DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lady Aggie,

I would love to join this challenge, hope it is not too late. I will be updating my fotki with my starting pics.

I went conditioner crazy last week
Here are the goodies I bought:

AO HSR
Pantene conditioning mask
Mizani Thermasmooth
Mizani moisturfuse
Suave tropical coconut

I already had:

ORS hair mayo
Shescentit Banana Brulee

:look:

Lets just say, I will NOT be buying conditioner, or anything else for that matter, anytime soon!:rolleyes:

Glad to see I'm not the only one on a conditioner spree!
Let's see...last nite I ordered more of my staple J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Aubrey Organics Island Naturals

Gonna order some other Aubrey Organics cons next week!

Oh, while I'm at it I may as well tell my DC regimen:
I used J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp w/honeyquat & castor oil for last year's challenge. It worked quite well for me so I'll continue w/it. I will alternate between this & the new cons in to switch things up a bit.

Most times I DC on dry hair as I don't wash w/poo but once a month. I use Aggie's ACV & Citric Acid recipes to really keep my scalp clean & itch free. Thanks Aggie!!!

Dry hair, usually w/no heat for hours (use heat 45 mins if I'm pressed for time).

Last edited:
Yea girl... I've just been playing in my products :laugh: So much to use, so little time...

Is that your usual amount of times that you DC per week. Is it a big difference from doing 3 instead of 2. I considered adding one more day, but lately I have been so friggin lazy.:wallbash:

DC #2 for this week. I am under the dryer 30 mins with Pantene R&N Moisture mixed with VCO. After rinse I am going to leave in HS 14-in-1 with coconut oil to seal and bun to protect my ends. I will probably throw on a phony pony this week since I am in the wig challenge. I really need to get some more conditioner and coconut oil.

Muffin,

Sorry for not addressing your response sooner.

I ended up washing my hair and rollersetting again the next day due to the stiffness. I was attempting to try something new.

I haven't been able to find the ORS Replenshing Pak in a larger size other than the individual packets. I may have to search the internet for some, but it does wonders for my hair.

I am prepooing overnight with Dabur Amla oil. I will wash and dc with Mizani Moisterizing Conditioner. I will use the conditioners in my stash before purchasing new ones. This may help me to establish a staple condish.

Last edited:
Shampood with GVP Extra Gentle

Dc'd for 45 mins with heat using Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm

Applied GVP Conditioner and GVP Smoothing Serum, then rollerset and did a silk wrap :grin:

For 2009, I'm upping my deep conditioning to 3 times per week.

This is making all the difference in my hair this winter, also sitting with my heat bonnet on while on LHCF (which I'm doing right now:spinning:) is one of the most effortless yet pampering things I can do on the regular!

Although I have plenty of products to use up, I want to buy Elasta DPR-11 after reading several reviews by naturals who love it!

Please count me in.

I will be using Kenra, Nexuss, Bantu moisturizing conditioners and alternating with MT protien conditioner. I use a clarifying shampoo once a month in adddition to Kenra moisturizing shampoo and Elasta QP shampoo for relaxed hair.

I dc-ed today. I use a combination of Mendex and SE R&R Hair Mayonnaise. I sat under the hooded dryer for 30 minutes and I let my hair cool after for about 15 minutes before I rinsed.

Just deep conditioned with some freeman's mango papaya conditioner. Seems good so far. I got it for $1 at Rite Aid on clearance.

Deep condished with Silky Elements Mega Cholesterol Conditioner. It's really thick and creamy and gave my hair super softness and slip. I am cancelling my Pantene R&N Deep Condish Mask for now.

Shampood with GVP Extra Gentle

Dc'd for 45 mins with heat using Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm

Applied GVP Conditioner and GVP Smoothing Serum, then rollerset and did a silk wrap :grin:
Girl, will ya take some pics of your silk wrap? Please share!

Glad to see I'm not the only one on a conditioner spree!
Let's see...last nite I ordered more of my staple J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Aubrey Organics Island Naturals

Gonna order some other Aubrey Organics cons next week!

Oh, while I'm at it I may as well tell my DC regimen:
I used J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp w/honeyquat & castor oil for last year's challenge. It worked quite well for me so I'll continue w/it. I will alternate between this & the new cons in to switch things up a bit.

Most times I DC on dry hair as I don't wash w/poo but once a month. I use Aggie's ACV & Citric Acid recipes to really keep my scalp clean & itch free. Thanks Aggie!!!

Dry hair, usually w/no heat for hours (use heat 45 mins if I'm pressed for time).

Sorry I missed this post earlier honey. You're quite welcomed.

Hello Ladies,

I'm glad to be a part of this challenge. I was a bit of a lurker last year, but am glad to be on board with you all! :drunk:

I'm going to alternate between my AVEDA Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler mixed with 3 TBSP of Coconut Milk, and my TRESemme Natual Conditioner. I will use a plastic cap or saran wrap to cover my hair.

Thanks for this new level of accountability, Aggie!

me~:rolleyes:

I just finished dc'd with silk elements megasilk moisturizing treatment adding castor oil for 45 minutes w/ heat.

wed 31st dec 2008: protein treatment with motions cpr (20mins under dryer)
sat 3rd jan 2009: relaxed with ors olive oil relaxer kit. deep conditioned with ors replenishing pak

Today, I deep conditioned with Miss Jessies Creme de la Creme conditioner for 15 minutes-this conditioner smells so good. I then followed that with Miss Jessies Rapid Recovery Treatment and had that in my hair for an hour under my heat cap. This condtioner is very thick, the thickest I have experienced and it spread so easily over my hair, it smells nice too. My hair feels very soft and is tangle free:yep:.

By the way, the challenge has been updated to this point and all new challengers have been added. Let's grow our hair to new lengths this year ladies and most of all, let us retain that length, okay:yep:?

That is my theme song for this year Aggie - retention, retention, retention!! I have to remember (again) to treat my hair like antique lace!

Ladies, do me a kind favor - please include the brand name of the products you're using so I can post them on the front page for our newbies, especially if you're having great results with them:grin:. Thanks a million.

I'm using mainly Eqyss Premier Creme Rinse (love this stuff), and Elasta QP Intense Fortifying Conditioner. I just ran out of the Trader Joe's Refresh Conditioner (loved it!) and I'm feining for some AO HSR - I need to go to the health food store next week. :yep:
I also use a lot of food - honey, molasses, bananas, and the like. I'm also getting up on some herbs - I use hibiscus in all my DC's now, and I have some irish moss in the cabinet that I need to play with.

Okay, starting pic. This is the most recent, semi-straightened pic I have because I haven't been using heat. I lightly blow dried last Saturday (12/20/08). I may come back and change the pic for accuracy purposes at a later date.
IMG00153-vi.jpg

My DC's will alternate so I can't list what I'll commit to using because that's subject to change depending on my mood and hair needs :grin: . Y'all know I'm fickle anyway.

:thud: Is this the sort of stuff I msis by not stalking fotkis!?!?!?!?! Oh my goodness, I had no clue! Gorgeous hair, missy!

I forgot to list the current conditioners that I'm currently using:

-ORS Rep Pak
-AO HSR
-Nacidit Aloe Vera
-Miss Keys 10 en 1

ETA: I'll add a pic later. Pics are the part of challenges that I find challenging. :D

Me and you both!!! :lachen: :look:

Okay - my starting picture is my avatar. Aggie - do you prefer the picture in the signature? Or can you tell me how to put the picture in the body of the message? I'm uploading from my computer.

Not Aggie, but I so love it when people put their starting pics in the post - that way, when :look: someone is looking through the thread later (like, years later) long after you've changed your avatar, they'll still be able to see your progress - it's great comparing some old posts to current avi's/siggies! :lol:

With that said, here is my starting pic, taken today - a solid 4.5. Just for reference, APL is around 8.

3164483344_3f1826b684_m.jpg

I really fell off the DC'ing twice a week thing towards the end of the year - I've been styling my hair differently, and I haven't been using MT, and I really haven't felt the need to do the midweek DC. :look:

Urmhrm, and that's why I'm starting to see a wee bit more breakage, too, I think. *sigh* So, my reggie is kinda in limbo, as I try to figure out how to balance my differing needs and not eat up all my time during the week. Once I figure it out, I'll post a reggie. :lol:

Still dc'ing with my cholesterol treatment. I've been doing it over night on dry hair since i'm feeling kinda lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back