*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
If we add and subtract from the original ingredients and directions, aren't we effecting the purpose of the drink? Just curious.....

Normally I am all for exercise but right now I’m just not in the mood for all that jumping around. My weight gain is from what I’m eating so I will focus on that for right now.

If I continue to eat they way I’m eating and exercise for 2 week I’m sure I will lose a few pounds but as soon as I stop they will come right back. But if I focus on my intake and maintain it until I’m ready to exercise I will come out a lot better.

Thanks LadyofVirtue!

I definetely stop gaining once I monitor my intake. Whenever I exercise, I loose.

I've been using whey protein powder in my shake for the last 2 weeks. Suddenly I've been feeling a little heavier. Wonder if the protein powder is adding more muscle or bulk.

Dang!!

Loved the taste and that it made my shake thicker.

Does anyone use a non protein powder in their shake?

Yall I'm psyched that my skin is glowing.

Men who want to gain weight drink protein shakes!

I've been using whey protein powder in my shake for the last 2 weeks. Suddenly I've been feeling a little heavier. Wonder if the protein powder is adding more muscle or bulk.

Dang!!

Does anyone use a non protein powder in their shake?

How is your clothing feeling though? Muscles weight more than fats. So you may weight more but are not gaining weight. The extra muscles is suppose to help you burn more fat.

If we add and subtract from the original ingredients and directions, aren't we effecting the purpose of the drink? Just curious.....

Yes, it will affect the effects of the shake but there are special situation stated in the book (Dale Alexander) where he explains that if you are unable to tolerate any of the ingredients there are alternates.

My body is not accepting one of the ingredients so I need to weed it out and once I find it I will work on an alternative. I believe it’s the raw wheat germ b/c I’m allergic to gluten. I’m not having any serious reactions but the fact that I’m gaining weight is a negative reaction. If it is the raw wheat germ then I will just use the wheat germ oil. Currently I am using Flaxseed oil b/c the wheat germ is pricy!

Glad you asked this questions b/c people need to know that there are alternatives.

Last edited:
Yes, it will affect the effects of the shake but there are special situation stated in the book (Dale Alexander) where he explains that if you are unable to tolerate any of the ingredients there are alternates.

My body is not accepting one of the ingredients so I need to weed it out and once I find it I will work on an alternative. I believe it’s the raw wheat germ b/c I’m allergic to gluten. I’m not having any serious reactions but the fact that I’m gaining weight is a negative reaction. If it is the raw wheat germ then I will just use the wheat germ oil. Currently I am using Flaxseed oil b/c the wheat germ is pricy!

Glad you asked this questions b/c people need to know that there are alternatives.

So flaxseed can be substituted for Weatgerm? I'd much rather use flaxseed because of the health benefits.

No I just use it b/c it fits my budget. But if the raw wheat germ is the cause of my weight gain then I will have to bit the bullet and get it. Flaxseed oil has many wonderful benefits and beautiful skin is one of them.

How is your clothing feeling though? Muscles weight more than fats. So you may weight more but are not gaining weight. The extra muscles is suppose to help you burn more fat.

Overall I feel muscular. My thighs and butt are plumping up some. I feel heavier, but not fat like, just like I've been lifting weights and I haven't.

Are there any powder substitutes that I can add to thicken my shake?

So, is it good to continue with the protein in hopes of gaining lean muscle to fight off some fat or should I run?

DANG!!!! I checked around and it sure is. I can feel the difference in my body. I'm working out (just started back up again) and I feel very heavy.

Are any ladies using a none-protein powder for their shakes?

Yes Yodie that whey is making you gain weight. It's not muscle, unless you're exercising. I gained alot of weight in the two weeks I used it. I'm trying to lose it and that was since about 5 weeks ago.

I may try this...the only thing I'm not sure ill be diggin is the raw egg. I will try though.
You'll be cool with the raw egg, trust us...i think everyone has done well with it, except maybe 1 person? But the percentages are high that you won't have a prob.

Since I'm doing the powder with OJ I'm wondering how it will taste with raw wheat germ? If it's nasty I'll gulp it down that one time and never do it again and just my alternative of soy milk and raw wheat germ as a seperate shake. Maybe for the night time. So that will make a total of 3 shakes for the day: ensure, soy powder and OJ, and sow milk and raw wheat germ.
girl, you are putting down some shakes! That should slim you down big-time! Are you trying to lose weight, too? When i substitute 2 meals for shakes, i usually drop pounds....quickly. I may start this again.

I've been using whey protein powder in my shake for the last 2 weeks. Suddenly I've been feeling a little heavier. Wonder if the protein powder is adding more muscle or bulk.Try soy protein powder. I will do this bcs i added pounds, too. I dropped the milk and now i use soymilk like i did at first....soy is lighter and will not cause the bulking...whey just tastes soo much better. It was also help thicken your drinks, for all those who were concerned.

Dang!!

Does anyone use a non protein powder in their shake? yeah, wheat germ...lol! i know you didn't want to hear that....

i'm psyched that you're psyched...i'm psyched about my skin, too...

Beautiful skin and extra weight. Ladies we got to figure this out b/c I'm not giving up my drink! NEVER! If I got to break it down to milk egg and fruit for my shake I will. try soy protein powder, mona, it will take off that extra weight...

I will first try removing the raw wheat germ. keep the wheat germ, it's not causing your weight gain....if anything it is helping your digestion...which could lead to weight loss. I know its not the soy nope, it's not. it's the whey protein powder b/c I've been drinking it for years nor the eggs. My experiment starts tomorrow and I will try this for 1 week.

yes, i think it does affect the purpose of the drink in some ways, so i try to stick to the original recipe. ofcourse, now that i add protein powder, i've tweaked it. but the book does state substitutions due to intolerance of certain foodstuffs.

i'm psyched that you're psyched...i'm psyched about my skin, too...

I use the wheat germ now. No problems at all. Guess that thickens the shake up a bit. I'll skip the protein powder and stick to my fruit, lecithin, wheat germ, egg, and rice milk. Guess I don't really need to add a powder to my drink at all.

girl, you are putting down some shakes! That should slim you down big-time! Are you trying to lose weight, too? When i substitute 2 meals for shakes, i usually drop pounds....quickly. I may start this again.

:lachen:Girl Idk about the slim down cuz I'm not subbing meals but I do eat alot of green leafies. I don't do carbs. I think I'm getting enough from the shakes. I just eat meat and lotttts of veges. It's filling yet not bulky, I have more energy and don't get the itis after I eat. I'm trying the same thing I did a few weeks ago: eat my 3 meals, 8 glasses water, vitamins, and any excess should go to my hair and skin, then my body should discard anything else it doesn't need. I exercise but I don't see significant loss tho. I feel like I'm at a standstill. Oh well it's better then gaining more weight, I think.

Okay, I'm drinking my concoction now. When I cracked the egg, I couldn't look in my blender, and I had to keep singing "Jesus loves me" while doing it. I usually love the way my smoothies taste, but it's just okay now. I think that wheatgerm oil is strong. It's not super bad, but I can taste it. And my smoothie has a different consistency--kind of thick yet watery--if that makes any sense.

I think in a few days, I'll be okay. It's the initial shock of my mind knowing all too well what I'm drinking. My stomach feels a little bit queasy--slightly, but that might just be my nerves.

guyanesesista--do you mind sharing some of the meals you eat?

I add greens to my shakes, so I get a lot of greens for the most part that way. Just curious if you steam your greens and what other veggies you eat.

:lachen:Girl Idk about the slim down cuz I'm not subbing meals but I do eat alot of green leafies. I don't do carbs. I think I'm getting enough from the shakes. I just eat meat and lotttts of veges. It's filling yet not bulky, I have more energy and don't get the itis after I eat. I'm trying the same thing I did a few weeks ago: eat my 3 meals, 8 glasses water, vitamins, and any excess should go to my hair and skin, then my body should discard anything else it doesn't need. I exercise but I don't see significant loss tho. I feel like I'm at a standstill. Oh well it's better then gaining more weight, I think.

guyanesesista--do you mind sharing some of the meals you eat?

I add greens to my shakes, so I get a lot of greens for the most part that way. Just curious if you steam your greens and what other veggies you eat.

Oh my meals? Girl let's just say that if I'm gonna eat stewed chicken, instead of eating it with rice I'll throw in some brocolli, carrots, lettuce, string beans, etc. Basically anything that's on hand. Idc if it's chicken and callaloo, I'll eat it with greens. I know it's greens on greens but oh well. So in a nut shell, any regular meal that I'd eat with rice or bread, I sub the 2 with veges. I'll elaborate more if you'd like. I'm off to school, catch you ladies later.

ETA: I eat 95% of my greens raw

Okay, I'm drinking my concoction now. When I cracked the egg, I couldn't look in my blender, and I had to keep singing "Jesus loves me" while doing it. I usually love the way my smoothies taste, but it's just okay now. I think that wheatgerm oil is strong. It's not super bad, but I can taste it. And my smoothie has a different consistency--kind of thick yet watery--if that makes any sense.

I think in a few days, I'll be okay. It's the initial shock of my mind knowing all too well what I'm drinking. My stomach feels a little bit queasy--slightly, but that might just be my nerves.
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Thank you!!!! This sounds great. I miss callaloo. The veggies are a good substitution for the rice. Thanks again.

Oh my meals? Girl let's just say that if I'm gonna eat stewed chicken, instead of eating it with rice I'll throw in some brocolli, carrots, lettuce, string beans, etc. Basically anything that's on hand. Idc if it's chicken and callaloo, I'll eat it with greens. I know it's greens on greens but oh well. So in a nut shell, any regular meal that I'd eat with rice or bread, I sub the 2 with veges. I'll elaborate more if you'd like. I'm off to school, catch you ladies later.

ETA: I eat 95% of my greens raw

My stomach still feels a bit funny--like stuff is dropping in order to be released soon. :look: Sorry. It could be the flaxmeal trying to bring stuff out. :look:

Ladee--I was just seeing if you continued and if your stomach was okay the next few times after the initial day.

Do you ladies think it might be the flaxseed meal and the wheatgerm oil that I added trying to push things through?

I tried this shake today for the firsts time and as soon as I finished it I started feeling sooooo nauseous and disoriented. My stomach feels like it's bubbling and everything wants to come back up.

is this normal for day one?

Wheres a cabbage patch dance smilie when you need it? My egg white powder, MSM, and Omega 3-6-9 just arrived..woohoo! I can't wait to make a smoothie now~minus Msm of course.

My stomach still feels a bit funny--like stuff is dropping in order to be released soon. :look: Sorry. It could be the flaxmeal trying to bring stuff out. :look:

Ladee--I was just seeing if you continued and if your stomach was okay the next few times after the initial day.

Do you ladies think it might be the flaxseed meal and the wheatgerm oil that I added trying to push things through?

I think so for sure! Without getting too TMI, when I am on the smoothie with the regular, I am oh so regular..my pipes begin to whistle they are so clean lol :look:

Wheres a cabbage patch dance smilie when you need it? My egg white powder, MSM, and Omega 3-6-9 just arrived..woohoo! I can't wait to make a smoothie now~minus Msm of course.

I add MSM to my shake and I'm all the better for it. As a matter of fact I throw all my vitamins in there. :yep:

I think in a few days, I'll be okay. It's the initial shock of my mind knowing all too well what I'm drinking. My stomach feels a little bit queasy--you'll be fine, that's typical, it's really a mental thing, ya know? slightly, but that might just be my nerves.
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:I've got a really good visual of this, tallnomad, thank you for that pick me up!!!

I don't have the wheat germ oil, just the wheat germ.:blush: Do you have to have the germ oil for the benefits?:sad:

I'm interested in joining this challenge as well but I have a couple of questions....is anyone else that is drinking this shake also take fish, flax, borage oil? And if so what is the effect on the digestive system. Between the EFA thread and this one I keep reading about that specific effect and wondered if combining the two would keep me in the bathroom most of the time. Thanks in advance!

I'm interested in joining this challenge as well but I have a couple of questions....is anyone else that is drinking this shake also take fish, flax, borage oil? And if so what is the effect on the digestive system. Between the EFA thread and this one I keep reading about that specific effect and wondered if combining the two would keep me in the bathroom most of the time. :blush:Thanks in advance!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
I think you should be okay. I've taken the supplements and i've added flax oil to my cocktail, with great results, so you'll be good to go...okay, excuse the pun.:rolleyes:

I had an 8am class today and had to do a presentation and it was nonstop the rest of the day. So, I'm late and about to make it now.

But, I kid you not--from the smoothie I had yesterday at around 12noon, I had one meal--risotto around 4 pm, and I didn't eat anything else all day execpt a handful of almonds and a few cornchips. Then this morning, I had a few more almonds and didn't eat anything until noon. I wasn't hungry at all! So, I'm definitely a believer in this raw egg being a complete protein because I wasn't even hungry when I ate. I was basically just eating to eat.

Back