm going to stop taking MT for now and just focus on internal methods, the smoothie obviously included. I really want to be able to pinpoint what attributed to any future growth.

My scalp and roots look lucsious! After I re-braind my hair last nite I too a good look and the hair and scalp and I was like :wow: is that my hair! Honestly I was shocked!!!!!

Sounds interesting! "Egg creams" are all the rage on many low carb forums. Through all of the discussions, it's believed that the risk of salmonella is little to none if you either boil the egg for 10 seconds or clean the egg with vinegar before proceeding with blending. Either of these methods effectively kills the salmonella on the outside of the egg, which is where the salmonella bacteria resides.

The shakes are darned tasty and frothy, too! A basic chocolate recipe is below. I've tried a cold chocolate one that tastes like a milkshake and an orange cream one that tastes a bit like an orange creamsicle. If they're gonna grow my hair maybe I'll make them a part of my plan... A lot of people on the low carb boards like them because they keep hunger at bay and are a nutritious power punch in a low amount of calories.

Egg Cream Frappuccino
Hummingbird11's Recipe

2-3 organic free-range/cage-free eggs (fresh!)
1/2 cup crushed ice
6-8 oz coffee (brewed strong & chilled overnight)
1 Tbsp Torani or DaVinci SF syrup (any flavor! - I use chocolate)
(or instead of SF syrup: 1 Tbsp WonderCocoa + 1 pkg Truvia or NuNaturals NoCarbs Blend*)
1 Tbsp melted EVCO (organic extra [URL="http://www.netrition.com/cgi/product_categories_display.cgi?categories=COCO"]virgin [URL="http://www.netrition.com/cgi/product_categories_display.cgi?categories=COCO"]coconut oil[/URL][/URL])

blend/froth eggs first
(makes it fluffy!)

add the rest of the ingredients (except EVCO)
blend/froth again

add melted EVCO last (so it won't "clump")
blend/froth again

ENJOY your yummy, creamy & filling chocolate/coffee milkshake!
love.gif

Sounds interesting! "Egg creams" are all the rage on many low carb forums. Through all of the discussions, it's believed that the risk of salmonella is little to none if you either boil the egg for 10 seconds or clean the egg with vinegar before proceeding with blending. Either of these methods effectively kills the salmonella on the outside of the egg, which is where the salmonella bacteria resides.

The shakes are darned tasty and frothy, too! A basic chocolate recipe is below. I've tried a cold chocolate one that tastes like a milkshake and an orange cream one that tastes a bit like an orange creamsicle. If they're gonna grow my hair maybe I'll make them a part of my plan... A lot of people on the low carb boards like them because they keep hunger at bay and are a nutritious power punch in a low amount of calories.

Egg Cream Frappuccino
Hummingbird11's Recipe

2-3 organic free-range/cage-free eggs (fresh!)
1/2 cup crushed ice
6-8 oz coffee (brewed strong & chilled overnight)
1 Tbsp Torani or DaVinci SF syrup (any flavor! - I use chocolate)
(or instead of SF syrup: 1 Tbsp WonderCocoa + 1 pkg Truvia or NuNaturals NoCarbs Blend*)
1 Tbsp melted EVCO (organic extra [URL="http://www.netrition.com/cgi/product_categories_display.cgi?categories=COCO"]virgin [URL="http://www.netrition.com/cgi/product_categories_display.cgi?categories=COCO"]coconut oil[/URL][/URL])

blend/froth eggs first
(makes it fluffy!)

add the rest of the ingredients (except EVCO)
blend/froth again

add melted EVCO last (so it won't "clump")
blend/froth again

ENJOY your yummy, creamy & filling chocolate/coffee milkshake!
love.gif

Sounds good and makes alot of sense. The cocktail definitely keeps hunger at bay...wow, orange...i've put sugar free choco syrup in my drink, so i know it helps, thanks for this! This could be my mid-day pick me up...especially with Coffee! :lick::lick:

Just make my first smoothie. Should I be this excited? Anyway, it definetly needs some fruit added. The taste isn't bad but it would be delish with some fruit:yep:. Fruit with some crushed ice would be yuuuuummy. I can just imagine:lick:.

Did anybody else feel like Rocky when they cracked that egg over the blender:lachen:?

Ladies is it me or am I actually sleeping better? I know I feel better overall. I feel more rested when I wake up and feel like I'm sleeping deeper sometimes. When I was on the whey a few weeks ago I felt the same way I do now on the soy. Is anyone noticing anything different with their sleeping? Maybe it's a false alarm.:ohwell:

Just make my first smoothie. Should I be this excited? Anyway, it definetly needs some fruit added. The taste isn't bad but it would be delish with some fruit:yep:. Fruit with some crushed ice would be yuuuuummy. I can just imagine:lick:.

Did anybody else feel like Rocky when they cracked that egg over the blender:lachen:?

Lol I'm about to make my first one too, every time I think of drinking raw eggs that song is the first thing to pop in my head! :lachen:

Sure ya right.

quote=Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll;6383927]~ It takes Wisdom to know Wisdom, right, Yodie ~[/quote]

Howdy,

I am getting ready to make the pineapple blend. I am just using pineapple juice correct and the rest of the ingredients...right?

Howdy,

I am getting ready to make the pineapple blend. I am just using pineapple juice correct and the rest of the ingredients...right?

Well Puff I use it with my soy powder. Idk how egg and pineapple juice will taste. But I'm guessing it might be ok since pineapple is so sweet. If it doesn't taste too healthy just chugg it down and chalk it up to experience. Hope it goes well tho.

Btw, I did a mix of soy powder, OJ and PJ today. It was YUM:lick:.

I had to add ice and sugar to mine so I could manage to drink it all. It made a LOT of shake. I'm still working on it right now. It tastes pretty weird, I'm not sure what it is that's making it taste weird though. maybe the wheat germ? It probably just needs a citrusy taste added to it to cancel out that natural/healthy/woody taste lol. I'm excited though. :yep:

Ladies I just had an idea. I was just thinking about my acidophilous capsules and how maybe I should add it to my mix. Acidophilous aids in digestion and better absortion of nutrients as well as fighting off yeast infection:yep:. So why not? It can be bought in pill and capsule form at phramacies and supermarkets and at healthfood stores in the same form as well as liquid form. So is anyone up for this?:grin:

I also don't feel like popping anymore pills so I'll just open up my capsules and pour the powder into my shake.

Here are some links:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS302&q=benefits+of+acidophilus+absorb+nutrients

http://www.dancingalgae.com/acidophiluspage.html

http://herbalmusings.com/benefits-of-probiotics.htm

https://www.amazines.com/Absorption_(digestive)_related.html

http://naturalmedicine.suite101.com/article.cfm/acidophilus_benefits

Well Puff I use it with my soy powder. Idk how egg and pineapple juice will taste. But I'm guessing it might be ok since pineapple is so sweet. If it doesn't taste too healthy just chugg it down and chalk it up to experience. Hope it goes well tho.

Not very good that's how:lachen: I did not get a response back so in went the egg. I had everything in it...raw wheatgerm, flaxseed, wheatgerm oil, egg and soy powder. I wasn't exactly yucky, just something that I could not get used to drinking.

Btw, I did a mix of soy powder, OJ and PJ today. It was YUM:lick:.

Ladies I just had an idea. I was just thinking about my acidophilous capsules and how maybe I should add it to my mix. Acidophilous aids in digestion and better absortion of nutrients as well as fighting off yeast infection:yep:. So why not? It can be bought in pill and capsule form at phramacies and supermarkets and at healthfood stores in the same form as well as liquid form. So is anyone up for this?:grin:

I've been taking a probiotic for a couple of years. It would be a good idea to pop that sucker open and take it like that. I belive it comes in a liquid form too, that would be even easier.:yep:

:look: I wasn't gonna say anything...but I know exactly what you ladies mean and I SO admire you for that one Br*nze. :yep:[/QUOTE]

Bronze is gracious. I was like, "please don't let no eggs crack in this thread." Definitely great energy in here. You ladies are wonderful!

I'm about to get on the egg smoothie right now.

C'mon in sister..

:look: I wasn't gonna say anything...but I know exactly what you ladies mean and I SO admire you for that one Br*nze. :yep:

Bronze is gracious. I was like, "please don't let no eggs crack in this thread." Definitely great energy in here. You ladies are wonderful!

I'm about to get on the egg smoothie right now.[/quote]

Ladies is it me or am I actually sleeping better? I know I feel better overall. I feel more rested when I wake up and feel like I'm sleeping deeper sometimes. When I was on the whey a few weeks ago I felt the same way I do now on the soy. Is anyone noticing anything different with their sleeping? Maybe it's a false alarm.:ohwell:
GSista, i think i must agree with you, i'm sleeping like a log... i've been keeping late hours, when i went to bed at my normal time, i did wake up feeling ready to take on the world....so you are not just dreaming about sleep improvement....
Howdy,

yes, mam, and y'all are making me wanna pour some in my cocktail, too....ooh you guys are doing it up!

Btw, I did a mix of soy powder, OJ and PJ today. It was YUM:lick:. i knew it. i knew it....do you know how much these drinks cost retail? Think of the money we're saving while saving our hair, too!

I had to add ice and sugar to mine so I could manage to drink it all. It made a LOT of shake. I'm still working on it right now. It tastes pretty weird, I'm not sure what it is that's making it taste weird though. maybe the wheat germ? It probably just needs a citrusy taste added to it to cancel out that natural/healthy/woody taste lol. I'm excited though. :yep:
yeah, it tastes like leaves and twigs, kinda, huh? smells like it, too...you can't help but believe you're getting healthier by drinking this stuff. lol!

Thanks, ladies. I think our thread is awesome. We are only here to encourage and support. You guys are so kind and so gracious and so ladylike. I enjoy interacting with each of you everyday. I was a true "B*mbshell" at one time, and I've grown to know better....so thanks for appreciating the new and improved "Blessed Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll"....

Is it normal to feel kind of nauseous the first time you have this drink? I felt great at first, then I started to get hungry and felt dizzy, ate dinner (probably a bit too much food), and now I feel nauseous. I don't think I'm actually going to throw up, but it's pretty uncomfortable. Anybody else have this reaction? :perplexed:

Is it normal to feel kind of nauseous the first time you have this drink? I felt great at first, then I started to get hungry and felt dizzy, ate dinner (probably a bit too much food), and now I feel nauseous. I don't think I'm actually going to throw up, but it's pretty uncomfortable. Anybody else have this reaction? :perplexed:

I had a similar reaction except vomiting. I felt nauseous, and got the chills and the bubble guts. I'm afraid of the egg. I can't afford to get sick. I have no health insurance so I use soy powder and juice or milk, no wheatgerm. And I'm not going neat wheatgerm oil ever again although I'm sure I threw up b/c it was rancid. I'm still not gonna chance it. Also someone in this thread said that oil and vitamins don't mix.

Did you wait two hours to eat?

I have also noticed that I've been sleeping better as well. I haven't had any nauseous feelings after drinking but I hope it gets better for you Prose Princess. I added the wheat germ oil today and couldn't drink my shake. It just made it taste bitter or something. I don't know but I just couldn't drink it all...most of it though. I think I will leave that out from now on but I don't know what else to do with it. That bottle cost me almost $8!

I have also noticed that I've been sleeping better as well. I haven't had any nauseous feelings after drinking but I hope it gets better for you Prose Princess. I added the wheat germ oil today and couldn't drink my shake. It just made it taste bitter or something. I don't know but I just couldn't drink it all...most of it though. I think I will leave that out from now on but I don't know what else to do with it. That bottle cost me almost $8!

Maybe you could try putting it in your dc? But don't put alot. That stuff is oily as heck. I once poured about 2 ozs in my dc and it was a thick, oily, greasy nightmare. I suggest about a teaspoon or less. Try and see of it's put to good use that way. If not maybe you can try lotions maybe? Just putting some stuff out there for ya. Hope you find some good use for it.

One bottle of wheat germ oil ($8) I brought gave my shake a very bad taste and I now use that bottle for my hair. I believe the ones on the shelf are not meant to be ingested but o the ones found in the fridge works better for the shake. That one cost me $14 and when I ran out I never replaced it b/c it cost to much to replace every 2 weeks. Flaxseed is cheaper and is great for the skin and hair.

I felt nauseous the first day. It felt like a lot of things were shifting and moving around in my stomach. I think part of it was my own nervousness in knowing what I was drinking. It's been about 4 days for me, and I haven't had that feeling since the first day. Maybe your stomach was a bit nervous too. See how you feel after another time or two, and if it you still feel nauseous, then reevaluate some of the ingredients---take out the oil or something to see how you feel. HTH a bit.

Back