DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC'd last night without heat with banna brulee for 2.5 hours! Got caught in tv and lost track of time. My hair didn't care though!:drunk:

thanks to tiffers encouragement I am now DCing on a regular.

Still, in an interest to maximize time...

Can someone give me pros and cons to DCing on dry hair?

I've been DCing on wet hair either with heat or overnight under a shower cap.

I really like to shampoo and rinse in the shower (without taking 2 showers back to back since I stay 20-30 mins as it is).

Do you still get the same benefits DCing on dry hair?

thanks!

The only time I DC on wet hair is after I henna, and that's because I just rinsed the henna out. :lol: Otherwise, I always DC on dry hair, and yes, my hair still gets all of the wonderful benefits of DC'ing - and I save myself a hop in the shower/some water.

I deep conditioned yesterday with Yogurt mixed with vatika oil... I sat under heat for about 45 min and then cowashed it out...

Ladies, did yall know that trade secret has Kenra on sale 2 liters for $30. Joico liters are on sale buy one get one 50% off.

I am going to get some.

I did a light protein conditioning with Nexxus Keraphix, then followed with a DC with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. My hair feels lovelly.

Hey is ORS replenishing pak moisture or protein?

ORS gives both moisture and protein. It's a great balanced conditioner.:yep:

thanks to tiffers encouragement I am now DCing on a regular.

Still, in an interest to maximize time...

Can someone give me pros and cons to DCing on dry hair?

I've been DCing on wet hair either with heat or overnight under a shower cap.

I really like to shampoo and rinse in the shower (without taking 2 showers back to back since I stay 20-30 mins as it is).

Do you still get the same benefits DCing on dry hair?

thanks!

I seem to get better benefits from DCing on dry hair. I'm not certain why that is. I usually DC on dry hair, and then cleanse and use an instant condish in the shower. My hair feels wonderful afterwards. Yum.:lick:

Ladies, did yall know that trade secret has Kenra on sale 2 liters for $30. Joico liters are on sale buy one get one 50% off.

I am going to get some.

Oh man! I'm so jealous. There is no TS near me. Enjoy the sale, and try to leave some condish in the store for some of the other ladies.:grin:

Right now I'm dcing with silk elements megasilk moisturizing treatment, added castor oil for 45 minutes w/ heat.

I just used Cassia Obovata for the first time:woot:

I just rinsed it out and now I am DCing with AO HSR for 1hr.

I found a stylist to do cornrows for me, I have an appointment with her in about 2 1/2 hrs.:yay:

I deep treated with a mixture of Aubrey's Green Algae mask, ORS Replenishing conditioner, Apretadora and UBH conditioner. My hair felt soft and strong! So moisturized, I was very surprized! I may try the mix again. Sat under the dryer for 30 minutes and let it say in my hair overnight. Rinsed when I woke up.

I am going to get some.
Sho nuff! I have a $10 off $30 coupon I plan to use.

Prepoo'd overnight w/Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner then poo'd w/Lady Fior olive oil. DC'd around 4 hrs (fell asleep :laugh:) w/Pantene R&N mixed w/Star Collagen and Placenta. 2 Pocahontas braids.

After flat ironing last weekend, I decided to do an aphrogee 2 step treatment this weekend to help keep my hair strong. I rinsed out the aphrogee, and then conditioned with the Balance conditioner which has castor oil and glycerin mixed in. Now I have a Kenra MC/Terax Crema DC mix sitting on my head, and will leave it on for 1 1/2 hrs. Thirty minutes of that time will be with a heating cap.

Last edited:
Dc'ing under steam with Premier, EQP IFC, SAA, honeyquat & hibiscus in my hair. Lovely. Plan on doing two hours, if I can stand it.

I've been dcing and washing my hair every two days. It has been working very good for me. I've used capilo olive oil, pearl silicon mix this week.

3rd DC of the year (2 days in a row) - left in Redken All Soft con for 9 hours, no heat, but I will work out with a plastic bag on top for 30 minutes. :grin:

Today I prepooed for 2 hrs with Dr. Caballo. I washed with Elucence and DC'd with Nacidit Olive and Coconut Mixed.
Very soft and airy hair.

DC'ed yesterday with my Aveda Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler. Mmmm :lick:! I just love the smell.

Will DC again on Monday!

My DC Schedule so far:
1) Jan. 4 - Avocado and Egg Mix - 1 hour
2) Jan. 10 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 30 min

Gonna include my "DC Schedule" so that I can be accountable to all the lovely ladies of LHCF. If you see something crazy on this post that you think is a No-No :nono:... Please DO NOT HESITATE to help this sister out!

Also, for any sisters living in the New England area, please send tips on how you protect your hair during these snowy months. And how do you keep it moisturized without over moisturizing?

THANKS!

me~:rolleyes:

DC'ed yesterday with my Aveda Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler. Mmmm :lick:! I just love the smell.

Will DC again on Monday!

My DC Schedule so far:
1) Jan. 4 - Avocado and Egg Mix - 1 hour
2) Jan. 10 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 30 min

Gonna include my "DC Schedule" so that I can be accountable to all the lovely ladies of LHCF. If you see something crazy on this post that you think is a No-No :nono:... Please DO NOT HESITATE to help this sister out!

Also, for any sisters living in the New England area, please send tips on how you protect your hair during these snowy months. And how do you keep it moisturized without over moisturizing?

THANKS!

me~:rolleyes:

I don't live in the New England area but I know that you would have to include some type of protein treatment to help strengthen your hair which also helps to prevent your hair from getting that "mushy" feeling.

I just noticed I have been alternating between moisturizing DCs and protein/strengthening DCs thats why I think I haven't encountered the mushy hair yet.

I deep conditioned with Pantene's R&N and Hairveda's Vatika Frosting for 45 minutes. Detangling was a breeze. I love these two products together. I think I will start mixing the Vatika Frosting with other conditioners to see if I get the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back