*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
I would not subject the lecithin to my weightloss but I will say that it has been very essential in my weight control. My food is processed better and my system is using my nutrients better because it is removing all of those sticky substances out of the way. I forgot tot ake it for a couple of weeks. I only remembered because I noticed that my body was acting kinda slugglish. I did not give credit to the lecithin at the time, but a few days after I started taking it again it improved, so I will definately make sure that I have lecithin in my system forever.

This is good to know, i just bought liquid lecithin from VitaminShoppe and Wheat Germ Oil, so i'm hyped**

I'm in! lol
I started yesterday so this was day 2 for me. I just do soymilk,organic egg and fruit blended. Its drinkable enough for me to continue. I am soooo NOT doing this for my hair. My hair is thick enough on its own (i would take some more length though) but I noticed the "other" benefits that have been reported :look:..and i'm hoping to get the same.
Great. Welcome, you'll see immediate benefits, wait a few days...let us know.

My appetite is through the roof! Is anyone else experiencing this?Fer sure! Like my stomach is growling now, my digestion is sooo much better! I love this. I think this is how people's body is supposed to function. I'm almost embarassed. How have I been living?

I fasted for the first time the day before I started this new regimen (Sabbath). I broke my fast with the shake - so I'm not sure if this is connected, but I cannot stop eating!
Thank God I can stop, but it's nice to eat on command, and not just because I want to, my body is telling me that I have to.

JUMPING ON THIS CHALLENGE WAGON!!

I actually started yesterday with the "drink" Any official rules to the game? Time frame? Check in dates?

**I read about the benefits of raw eggs, and must have been crazy to not have start swallowing earlier in life... **posted for your reading pleasure!!

Eggs are probably one of the most nutritious foods that easily find space on every supermarket shelf round the world. Apart from being inexpensive, they are delicious and packed with a wealth of essential components required by the body. In fact, they act as a nutritional powerhouse and can help the body to prevent as well as get rid of different ailments. Eating a raw egg is similar to consuming a good health tonic, whereas having boiled eggs is equally beneficent. Many people also love to poach or scramble eggs for breakfast, which too offers a wonderful nutritional package right in your plate. Read on to know more about eggs, including its nutritional value and health benefits. **See raw egg is not your ENEMY!!!!

Nutritional Value of Eggs

Enumerated below is the amount of nutrients present in a medium-sized egg (without shell)
  • Water - 38.8 g
  • Energy - 324 kJ/ 78 kcal
  • Protein - 6.5 g
  • Fat - 5.8 g
  • Inc saturated f.a - 1.7 g
  • Monounsaturated f.a - 2.3 g
  • Sodium - 72 mg
  • Potassium - 67 mg
  • Calcium - 29 mg
  • Phosphorus - 103 mg
  • Magnesium - 6.2 mg
  • Iron - 1.0 mg
  • Zinc - 0.7 mg
  • Copper - 0.04 mg
  • Iodine - 27 μg
  • Chlorine - 83 mg
  • Sulphur - 93 mg <<<<<GREAT HAIR, NAILS & SKIN
  • Selenium - 6 μg
  • Vitamin A - 98 μg
  • Vitamin D - 0.9 μ
  • Vitamin E - 0.57 mg
  • Thiamin (B1) - 0.05 mg
  • Riboflavin (B2) - 0.24 mg
  • Niacin - 0.05 mg
  • Vitamin B6 - 0.06 mg
  • Folate - 26 μg
  • Vitamin B12 - 1.3 μg
  • Biotin - 10 μg
Health & Nutritional Benefits of Eating Eggs
  • Eggs are rich source of high-quality protein and amino acids that are indispensable for a healthy body.
  • Due to presence of carotenoids like lutein and zeaxanthin, eggs check macular degeneration caused by ageing.
  • Eggs also defend and improve eyesight by preventing diseases like cataract.
  • Due to high vitamin D content, consuming eggs gives rise to strong and healthy bones.
  • Eggs are also rich sources of vitamin E that is important for combating free radicals and ensuring cell protection.
  • Eggs also contain phosphorus that helps in the development of healthy teeth and bones.
  • Iron present in eggs helps in the formation of red blood corpuscles (RBC’s) in the body.
  • Zinc present in eggs aids in normal functioning of the immune system.
  • Consuming eggs prevents different types of cancers, including breast cancer.
  • According to various researches, eggs facilitate weight loss and thus help to stay in shape.
  • Due to high sulphur content and presence of many vitamins and minerals, eating eggs helps in the promotion of healthy hair and nails.
  • Chlorine that forms an essential component of eggs, boosts memory power and brain functioning.
  • An important antioxidant called selenium is also found in eggs that curbs damages caused by unrestrained oxidation in the body, and thus prevents blood clots, strokes and heart attacks.
KNOWLEDGE=GROWING HAIR LONGGGGGGG & AND GAWGESS SKIN ;)

THANKS FOR STARTING THIS THREAD, NOW COME, COME, PLEASE WITH THE CHALLENGE DETAILS...OK, OK, I actually posted a challenge thread last night, after pouring over the details and getting it just "so", guess what? I hit the wrong key and it erased :ohwell::perplexed:sad: . So back to the drawing board...just bear with us on this one, and I'll get 'er done, promise~Keep posting and Welcome "((<<<<<<<BIG HUG>>>>>>))))

V

I want to acheive waist length, but raw Eggs? Good Luck, but no way for me..I can not even take a pill w/o gagging, I guess I am a wuss, LOL
Oh, Chasity, you're a big girl, now,aren't you, you're an LHCF-er, so I thought that meant you were a hard-core hair growing girl! Join us, this cocktail is a keeper~ :grin: You can do it. Look at all the fringe benefits...*^^^see earlier posts^^^*

Br*nze,

I have to thank you again for this thread. I was so serious when I said it was a God-send. I had prayed to God to restore my hair and bring it from this horrible, thin state. It had only been a couple of days since my prayer when I found your thread - and that's when the blessing started.

I had gone through a course of Accutane years ago and my hair has never been the same since. I spent years trying to correct the problem - but not truly understanding the root cause. Sometimes the problem would be worse than others.As a result I ended up covering the damage rather than correcting it. Your thread opened the door, to learning what the real culprit is. Once I started researching the ingredients for the cocktail things started to fall into place. Then another member mentioned Biotin and how the raw egg's protein bind to the biotin and reduces its availability to the body. That led me to research the role biotin plays in our overall health. I learned that biotin is a key component in the full and proper functioning of our sebaceous glands - the glands that produce oils for our skin and hair. I then learned that Accutane basically turns off the sebaceous glands by essentially limiting the availability of biotin in our bodies. This leads to hair loss. Bingo! I have now committed to your morning cocktail, an evening dose of Biotin and I will follow-up with B-Complex to help ward off acne. I really believe I have found the key and I thank you :)
SweetNic_JA~ I am so touched by your words, they mean so much to me, I think this cocktail is a blessing and for those who are willing to try it they, too will reap the rewards. I think it is especially meant for those battling hair loss. That's a very scary and unsettling thing. I wish that on no one. So trust me, I value what you are saying because I've been there, I know. This really gets deep when you treasured your hair or you've always been known to have beautiful hair, it's like you lose a part of yourself, your identity. I think for those who never had long and thick hair, you don't know what you're missing until it's gone. Does that makes sense? Anyway, thanks for your blessings again, and girl, go get that hair! God Promised, you, right? Receive The Promise~

Okay, still going strong. Ran out of fruit, so threw in sugar-free chocolate syrup, :lick:. I feel so good and LIGHT! This is wonderful for my system. I feel as though i've been detoxed. Any others feel the same? I really may up this to two a day...hopefully my sleep will not be affected..:yawn:

I upped it to 2 eggs and only use the yolk.
-also added 1/2 tsp molasses

it's really not has bad as I imagined.
i just measured my hair last night so
I'm ready to go the distance.

Okay, still going strong. Ran out of fruit, so threw in sugar-free chocolate syrup, :lick:. I feel so good and LIGHT! This is wonderful for my system. I feel as though i've been detoxed. Any others feel the same? I really may up this to two a day...hopefully my sleep will not be affected..:yawn:

:giggle: I did this last night a couple hours before bed. Slept like a baby.

I upped it to 2 eggs and only use the yolk.
-also added 1/2 tsp molasses

it's really not has bad as I imagined.
i just measured my hair last night so
I'm ready to go the distance.
We're racing off to get waistlength hair~ awesome...also, there is some research that shows it is better to use the entire egg, instead of just yolks. Try checking that out and see which will work better for you and bring the max results, okay?

Bumping......just bought the Natural Way book.
you will keep that book 4-ever, it will be your pride n joy...taped and stapled to keep in all intact.

:giggle: I did this last night a couple hours before bed. Slept like a baby.
thanx, i wouldn't want to disturb hubby with all that, ya know gurgling and stuff.. .hee hee

We're racing off to get waistlength hair~ awesome...also, there is some research that shows it is better to use the entire egg, instead of just yolks. Try checking that out and see which will work better for you and bring the max results, okay?

[/COLOR]

Can you send me a link on that?
I couldn't find enough info when I checked.

thanks

Can you send me a link on that?
I couldn't find enough info when I checked.

thanks
Here's an article. No link required.

I'm sure you've heard it before. When you think of a "health freak," you don't think of someone eating egg yolks and discarding the white.
Think again.

Egg Nutrition: Yolk vs. White

Egg yolks are indeed full of cholesterol. Like most cholesterol-rich foods, they are jam-packed full of important nutrients, especially the fat-soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids. In fact, the slew of nutrients in an egg yolk is so comprehensive that a few a day would offer better insurance than a multi-vitamin. Most importantly, the yolk contains most of the nutrients in an egg.
Egg whites, on the other hand, contain far fewer nutrients. The only thing that could justify their consumption is their attachment to their companion yolk.
Don't believe it? Below is a table that compares the nutritional value of egg whites and yolks, with data provided by the USDA. I've included additional analysis in the last two columns that provides the percentage of the total nutrition found in the yolk and the percentage of total nutrition found in the white.

Table 1: Egg Yolks Versus Egg Whites

<DIV class=Section1><DIV align=center>
<B>Nutrient

Here's an article that is quite interesting....

I'm sure you've heard it before. When you think of a "health freak," you don't think of someone eating egg yolks and discarding the white.
Think again.

Finding The Right Kind of Eggs

Pastured eggs, meaning eggs from chickens that are free to forage for grass and insects, are of much higher nutritional quality than eggs from confinement chickens. The marginal increase in value, of course, is found mostly in the yolk.

Insects provide a higher DHA content, found exclusive in the yolk, and grass provides a higher vitamin E and carotene content, also found exclusively in the yolk. Egg yolks from pastured chickens are thus a powerful supplement to a healthy diet — a super-food — providing necessary nutrients in which the Standard American Diet is deficient.

To find a source of eggs from chickens raised on pasture, you can visit LocalHarvest.org and do a search for "eggs pastured" or "eggs grass fed" with your zip code. You can also visit EatWild.com and click on your state for a list of farms that pasture their animals.

Additionally, you may be able to find roadside stands in your area that sell eggs from pastured chickens. Be sure to inquire about the farming practices, to make sure that the chickens are able to forage for both grass and insects.

Back to the Basics: Taste!

The truth is that most satisfying meals one could make with eggs just don't taste right without both the yolk and the white. Most baked goods come out with a richer taste and a better texture when the yolks are included. Food should provide good nutrition — for which inclusion of the yolks is necessary! — but it should also taste good.

Food should be fun. It should be rewarding to cook, delicious to eat, and relaxing to indulge in.

The anti-cholesterol establishment upholds its poor theory and unjustified conclusions only to condemn us to a bland and unsatisfying diet, the cornerstone of which is "light cooking" with bland and taste-challenged "foods" like the notorious, emasculated, yolkless egg white.

Fear not.

You are now armed with the raw facts from the USDA's nutrition database that shows that missing out on the egg yolks means missing out on the nutrition in your breakfast. Take heart in this the next time you enjoy the incredible, edible egg yolk.

Last edited:
Data taken from the USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 15. AA and DHA data from NutritionData.Com. Since the article was written, the USDA has published revisions. The latest, Release 17, can be found here.

As you can see from the table, the yolk contains 100% of the carotenoids, essential fatty acids, vitamins A, E, D, and K (6 items). The white does not contain 100% of any nutrient.

The yolk contains more than 90% of the calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, B6, folate, and B12, and 89% of the panthothenic acid (9 items). The white does not contain more than 90% of any nutrient, but contains over 80% of the magnesium, sodium, and niacin (3 items).

The yolk contains between 50% and 80% of the copper, manganese, and selenium, while the white contains between 50% and 80% of the potassium, riboflavin, and protein.

It should also be kept in mind that the yolk of an egg is smaller than the white. Where the white contains a slim majority of nutrients, such as protein, this is not due to a greater concentration in the white, but simply to the fact that there is more white in the egg than yolk.

Egg Yolks Would Resolve Americans' Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies

According to the Executive Summary of the Third Report on Nutrition Monitoring in the United States by the Interagency Board for Nutrition Monitoring and Related Research of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology's Life Sciences Research Office, the following is true:

Most groups have a deficient median intake of magnesium.
Several groups have a deficient median intake of calcium.
Children aged 1-2 and most groups of females have a deficient median intake of iron.
Blacks over the age of 16 and Mexican-Americans over the age of 60 have a deficient median intake of folate.
All age groups and races have a deficient median intake of vitamins A, E, B6, and copper.

Considering this information, the importance of the egg yolk and relative unimportance of the egg white becomes even more clear. The yolk contains the majority of the copper, nearly all of the calcium, iron, folate, and B6, and 100% of the vitamins A and E.

The white, on the other hand, is only useful as an added source of magnesium, or if the diet is on the whole deficient in protein. The simple addition of an adequate amount of meat in the diet would provide for both.

Finally, eggs are an excellent source of carotenoids. These are primarily highly absorbable forms of lutein and its partner zeaxanthin. These carotenoids accumulate in the back of the eye and appear to protect against age-related macular degeneration. There is no RDA for them, as researchers are still trying to understand their importance. All of the lutein and zeaxanthin in an egg is contained in the yolk.

Egg Yolks Contain Essential Fatty Acids DHA and Arachidonic Acid

One important set of nutrients that should not be overlooked is the long-chain essential fatty acids. Egg yolks contain the long-chain omega-3 fatty acid DHA, which is necessary for the brain and proper retinal function in the eye, and the long-chain omega-6 fatty acid arachidonic acid, which is required for the healthy skin, hair, libido, reproduction, growth and response to injury. These fatty acids are primarily needed by young children, pregnant and lactating women, and people with degenerative diseases involving oxidative stress, especially those of the nervous system such as Alzheimer's. While fatty fish and cod liver oil supply DHA in larger amounts, egg yolks have an advantage over these foods because they also contain arachidonic acid and because they do not contain EPA, which interferes with arachidonic acid metabolism.

According to NutritionData.Com, one egg yolk contains 75 mg of arachidonic acid (AA), 20 mg of DHA, but no EPA. As I describe in my Special Report, How Essential Are the Essential Fatty Acids?, DHA and AA are the two fatty acids essential to humans and other mammals, while EPA interferes with the body's use of AA and probably does not belong in the mammalian body at all.

Animal foods from animals raised on pasture are likely much richer in DHA. In all eggs, both the DHA and AA are contained in the yolk.

To Cook, or Not to Cook? The Benefits of Raw Egg Yolks

Many people believe that the health benefits of egg yolks are greater when the yolks are consumed raw. Heat destroys enzymes, reduces the amounts of certain nutrients, and may make the amino acid cysteine less available, which is needed to synthesize the master antioxidant of the cell, glutathione.

Those who eat raw egg yolks report easier digestion, increased stamina, and resistance to illness — not to mention a quicker snack if they're on-the-go.

That said, there is little evidence beyond such anecdotes that egg yolks are truly more beneficial when consumed raw.

There is also little evidence to support the common belief that consuming raw egg yolks is dangerous. Please see Dr. Mercola's article on the safety of eating raw egg yolks if you are concerned about this

I'm planning to ride this out strong, 7 days a week for six months.... Oct08-Apr09 If the results are great I'll keep up the 7 day routine w/o altering the no. of days..... But NEVA, NEVA, NEVA am I'm going to give this drink up. I'm addicted to boiled eggs but don't eat them enough, this is an EGG-Cellent alternative girly.. Never in years would I have consumed 7-10 eggs a week before you posted this "Drink"

Wish I was EGG-Smarter years ago..... Eggs (RAW YOLK) that's whasup!

Thanks Bronze.....Val

you will keep that book 4-ever, it will be your pride n joy...taped and stapled to keep in all intact.

thanx, i wouldn't want to disturb hubby with all that, ya know gurgling and stuff.. .hee hee
I don't have to worry about that yet. :lol:

Though I've been consuming this drink almost daily since the post began, I never actually had it in the morning. My tummy tends to be sensitive early so I was always afraid. I was running late and didn't have any time to cook, so I threw some soy milk/protein powder in my Magic bullet, then tossed an egg in and drank away. No tummy problems and I had enough energy to speed walk to work (15min)!

Thanks again Bronze! This is the one thread that I have my eye on everyday, thanks so much for starting it, you are great!

I'm about to order some lecithin granules and maybe flax oil from vitacost to bump up the benefits.

I'm planning to ride this out strong, 7 days a week for six months.... Oct08-Apr09 If the results are great I'll keep up the 7 day routine w/o altering the no. of days..... But NEVA, NEVA, NEVA am I'm going to give this drink up. I'm witcha on that, chic. I'm addicted to boiled eggs but don't eat them enough, this is an EGG-Cellent alternative girly.. Never in years would I have consumed 7-10 eggs a week before you posted this "Drink"

Wish I was EGG-Smarter years ago..... Eggs (RAW YOLK) that's whasup!

Thanks Bronze.....Val
I gotcha, gal, Br*nze will look out :yep:

[/b] I don't have to worry about that yet. :lol:
Take your time and enjoy pampering yourself, girlie, get all the beauty you can. Man, your hubby will be happ-eeee with you!

Though I've been consuming this drink almost daily since the post began, I never actually had it in the morning. My tummy tends to be sensitive early so I was always afraid. I was running late and didn't have any time to cook, so I threw some soy milk/protein powder in my Magic bullet, then tossed an egg in and drank away. No tummy problems and I had enough energy to speed walk to work (15min)!

Thanks again Bronze! This is the one thread that I have my eye on everyday, thanks so much for starting it, you are great! I feel great, thanks to The Waistlength Hair Cocktail, you're great, too, Duchesse, thanks for keepin in touch~

I'm about to order some lecithin granules i bought liquid - i hope it's good and maybe flax oil from vitacost to bump up the benefits.
Glad to hear your results, ladies, keep it up, we'll start a big challenge soon. I'll keep all of you guys posted....

So, just tried the raw egg with my whey protein shake this morning and although I felt a burst of energy... can you say gas city? :ohwell:

Has anyone else experienced this? I knew that would happen... I mean... it is egg.

:wallbash:why? :wallbash:why? :wallbash:why?

I have not had egg in my drinky for two days.
I used my last organic egg Wednesday. My powdered eggs was supposed to be here yesterday. Why did I not receive the packag? It is on delivery today. I always always always get my packages from UPS at the end of the day 7pm :wallbash:

has everyone recorded their hair lenght right before starting this?
I measured mine this week but I cant say I have a good idea of what my actual growth rate is up until now.

has everyone recorded their hair lenght right before starting this?
I measured mine this week but I cant say I have a good idea of what my actual growth rate is up until now.

I am doing mines today. I just finished with my TU and am currently flat ironing it (shh!)..

So, just tried the raw egg with my whey protein shake this morning and although I felt a burst of energy... can you say gas city? :ohwell:
Has anyone else experienced this? I knew that would happen... I mean... it is egg.
eeeh hee hee! Yes, but it tapers off after the first week to 10 days...yes that's an unpleasant side effect..i've had to excuse myself from the presence of others quite a bit....:spinning:

has everyone recorded their hair lenght right before starting this? i haven't recorded, i'll do that tonight...
yeah, that's why it's good to record it, i'll make a growth t-shirt to chart my progress...thanks for reminding us, that will be a BIG help.

:wallbash:why? :wallbash:why? :wallbash:why?

I have not had egg in my drinky for two days.
I used my last organic egg Wednesday. My powdered eggs was supposed to be here yesterday. Why did I not receive the packag? It is on delivery today. I always always always get my packages from UPS at the end of the day 7pm :wallbash:

it'll be there today, i'm sure of it.

o. k. I'll say it....Gas City... So thank where you are going and schedule those dates accordingly "after bathroom time" :lachen::lachen:

Back