*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
I plan on drinking the egg shake with meals in hopes that it will help me gain weight. I've been under a lot of stressed so I lost some of the weight that I tried so hard to gain. I love what the egg shake does for my skin. I'm not sure if it has done any for my hair because I'm still in braids.

are you getting that glowy moisturised skin?

some days, i need no moisturiser..

my hair also never gets dry.

my appetite is low, which i love...

I found this book, "The Natural Way to Super Beauty," at a fleamarket, and was hooked. I had to get it, it sums me up in sooo many ways. It was all of 50 cents. As some of you may know, I am healed of alopecia and on the path to regain 7 times what the devil stole from me. Literally. Anyway, this book was written in the 70s and was way ahead of its time. The author gives information regarding natural remedies for skin, hair, weight, etc, - the benefits of sulfur, protein, ph balancing, you name it. She refers to a recipe for regrowing thick, lush hair. I have enclosed it below.

This recipe comes from the book, "How I Stopped Growing Bald and Started Growing Hair," I tried this drink for about two months 4 years ago. I happened upon an old photo and I thought, "Man my hair looked gorgeous! So long, lushfully thick, full and shiny! What was I doing then?" Then I remembered it was the time when I was drinking this shake daily. You know how sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees? Well, I think that sums up how I could not see how gorgeous my own hair was for always looking at someone else's. I'd get compliments daily and just roll my eyes, like, do you see these split endz? Lesson learned ~ to appreciate what God blessed you with...

Anyway, I thought I'd share it, because it is also helpful in those dealing with hairloss. That's what led me to find LHCF, so I give this back to you with love.

I pray that you guys find much benefit from it and it rejuvenates, replenishes and restores your follicles and blesses you from the top of your head to the very soles of your feet!

Hair Cocktail Ingredients:
3/4 glass of whole milk (I used SilkSoy Vanilla)
1 raw egg
1 tblspn raw wheat germ oil
2 tblspns raw wheat germ
for flavor, you may add a piece of fruit in season

blend at low speed for thirty to sixty seconds. drink this blended mixture promptly. this drink should serve as your complete breakfast. do not eat or drink anything else for two hours after drinking this mixture. keep all ingredients refrigerated until use. once you notice the changes in your hair you may cut down on the daily intake of the hair cocktail and take it only twice a week. ofcourse, since it is a healthful drink, you may prefer to continue taking it indefinitely.

Believe it or not, the drink was not so bad. Even the raw egg bit :sad:. It really just tasted like a protein shake. I felt energized after taking it and I think I buffed up and slimmed down. So there you have it. I will start this new regimen on Monday, October 5th.

Be Blessed, I am!
~*Br*nze*~

for more info...see post #2 & #4

Hi :)!
This sounds beyond interesting! I have to try this.
I just have a few questions(i was too lazy to read all the pages ! lol..)

Can i do anything to avoid not gaining weight?
I gain weight really easy as it is :(
I plan on using:
Almond milk or youghurt or already blended organic fruit and veggie juices and add honey, fresh fruits, wheat germ oil, wheat germ, brewerst yeast powder, and 2 pasturiseret eggs (i dont know how to spell it in english :(, but you know what i mean right??)
not all in one drink but always the egg off course and the milk and wheat germ.
do you think its too much? any other suggestions?
I dont want to bulk up or anything :(
and also.. how often should i drink it?
i takel alot of vitamins already so would it be overkill for my body?
thanks ladies!

Hi LANGT~ Welcome to our Nest!

First of all, i think if you took all of that in a drink it would be okay. The yogurt is a great add, however, i think it may bulk you up.

Trying veggie juice sounds like a good idea, too. Choose a liquid and try it with the other ingredients. I'd try it without yogurt for now. I know brewer's yeast is powerful stuff. I've used it but the taste is :perplexed. Let us know how it goes, try one recipe for a few weeks before you move on.

If the taste is off, just tweak it a bit, but it's really surprisingly delightful.

Hi :)!
This sounds beyond interesting! I have to try this.
I just have a few questions(i was too lazy to read all the pages ! lol..)

Can i do anything to avoid not gaining weight?
I gain weight really easy as it is :(
I plan on using:
Almond milk or youghurt or already blended organic fruit and veggie juices and add honey, fresh fruits, wheat germ oil, wheat germ, brewerst yeast powder, and 2 pasturiseret eggs (i dont know how to spell it in english :(, but you know what i mean right??)
not all in one drink but always the egg off course and the milk and wheat germ.
do you think its too much? any other suggestions?
I dont want to bulk up or anything :(
and also.. how often should i drink it?
i takel alot of vitamins already so would it be overkill for my body?
thanks ladies!

hi again !
uhm so you dont think i should try different ones?
like say a friut one on one day and veggie the next?
any other food i should avoid?
is it true you people are getting bigger behinda and firmer breast? :O
and have you seen any difference in your hair already?
can i drink one shake everyday?
what do you mean by powerful with the brewerst yeast?
i know its very high in protein so thats a good things right?
will it be too much or just make it better?
can i still take alot of vitamins on the side?

i think I might try this for a while. I need a breakfast drink. Can you get wheatgerm from the grocery store?

hi again !
uhm so you dont think i should try different ones?
like say a friut one on one day and veggie the next? No no, that should be fine. i was just stating that you could stick to one recipe to see which recipe is most effective.
any other food i should avoid? not that i can think of.
is it true you people are getting bigger behinda and firmer breast? :O yep, firmer boobs and buns.
and have you seen any difference in your hair already? definitely. i make my year anniversary this month. i have a new head of hair, PTL!!
can i drink one shake everyday? most def. if you are looking for major results and fast, daily is the way to go.
what do you mean by powerful with the brewerst yeast?brewer's yeast is chock full of nutrients and vitamins. it's a one-stop shop for protein, aminos, b-vitamins, etc...
i know its very high in protein so thats a good things right? the protein is what gives it punch.
will it be too much or just make it better? i don't think it'll be overkill, but it depends on your body, your toleration and what other supplements you're taking.
can i still take alot of vitamins on the side?
mos def. i take l-cysteine, msm, a women's multi...it won't hurt anything, it'll only help.

Yep, you sure can. Look in the cereal aisle, where the grains are kept. I use Bob's Red Mill raw wheat germ, about $3. I used to use the one in the bottle, Kretschmer (sp), it cost more, it's toasted and you get less (but it tastes better and not as nutritious).

i think I might try this for a while. I need a breakfast drink. Can you get wheatgerm from the grocery store?

are you getting that glowy moisturised skin?

some days, i need no moisturiser..

my hair also never gets dry.

my appetite is low, which i love...

Yes my skin is moisturized and glowing.:yep: My legs don't even get ashy anymore.:lol:

Hi LANGT~ Welcome to our Nest!

First of all, i think if you took all of that in a drink it would be okay. The yogurt is a great add, however, i think it may bulk you up.

Trying veggie juice sounds like a good idea, too. Choose a liquid and try it with the other ingredients. I'd try it without yogurt for now. I know brewer's yeast is powerful stuff. I've used it but the taste is :perplexed. Let us know how it goes, try one recipe for a few weeks before you move on.

If the taste is off, just tweak it a bit, but it's really surprisingly delightful.

Interesting...I'm thinking about adding Brewer's Yeast and yogurt for a better chance of weight gain. Thanks Br*nze

platinum - does brewerst yeast make you gain weight?
or are you using the youghurt for that?

Hello and :welcome2: LANGT. I've never used Brewer's yeast so I am going to do a little research on it. I don't use yogurt that often in my shake.

You may want to try using fat-free yogurt since you don't want to gain weight.

October 5th marks my anniversary with the cocktail. yaay!

I'd like to start a progress thread, but that would mean i'd need to do my hair this weekend...hmph.

**also, i reallllly don't wanna deal with the negativity...this forum can get so taxxxing sometimes. oh yeah, there's an ignore button, huh? i need to figure out how to use it.

Wow, Bronze. You're inspiring people everywhere to drink their way to waist length hair. There's a thread over at Indusladies.com about this thread. That's so cute - you're going to start a movement with this. :yep:

I truly felt this was the answer to my prayer...and i just wanted to give back to others ~ maybe they were praying for the same thing, too~

thanks for the support, LoveLiLi.

Ok, so I went to the store & picked up the wrong thing, so...

Can I use flaxseed oil & flaxseed in stead of wheat germ? They said it is good for the hair & skin. Just a question before I trek all the way back across town to whole foods.

Well, I used both at one time, as well...I ran out of wgo, so i used flaxseed oil...(i also added flaxseed - for a couple of months - just to see if it would help even more...i stopped after i ran out and i never used it again).

So, i would say, yes, use it - and when you get around to it, add the wheat germ.

Did that help?

Ok, so I went to the store & picked up the wrong thing, so...

Can I use flaxseed oil & flaxseed in stead of wheat germ? They said it is good for the hair & skin. Just a question before I trek all the way back across town to whole foods.

THANKS!!! :grin: I'll get the wheat germ my next trip. I was not looking to that 35 minute drive again tomorrow.

Well, I used both at one time, as well...I ran out of wgo, so i used flaxseed oil...(i also added flaxseed - for a couple of months - just to see if it would help even more...i stopped after i ran out and i never used it again).

So, i would say, yes, use it - and when you get around to it, add the wheat germ.

Did that help?

October 5th marks my anniversary with the cocktail. yaay!

I'd like to start a progress thread, but that would mean i'd need to do my hair this weekend...hmph.

**also, i reallllly don't wanna deal with the negativity...this forum can get so taxxxing sometimes. oh yeah, there's an ignore button, huh? i need to figure out how to use it.

a year already? :yay:

i think you should just keep your pics in this thread! :yep:

just cocktailed it :lick:

i notice when i do not fill up on water, i am very hungry at around 8pm...so i need to stick to my half gallon of water per day :)

I made my first cocktail this morning and it was not bad at all. Instead of adding milk & fruit & all that I simplified it...

Odwalla Vanilla Protien Monster (it already has the vanilla soy milk & fruit added)
Wheat Germ
Flaxseed Oil
Flaxseed
1 Raw Egg

It was pretty good. I also had extra energy this morning!

I did my first shake today and is wasn't bad. I used the exact recipe you gave and added frozen strawberrys and honey. I wasn't hungry for a while either. I did my usual walk for 30 to 45 minutes a day and I felt great. I cant wait for my hair to start taking effect. Ill keep yall posted.

Back