How do you prepare for a first date?

Great thread! Subscribing...as I hope to be using these tips soon! It's been a while since I've been on a date!

I was running late for my 1st date with SO. I ran home, took a quick shower, threw on some jeans a t-shirt and a little jacket and did a quick, light, neutral face, ran the brush through my hair a couple times and ran out the door. Oh and threw on a pair of my favorite neutral toned, heeled sandals. There was definitely no pressure and we had a great first date.

Preparing for a first date was always so much fun. I enjoyed the first moment you meet and you feel chemistry strike, or you see their attraction for you in their eyes. Fun times. I love first dates. I think it's all about having fun. I really enjoyed meeting different people. If anything, I would do first dates only. :lachen: They bring out all the stops trying to impress you. I would get nervous 5 minutes before my date, and then everything would feel so natural.

I agree with all the other posters. Try to keep it simple. I did natural makeup, made sure I had a mani/ped, hair was perfectly coiffed, but I always wore dresses. A lot of men have a thing for women in dresses/skirts. It doesn't even have to be form fitting.

Last edited:
My phone LHCF app is having trouble launching the last 2 days...I will post pics when it does :yep: I had a nice time on my date on Friday...he even helped me into my coat and walked me to my car :giggle: The goodnight hug was nice and just my speed :look: It was nice to go out on a date with a gentleman :)

Back