DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that your usual amount of times that you DC per week. Is it a big difference from doing 3 instead of 2. I considered adding one more day, but lately I have been so friggin lazy.:wallbash:
Obviously I don't backtrack in this thread...girl naw that's not my normal amount of times dc'ing lol. In the summer, I try to do 1-2/wk but since it's been so cold, I've been doing good to get 1 done in a week, sometimes 2 wks :spank: hence my reason for joining this challenge :grin:. I have more accountability so I'm on it again. I forgot how much I actually liked to dc!

I'm trying to think of a weekly schedule to get in a DC 3x a week. What days are you DCing ladies? MWF, SWF? I want my DCing evenly spaced so I never get a "dry day". Also for those doing a protein treatment how are you doing that in the DC schedule; after every 3rd DC???

I only DC twice a week, and I do Sat/Wed DC's...... I couldn't imagine trying to squeeze in a 3rd, right now. :nono: I barely stay up on my Wed DC!

dc'ing as I write this
using ORS Hair Mayo/coconut oil/palm oil/banana mix, under a warm towel for 1 hr.- then a warm rinse followed by a cold coffee rinse- I am going to braid and air dry after applying Parnevu TT/jojoba oil mix with vaseline to seal the ends-
*I decided to try banding for air drying instead of braids*

my hair has been soft and shiny since the challenge started:yep::yep::yep:

btw, my starting pics are in my profile/ album

Last edited:
I'm trying to think of a weekly schedule to get in a DC 3x a week. What days are you DCing ladies? MWF, SWF? I want my DCing evenly spaced so I never get a "dry day". Also for those doing a protein treatment how are you doing that in the DC schedule; after every 3rd DC???

I usually aim for Thursdays and Sundays and I would squeeze in another one maybe on a Tuesday. but because I am in braids, I am DC'ing only once a week (Sundays) until I remove them at the end of the month.

Anyone deep condition while wearing braids or twists?

Hi yodie, I do right now. I am presently wearing hip-length braids and I am DC'ing only once a week because these things are heavy when wet and take looooong to dry too so only once a week is recommended for those wearing braids, weaves and twists. I dilute the DC, apply it to the part of the braid that includes my natural hair only. I then cover it with a plastic cap and keep it in for about 30 minutes without heat because I'm wearing synthetic hair. HTH!

DCed overnight with ORS Replenishing Conditioner. I will rinse, poo, and then slap on a moisturizing conditioner for a few minutes and then rinse again.

I deep conditioned with pantene mask today but I think Wednesday I will go back to ORS replenishing. I will try to prepoo with the mask.

Has anyone here used this hair mayonnaise, and what were the results. The brand is Vitale. Here is a pic and the ingredients.

WATER ,POLYQUATERNIUM-32 ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE ,PROPYLENE GLYCOL ,CETYL ALCOHOL ,LANOLIN ,DICETYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE ,DIMETHICONE ,PANTHENOL ,GLYCERIN ,DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) SEED OIL ,HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN ,DMDM HYDANTOIN ,TRIETHANOLAMINE ,HYDROLYZED OAT PROTEIN ,CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE ,MELALEUCA ALTERNIFOLIA (TEA TREE) LEAF O ,CHOLESTEROL ,YELLOW 5 ,CAMPHOR ,TETRASODIUM EDTA ,METHYLPARABEN ,MENTHOL ,PROPYLPARABEN ,FRAGRANCE ,ALEURITES MOLUCCANA EXTRACT ,YELLOW 6 ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,BENZOPHENONE-4 ,CARUM PETROSELINUM (PARSLEY) EXTRACT ,ARNICA MONTANA FLOWER EXTRACT ,URTICA DIOICA (NETTLE) ,MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) EXTRACT ,CAPSICUM ANNUUM (EU) ,COCHLEARIA ARMORACIA (HORSERADISH) ROOT ,HYDROLYZED EGG PROTEIN ,RETINYL PALMITATE ,BLUE #1

picture.php

OMG yesssss, this conditioner is the TRUTH! I saw it at the BSS and I'd never heard of it. . . read the ingredients and thought they sounded pretty decent (I didn't notice the SLS though, thought that was just in shampoo). My hair is natural, 4b- I DC'd with it and my hair was so SOFT and STRONG feeling, plus the scent is pleasant and lasted for weeks!!! I was wishing I had some cute boy to bury his nose in my hair and tell me how good it smelled! :lachen: Did you try it yet? I know this will be one that I'll keep using until they stop making it.

i deep conditioned my hair yesterday on dry hair with banana brulee, then washed with wen fig, then conditioned with joico intense hydrator and wet bunned.

tonight im going to wash with wen fig and deep condition with hairveda moist condition pro.

Im doing DCs on Sunday after a shampoo and Thursdays after a cowash.

I deep conditionerd on Saturday with ORS Replenishing conditioner for 2 hours with no heat. My next condition session will be on Wednesday. I will using Aphogee 2 minute conditioner for 10-15 minutes under the dryer with a plastic cap.

Dc'ing on dry hair right now w/Sitrinillah. I saw Mr Ah-range this weekend so I'm feeling a bit nostalgic :look: I'll rinse and cowash w/HE Break's Over.

I DC on MWSa, but if I'm only DC'ing twice then it's WSa.

This week I'll only DC once, because I flat ironed yesterday in order to take some starting pics. I can't wait to get some water running through my hair on Friday.

Bought some AO Honeysuckle Rose on Friday and I'm trying it out for the first time today. You girls didn't tell me the stuff smells THIS good :lick:. So lovely and floral :yep:. From what I hear it's the best of the best that AO provides, so I hope it does well for my hair. It should because my hair also likes the GPB and the Island Naturals.

I just rinsed my Sitrinillah and changed my mind about doing the HEBO cowash. My hair was so moist and soft, I didn't wanna mess it up so I just applied my Moist 24/7 as a leave in and sealed w/H2H End All and put in 2 braids to airdry :)

Oops. Didn't realize I should be checking in weekly. My bad. Last week I know I DC'd 2x.
But under the dryer now. Did a co-wash and DCing w/ ORS Replenish Pak.

Just rinsed out my AO HR conditioner, applied some of my Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner as a leave-in and coated my hair with jojoba oil. My hair smells awesome and feels soft and smooth. I'm going to let it air dry for a bit before I go to bed. I hate DC'ing my hair at night but my days are so preoccupied that I can't find any other time to do without waking up very early in the morning, and that's a no-no for me :nono:.

Clarified on Saturday night with Nexus Aloe Rid, washed with Aritha Shampoo bar co washed 2xs with VO5 and DC'd with Sitrinillah mixed with Aussie Moist for 2hrs.

Please add me to the challenge. I'm so in! I will be deep conditioning on sundays and wednesdays and I will be using UBH Conditioner.

January220091-vi.jpg

Hair Type: 3c/4a
100% Natural since April 2007
Current Length: Neck Length (NL)
6 Month Goal(June 30): Shoulder Length (SL)
12 month Goal (December 31): Arm Pit Length (APL):drunk:
Final Hair Goal: Waist Length (WL)
Other Challenges: Deep Conditioner Challenge, Shoulder Length Challenge, Thicker Hair Challenge, Arm Pit Length Challenge

Last edited:
Please add me to the challenge. I'm so in! I will be deep conditioning on sundays and wednesdays and I will be using UBH Conditioner.

January220091-vi.jpg

Hair Type: 3c/4a
100% Natural since April 2007
Current Length: Neck Length (NL)
Goal at End of 1st 2 Sessions (June 30): Shoulder Length (SL)
Goal at End of Challenge: Arm Pit Length (APL):drunk:
Final Hair Goal: Waist Length (WL)
Other Challenges: Deep Conditioner, Shoulder Length, Arm Pit Length Challenge, Thicker Hair Challenge

Welcome to the challenge poeticmusiqu, I will add you in now. By the way, I love this conditioner - bolded here. I especially love the tingle it gives my scalp. Do you also use the misturizing lotion? If you don't you should give it a whirl, it's awesome also:yep:.

Thanks for adding me!I like the tingling feeling the conditoner gives too. I do use UBH Moisturizer and the Dew. I love how silky my hair feels without the greasy feeling and it's been a long journy trying find a product that makes my natural hair feels silky.:grin:

Last edited:
Thanks for adding me!I like the tingling feeling the conditoner gives too. I do use UBH Moisturizer and the Dew. I love how silky my hair feels without the greasy feeling and it's been a long journy trying find a product that makes my natural hair feels silky.

I deep conditioned with Alter Ego Rebalancing Conditioner Monday for 20 minutes after my tea rinse:yep: I'm 5 weeks post and have noticeable new growth.. I hope to get a 1/2" this month.. I hope I hope:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back