Dressing To Attract A Man

This is how I was lookin' when I met one of my favorite DC baes (but with yoga pants). Dude is fiiiiiiiiiiiiine. Showed up at my aunt's house when I was chillin on the couch after twisting my hair and I had a scarf on. It was chilly and I had a shawl on....

He still asked for the digits.
image.jpeg

Wear what makes YOU feel confident. That'll shine through more than any outfit combination we can recommend to you on this forum. If you think you look hot, the world will agree with and vice versa. It all starts with you.
This bears repeating.

If you've got "it" you can pull a man even in your best Harriet Tubman gear.

First step is to organize your closet. Take everything out. Buy new hangers. Figure out the things that make you feel your best. Then dump any clothes that don't meet your new standard and start shopping.

For example instead of saving jeans or holding on to 20 you never wear because they make you feel bad get 2-3 that fit and flatter you now. Some clean tank tops or jacket with jewelry and you are good. Toss the rest.

If you need casual wear get a few matching sweat/track suits. Toss the ratty juicy bottoms you had since HS.

Whatever is work clothes, date clothes, formal wear for you write down anything that needs replacing immediately so you have starting point (maybe a tailored black suit you can break apart to wear as separates). Add colors based on your needs.

If you have "maybe" items put them in closet with hanger backwards. If you don't wear in 6 months donate/toss.

Don't forget shoes. Better to have 5 pairs of quality shoes you can strut in than 100 Payless platforms you look like a baby giraffe in after an hour.

There are basics every woman should have but what looks good on you may not work on someone else. If you know you've been too conservative then ask friend or sales associate to pick out 2-3 outfit and try them on to get out of your comfort zone. Use other eyes until you can recognize for yourself what makes you look good.

Yes there are things that attract men but you don't want to attract a man that loves pink dresses if you hate that color and other colors look better on you. The focus should be to develop your sense of style. Doing that will exude confidence. THAT is what will attract the right man to you.

Back