DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing a prepoo right now for a few hrs, i will be Dcing with Sitrinilliah deep condish masque under the pibbs for a hour...

After joining LHCF in August last year I realized that DC is so important at least for my hair. So I started using Pantene R&N Deep Condish Mask but it wasn't moisturizing enough for me by itself. I added melted shea butter to it and it made my hair feel so soft and heavenly. To combat the effects of cold, everchanging weather here I started doing hot oil treatments as well and still my hair felt great with the hot oil and DC. My mistake was combining oils in my Pantene Deep condish mask/shea butter mix. My hair was shedding so badly. It felt rough. I should have left well enough alone and not jumped on the "mixing this mixing that" bandwagon. So..
Now I am using Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Moisturizing Treatment and my hair seems to love the switch. And the moral of the story is...

What works for one doesn't work for all. But overall I am so glad that I deep condish now, and my hair is as well. Thanks for the challenge.[/quote]

Girl tgrowe, thanks a million to all of you for joining. I totally agree with the bolded because I found that my hair actually loves this Pantene mask but it's very important not to get it on the scalp to avoid shedding.

Hey Aggie!
Add me. I was very lax with DC as 2008 progressed.

I will be using Pantene BD Mask
Joico Moisture recovery
and a boatload of other things I have here

By the way Ladies,

I just want to stop and say thanks to all who have been faithful in posting their Dc sessions and progress especially for the sake of our newbies as I know they do appreciate each and every one of them:yep:. Thanks again ladies!

Last night I warmed up EVOO in the microwave for 20-25 seconds - then added some honey and deep conditioned for about an hour with that. My hair felt so good and still has serious bling. I cant wait to that one again.

Hey Aggie!
Add me. I was very lax with DC as 2008 progressed.

I will be using Pantene BD Mask
Joico Moisture recovery
and a boatload of other things I have here
Okay Tallone, Ill add you now and a warm welcome to the challenge honey.

After joining LHCF in August last year I realized that DC is so important at least for my hair. So I started using Pantene R&N Deep Condish Mask but it wasn't moisturizing enough for me by itself. I added melted shea butter to it and it made my hair feel so soft and heavenly. To combat the effects of cold, everchanging weather here I started doing hot oil treatments as well and still my hair felt great with the hot oil and DC. My mistake was combining oils in my Pantene Deep condish mask/shea butter mix. My hair was shedding so badly. It felt rough. I should have left well enough alone and not jumped on the "mixing this mixing that" bandwagon. So..
Now I am using Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Moisturizing Treatment and my hair seems to love the switch. And the moral of the story is...

What works for one doesn't work for all. But overall I am so glad that I deep condish now, and my hair is as well. Thanks for the challenge.[/quote]

Girl tgrowe, thanks a million to all of you for joining. I totally agree with the bolded because I found that my hair actually loves this Pantene mask but it's very important not to get it on the scalp to avoid shedding.

Thanks Aggie for the tip. There have been times when I would massage my scalp while the deep condish was on my hair. Is this a no no? Never thought that this is what was contributing to my shedding. Otherwise I love the Pantene mask and hated that I had problems with it. I feel I will eventually go back to it since I still have some more of it left. I will just try it straight or ONLY add shea butter to it next time and leave the oils for my pre-poo. It seems to work for me this way.

All I can say is ignorance or lack of knowledge can produce over-generalization or stereotyping.

That is so very true.

What did her hair look like?

It was nicely done, but only about 3" long.

I just applied Elata QP DPR-11 to my hair and W:blush:O:blush:W:blush:....it is so thick and yummy!

I need to write down which DC are the bomb so that I remember to keep buying the right stuff:

So my top choices for 2009 are:
  • AO Honeysuckle Rose
  • Elasta QP DPR-11
  • Dark & Lovely Ultra Cholestrol
  • Lustrasilk Olive Oil or Cholestrol
The best part is that all of these are under $6!

I've been wanting to try the DPR-11 for a while. I may break down and swap one of my current ones out when I'm ready to buy more DC.

For anybody that did this challenge last year, how was your growth rate?

I definitely noticed an increased growth rate, but that I have to look at the MT for that, as well. What I noticed more, was just overall health. It's softer yet stronger. It's easier to detangle. It stays moist for a week at a time - it's just happier, period. :yep:

DCing with Silk Elements silky treatment right now. I have my dryer propped up on a big box next to my comp so I can be online and condition at the same time. Im a LHCF junkie I tell ya!!

No, you shampoo first, then use your "old school" protein conditioner, followed by a moisturizing conditioner for a minimum of 30 minutes with or without heat.

Thanks for the input, Aggie. I'm unbraiding my hair right now and am about to get my "old school" on. My hair is shedding in a major way, and the only think that I know will help is a DC.

My first DC of the year!! :yep: With MANY more to come!

me~:rolleyes:

Thanks for the input, Aggie. I'm unbraiding my hair right now and am about to get my "old school" on. My hair is shedding in a major way, and the only think that I know will help is a DC.

My first DC of the year!! :yep: With MANY more to come!

me~:rolleyes:

You know I have a garlic recipe in my fotki that I use for shedding. You're more than welcomed to check it out and try it as a pre-poo:yep:.

Just completed my first DC of 2009 as I prep for my relaxer later this week. Vatika pre-poo, Joico chelating poo and cuticle sealer, reconstructor and moisture recovery. Roller set as usual.

I'm trying to think of a weekly schedule to get in a DC 3x a week. What days are you DCing ladies? MWF, SWF? I want my DCing evenly spaced so I never get a "dry day". Also for those doing a protein treatment how are you doing that in the DC schedule; after every 3rd DC???

That smiley sums it up perfectly. How did that combo turn out for u?

Aawwww look atchu deep conditioning...glad ur feeling better... :yep:

Yes, the combo worked surprisingly well! :blush: I was like :ohsnap:
I wasn't even thinking about breaking out the Joico until I saw you had your tresses smothered in it.. :lol:

then I poo'd (so doesn't sound right :ohwell:) and did a SitriNillah chaser in shower, ran two squirts of whipped cream through my hair, and then ran two squirts of cocosta oil through my hair and airdried.

Nice, soft and strong. It was a good session.

HIM..:look: was around me all weekend so I didn't get a session in today, but I will tomorrow... :yep:

Aggie is coming on strong with the at least 2x a week...
I think that's the most I can deal with manipulation wise..but I'm going to do my best to keep up with it..:yep:

Washed with GVP Extra Gentle
Deep conditioned with Silk Elements Olive overnight
I only DC'ed once a week this week and my hair hated me for it...ugh.

Anyone deep condition while wearing braids or twists?

I do!

Just DC'ed last nigh with ORs replenishing, honey, coconut and LBCO for an hour under the bonnet dryer. I first rinsed it with Hairveda's Amla creme rinse and then with some ginger tea. My hair is sooo soft and smells great!

I did a Nexxus Emergencee treatment and followed with Nexxus Humectress deep conditioning for 30 minutes on Friday. I will do another DC with probably with ORS replenishing pak on Wednesday. I tried to upload a before picture but I was having trouble last night. I'll try again tonight.

I was one of those who used to wash their hair once every other week and NEVER did DCs unless at a salon so the thought of twice a week DCing is a little daunting but I will try and stick with it.

I am about to wash dc with silk elements moist. treatment mixed w/ olive oil,honey, and castor oil then rollerset. I am still on vaction this week when I return next Monday I will dc on wed. and sat. I might try to throw one in on Mondays if I feel like it.

Aawwww look atchu deep conditioning...glad ur feeling better... :yep:

Yes, the combo worked surprisingly well! :blush: I was like :ohsnap:
I wasn't even thinking about breaking out the Joico until I saw you had your tresses smothered in it.. :lol:

then I poo'd (so doesn't sound right :ohwell:) and did a SitriNillah chaser in shower, ran two squirts of whipped cream through my hair, and then ran two squirts of cocosta oil through my hair and airdried.

Nice, soft and strong. It was a good session.

HIM..:look: was around me all weekend so I didn't get a session in today, but I will tomorrow... :yep:

Aggie is coming on strong with the at least 2x a week...
I think that's the most I can deal with manipulation wise..but I'm going to do my best to keep up with it..:yep:
I'm glad I'm better, thank you! I'm going to try that combo tonight. I'm loving that Joico... Why he gotta be a him though :laugh: ? That reminded me of Bernie Mac on Kings of Comedy: "Him downstairs" lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back