DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCing with SitriNillah on dry hair right now. Will leave it in for a few hours then use with heat for 1 hr. Rinse and let it airdry as much as I can prior to work. Slap it in a bun and head out to work.

DCing with SitriNillah on dry hair right now. Will leave it in for a few hours then use with heat for 1 hr. Rinse and let it airdry as much as I can prior to work. Slap it in a bun and head out to work.

Is Sitrinillah mask a moisturizing conditioner or a balance of both protein and moisture? Shay make sure you are balancing your protein/moisture conditioners because we don't want you to end up with too mushy hair because of over-moisturizing, okay honey?

Is Sitrinillah mask a moisturizing conditioner or a balance of both protein and moisture? Shay make sure you are balancing your protein/moisture conditioners because we don't want you to end up with too mushy hair because of over-moisturizing, okay honey?

It is a moisturizing conditioner. Thanks for the reminder. I'm supposed to be switching up and I haven't been so it was something I was planning to work on this year as part of this challenge. I will dc with a protein condish on Saturday.

I dc'd yesterday with Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Hair Conditioning Mask. I left it in on wet hair for 4 hours under a shower cap. My hair dried so fast and I know I need to add something because it was crazy dry. I put some perfect perm leave in conditioner with water in a bottle to spray my hair down so I could rollerset it. I then let it air dry. Since I am not going out today, I might just leave the rollers in until tomorrow.

I am gonna have to go shopping for ORS Replenishing Pak since it is my absolute favorite and my hair is always soft even when it dries after a wash before putting anything in. I am going to give the pantene mask some more tries since this is only try 2 and I have not been moisturizing my hair during the week.

please add me - waiting on my computer at home to get fixed so i can post pics. Im new with questions - If washing inst required – you still dc with conditioner of your choice, rinse and that’s it?

Sounds like DC'ing on dry hair, how did it work out for you? I worked out with DC on my hair before and you should have seen how much steam was in my plastic cap before I took it off. I was pleasantly surprised needless to say.

I was actually too chicken to try dry hair so I wet my hair under the sink, applied the DC, put a shower cap on and worked out. It's funny you mention the steam because I was shocked to notice there was definitely some steam action going on up there! The cap was all foggy and it was an unexpected, but pleasant, surprise.

It is a moisturizing conditioner. Thanks for the reminder. I'm supposed to be switching up and I haven't been so it was something I was planning to work on this year as part of this challenge. I will dc with a protein condish on Saturday.

Keep the protein mild for a now and only use a moderate to hardcore protein if your hair has way too much stretch in it okay?

Hi everyone...I got a question or well questions:

1) What's a really good MOISTURIZING deep conditoner
2) What's a really good PROTEIN deep conditioner

Which for the two have you ladies used and gotten great results...(I'm seeking some staples for moisture and protein, so please give me some names of products to consider...Right now for moisture I am using SitriNillah, but have nothing really dedicated for protein.)

please add me - waiting on my computer at home to get fixed so i can post pics. Im new with questions - If washing inst required – you still dc with conditioner of your choice, rinse and that’s it?

I will add you in and welcome to the challenge 55brneye. We have a few conditioners on the front page that you can choose from or you can choose your own. Just let us know which ones you will be using so that we can support your efforts on the corrrect ones to use to get the best out of them for your hair.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to post them here. Many of the ladies in this challenge are veterans when it comes to DC's and I'm sure any one of them will be glad to assist you.

Hi everyone...I got a question or well questions:

1) What's a really good MOISTURIZING deep conditoner
2) What's a really good PROTEIN deep conditioner

Which for the two have you ladies used and gotten great results...(I'm seeking some staples for moisture and protein, so please give me some names of products to consider...Right now for moisture I am using SitriNillah, but have nothing really dedicated for protein.)

Have you checked the front page for the list of conditioners I have there. One of the challengers requested that I do this for us and I know you will find it quite helpful too. Check it out first and if you have any questions on any specific product, we'll be glad to help.

I dc'd yesterday with Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Hair Conditioning Mask. I left it in on wet hair for 4 hours under a shower cap. My hair dried so fast and I know I need to add something because it was crazy dry. I put some perfect perm leave in conditioner with water in a bottle to spray my hair down so I could rollerset it. I then let it air dry. Since I am not going out today, I might just leave the rollers in until tomorrow.

I am gonna have to go shopping for ORS Replenishing Pak since it is my absolute favorite and my hair is always soft even when it dries after a wash before putting anything in. I am going to give the pantene mask some more tries since this is only try 2 and I have not been moisturizing my hair during the week.

This mask has proteins in it so wouldn't leave it on for 4 hours like that anymore. Try using a more moisturizing conditioner if you are going to be leaving them on so long, okay.

Have you checked the front page for the list of conditioners I have there. One of the challengers requested that I do this for us and I know you will find it quite helpful too. Check it out first and if you have any questions on any specific product, we'll be glad to help.

Okay, I checked it out :)...so the Aubrey Organics stuff...the GPB I think..is it a good protein conditioner, and the Honeysuckle Rose is a good moisturizing one?

check in:

I'm on my path to DCinig for 2009. Once per week with heat and once over night.

I have to confess however:
I never DC'ed my hair before. There I said it. you can't change what you dont acknowledge. Now I can move on and soon I wont be complaining about dry hair anymore.

still using AO HSR but I hope to order some hairveda soon.
someone tell me there is a sale coming. please

Just finished a wash and DC in the shower. I used shower heat under a plastic cap since I didn't feel like sitting under the dryer more than once. I used the Aphogee 2 min recon and afterwards SE moisture (I love the way it feels and smells). I can't wait to make my trip to the BSS to get more ORS Replen paks though, they're the best. Decided to do a wet wrap and sit under the dryer since I don't have my flexirods or any rollers to use under the dryer yet.

This mask has proteins in it so wouldn't leave it on for 4 hours like that anymore. Try using a more moisturizing conditioner if you are going to be leaving them on so long, okay.

Thanks Aggie, I totally missed that. I will go buy a moisturizing dc this week so I can alternate and use the protein one when needed. I would keep my ORS on overnight and this never happened, there goes that light bulb.

Okay, I checked it out :)...so the Aubrey Organics stuff...the GPB I think..is it a good protein conditioner, and the Honeysuckle Rose is a good moisturizing one?

Great choices Shae101s. I bought the AO HSR already and have used it many times and I ordered the AO GBP online and it should be here soon. I can't wait to jump right on it right away. Yes absolutely you can use these two conditioners and a great bonus is that they are natural and organic - perfect!!!

Thanks Aggie, I totally missed that. I will go buy a moisturizing dc this week so I can alternate and use the protein one when needed. I would keep my ORS on overnight and this never happened, there goes that light bulb.

You're welcomed sweetie. For a long time we believed that the Pantene R/N mask didn't have protein in it but it turns out it does. They have the protins listed under a couple of scientific names that I didn't recognize. A fellow lhcf'er pointed them out to us and girl was i greatful for that, not to mention my hair:yep:.

Okay, so I DC'd last night with the J/A/S/O/N Tea Tree Oil conditioner for about 45 minutes while I worked out, and the results were - meh.

1) I ended up using the entire blessed bottle. It was only 8 oz, so I should have known - but yeah. Whole bottle, gone. GONE. And my hair was still like - you know you can put a lil more on, right? THIRSTY!
2) It was thin - like lotion consistency almost....
3) Very little slip - almost none, really.
4) When I rinsed my hands, it foamed. :( To me, that indicates that it has SLS or something else soap like in it.
5) When I rinsed my hair, it felt squeaky strippy clean - definitely tells me there was something soapy in it.

Overall - meh. I think it would make a great cowashing DC, or a 'light' shampoo, even - but I'm definitely glad I got them on clearance, and the other bottle will be chilling for a while until I have the need for it. My hair doesn't feel bad, at all, but it doesn't have the 'rich' moist feeling I'm used to.

Sticking with my ElastaQP and my Eqyss - at least til I try out the AO line.... :yep:

Hi ALL, I am a newbie. Aggie, Please add me to the challenge if it is not too late. I have been on the site for the last month but officialy subscribed today to enjoy the full benefits of being a memeber. For the last month after experiencing constant breakage I have started to take matters into my own hands and I have been washing and DC'ing twice a wk. I do not have any fave's yet...but I have a couple of conditioners that I have been using....
For now I am
1. Prepoo'n with oil...Coconut, EVOO, Castor, with moisturizer (Queen Helene) on my ends...I just got some garlic oil to incorporate in the pre-poo to combate some shedding that I have been experiencing lately.
2. Shampoo and DC w/which ever my hair needs, or should I say I think it needs :) I have lots of Conditioners on hand.
Keracare Humecto
Aphogee 2min (only once a wk)
Salerm Protein Conditioner
NTM Conditioner ( my hair loves this so far)
Queen Helen Cholesterol
Organics Green Tea Cholesterol
MS Keys 10 en 1
Wheat germ

I will use these up and keep note of how my hair responds to each one to see which of them are keepers. I have been a PJ for yrs so this will be a good time for me to use up my conditioner.

I did an overnight pre-poo with Vatika oil, shampooed with GVP moisture shampoo and conditioned with GVP moisture conditioner and now I'm DC with GVP conditioning balm for a few hours. Can you tell I LOVE GVP products..:lachen:

i can not wait until this sunday. i am going to pre poo on dry hair without heat with AO GPB and then wash with wen fig and deep condition with ORS replenishing pak. i know my hair is gonna be soooooooooo yummy.

man i forgot to post earlier this week. i did another treatment with joico deep penetrating reconstructor and followed up with the intense hydrator.

Okay, so I DC'd last night with the J/A/S/O/N Tea Tree Oil conditioner for about 45 minutes while I worked out, and the results were - meh.

1) I ended up using the entire blessed bottle. It was only 8 oz, so I should have known - but yeah. Whole bottle, gone. GONE. And my hair was still like - you know you can put a lil more on, right? THIRSTY!
2) It was thin - like lotion consistency almost....
3) Very little slip - almost none, really.
4) When I rinsed my hands, it foamed. :( To me, that indicates that it has SLS or something else soap like in it.
5) When I rinsed my hair, it felt squeaky strippy clean - definitely tells me there was something soapy in it.

Overall - meh. I think it would make a great cowashing DC, or a 'light' shampoo, even - but I'm definitely glad I got them on clearance, and the other bottle will be chilling for a while until I have the need for it. My hair doesn't feel bad, at all, but it doesn't have the 'rich' moist feeling I'm used to.

Sticking with my ElastaQP and my Eqyss - at least til I try out the AO line.... :yep:

Thanks for the review on the Jason tea tree poo JK. At least now I know that I could take that one off of my wish list for good:yep:.

Hi ALL, I am a newbie. Aggie, Please add me to the challenge if it is not too late. I have been on the site for the last month but officialy subscribed today to enjoy the full benefits of being a memeber. For the last month after experiencing constant breakage I have started to take matters into my own hands and I have been washing and DC'ing twice a wk. I do not have any fave's yet...but I have a couple of conditioners that I have been using....
For now I am
1. Prepoo'n with oil...Coconut, EVOO, Castor, with moisturizer (Queen Helene) on my ends...I just got some garlic oil to incorporate in the pre-poo to combate some shedding that I have been experiencing lately.
2. Shampoo and DC w/which ever my hair needs, or should I say I think it needs :) I have lots of Conditioners on hand.
Keracare Humecto
Aphogee 2min (only once a wk)
Salerm Protein Conditioner
NTM Conditioner ( my hair loves this so far)
Queen Helen Cholesterol
Organics Green Tea Cholesterol
MS Keys 10 en 1
Wheat germ

I will use these up and keep note of how my hair responds to each one to see which of them are keepers. I have been a PJ for yrs so this will be a good time for me to use up my conditioner.

Hi Chocsmile, welcome to LHCF and welcome to the DC challenge. I see you do have quite a list of DC's here and I'm sure you will enjoy this challenge. If you can, please let us see your starting pic, okay? happy hair growing.

I did an overnight pre-poo with Vatika oil, shampooed with GVP moisture shampoo and conditioned with GVP moisture conditioner and now I'm DC with GVP conditioning balm for a few hours. Can you tell I LOVE GVP products..:lachen:

Girl lennet, I just added a few of these to my wish list on sallys.com. I want to try the GVP Paul Mitchell the conditioner and the biolage conditioning balm. There are others, but for now, those two are at the top of my list. I really want the jojoba, olive oil, and tea tree Hair One cleansing conditioners as well.

ETA: Ooooh, I forgot, I want the GVP K-Pak conditioner too.

Ok---i'm gonna official join yall. This OHIO winter is killer and i've upped my DCing to twice a week!

I'm rollin with ya'll :wave:

DC 20min w/ heat Perfect Results Triple Silk (and VS Very Sexy for sex appeal :lol:)

Weee hoo my first post ever. I deep conditioned yesterday with Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner after using Mega Tek/Ovation. I went to whole foods today to get the Aubrey Organics HSR, but didnt see any, nor did I see it online. Is this discontinued? Probably not. I got the Rose Mosqueta Nourishing conditioner instead. Does anyone know if this is good? It has some scrumptious ingredients.

Ok---i'm gonna official join yall. This OHIO winter is killer and i've upped my DCing to twice a week!

I'm rollin with ya'll :wave:

DC 20min w/ heat Perfect Results Triple Silk (and VS Very Sexy for sex appeal :lol:)

Hi ayoung, you're too funny:lol:, you have been added and welcome to the challenge.

Weee hoo my first post ever. I deep conditioned yesterday with Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner after using Mega Tek/Ovation. I went to whole foods today to get the Aubrey Organics HSR, but didnt see any, nor did I see it online. Is this discontinued? Probably not. I got the Rose Mosqueta Nourishing conditioner instead. Does anyone know if this is good? It has some scrumptious ingredients.

I get my AO HSR from www.vitacost.com. They sell it real cheap too. Welcome to the challenge and to LHCF.

Thank you for having me on this site and in this challenge im excited. I will check this out. I paid 22.00 for the one I have here, but it seems like really good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back