DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first DC of the week. I am using Vitale Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise. It has proteins such as oat and hydrolyzed soy, and some other ingredients. This is my second time using it. The first time I used it I added honey, I noticed less hair coming out it the comb my hair felt a little hard but when it dried it was nice and soft.

ok so that is it for now.

i'm dcing with keracare moisturizing conditioner for color treated hair. so far i don't like the consistency. it feels gummy.... hopefully it feels nice when i rinse.

eta: it felt really nice when i rinsed and made detangling and rollersetting a DREAM!!!!

Last edited:
Ooh, I almost forgot about this thread.
Last night I DC'd with Kenra MC & HSR for about 30 min under the dryer. At first my hair felt a little :ohwell: I didn't know what was going on.

But after rinsing a bit, the slip was crazy and my hair felt great. I usually don't mix unless I'm trying to get rid of something but this felt great on my hair.

Keep the protein mild for a now and only use a moderate to hardcore protein if your hair has way too much stretch in it okay?

I plan to use Hairveda's Moist Condition Pro which has a balance of protein & moisture.

Last edited:
I definitely noticed an increased growth rate, but that I have to look at the MT for that, as well. What I noticed more, was just overall health. It's softer yet stronger. It's easier to detangle. It stays moist for a week at a time - it's just happier, period. :yep:

That's right JK, you are using the MT regularly.
How is that going for you? I Hope well!

Oh honey no worries.
I am just now reading it. OM Goodness! There was a lot of catching up to do!

Obviously I don't backtrack in this thread...girl naw that's not my normal amount of times dc'ing lol. In the summer, I try to do 1-2/wk but since it's been so cold, I've been doing good to get 1 done in a week, sometimes 2 wks :spank: hence my reason for joining this challenge :grin:. I have more accountability so I'm on it again. I forgot how much I actually liked to dc!

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies,

Not beating my Kenra, but close very close.
I purchased this dominican conditioner and it is wonderful.
Both of them smell really good.
I have used 3times so far.

The first one (green) gave major slip and left my hair so moisturized and soft. AMAZING!
The DR. Cabello (blue) I used as a prepoo and then DCd with the Crece Pelo, Loved it. Dr. Cabello gave my hair a lot of strength as well.

You can get at Amazon, Bluebeez, Sickbay, and iBeautyNY.

Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Gliceryl Monoestearate, Behentrimoinium Chloride Fragrance, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben.
Extract & Natural Active: Laurel, Nettle, Amica, Bardana, Watercress, Calendula, Ivy, Manzanilla, Lemon, Pine, Romero, Capuchina, Salvia, Tioxolona, Milk of Cotton and Fribo Active.

Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Gliceryl Behentrimonium Chloride, PEG-20, Steareth-2, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Acetamide, Lactamide, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisotearate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed (Wheat, Milk, Oat, Silk, Keratine) Protein, Tioxolona, Milk of Cotton, Fibro Activates and Fragrance.

Ladies about to wash dc and rollerset. I feel so left out w/o a camera you just wait when I get one you guys are going to be sick of looking at me !!!:grin:

do y'all think it's too much to be DCing every other day? That's what I've just decided on but it looks so frequent when I actually wrote it down on my calendar. I hope my hair thanks me! I'll be doing a protein once every 2 weeks.

That's right JK, you are using the MT regularly.
How is that going for you? I Hope well!

It's going well. I need to get back on the wagon - I've started experimenting with different/faster styles since I have more length, and the scalp is a bit harder to get to, now. :lol:

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies,

The first one (green) gave major slip and left my hair so moisturized and soft. AMAZING!
The DR. Cabello (blue) I used as a prepoo and then DCd with the Crece Pelo, Loved it. Dr. Cabello gave my hair a lot of strength as well.

Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Gliceryl Monoestearate, Behentrimoinium Chloride Fragrance, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben.
Extract & Natural Active: Laurel, Nettle, Amica, Bardana, Watercress, Calendula, Ivy, Manzanilla, Lemon, Pine, Romero, Capuchina, Salvia, Tioxolona, Milk of Cotton and Fribo Active.

Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Gliceryl Behentrimonium Chloride, PEG-20, Steareth-2, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Acetamide, Lactamide, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisotearate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed (Wheat, Milk, Oat, Silk, Keratine) Protein, Tioxolona, Milk of Cotton, Fibro Activates and Fragrance.

WHAT!?!?! Two new DC's - no cones, no petroluems? :lick: Thank you for sharing!!! (esp. the ingredients - I love it when ladies do that!)

do y'all think it's too much to be DCing every other day? That's what I've just decided on but it looks so frequent when I actually wrote it down on my calendar. I hope my hair thanks me! I'll be doing a protein once every 2 weeks.

Your hair will tell you if it's too much - it'll start getting really soft, and extra stretchy, and feel 'mushy'. If it happens, don't panic - just toss in a protien treatment, and back away from the DC's (reduce the frequency). :look: I always like getting my hair to the over moisturized point, because then I know it's full of moisture, and if I can maintain just slightly below that level, my hair will be super happy. It's kinda like filling up a cup in a dark room, blindfolded. I can't tell how full it is til it overflows, but then I know it's full. :lol:

Ladies about to wash dc and rollerset. I feel so left out w/o a camera you just wait when I get one you guys are going to be sick of looking at me !!!:grin:

LOL!!! Girl you are too funny:grin:.

I think this is a lot of manipulation for sure but watch your hair closely and you can determine whether or not it's good for your hair, okay?

Clarified with GVP Aloe Rid

Dc'd for an hour with Osmo Essence Masque :up:

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies,

Extract & Natural Active: Laurel, Nettle, Amica, Bardana, Watercress, Calendula, Ivy, Manzanilla, Lemon, Pine, Romero, Capuchina, Salvia, Tioxolona, Milk of Cotton and Fribo Active.​

Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Gliceryl Behentrimonium Chloride, PEG-20, Steareth-2, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Acetamide, Lactamide, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisotearate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed (Wheat, Milk, Oat, Silk, Keratine) Protein, Tioxolona, Milk of Cotton, Fibro Activates and Fragrance.​
I've had the green one, along w/the rinse for a while now. It's alright...I was just eyeballing the Doctor one today. Thanks for posting the ingredients!

I've had the green one, along w/the rinse for a while now. It's alright...I was just eyeballing the Doctor one today. Thanks for posting the ingredients!

It smells really good. The Dr. Caballo IMO is like a light reconstructor based on the protein and keratin contents. I thought it left my hair strong. The Crece Pelo left me with soft hair with a lot of slip. It is like a 8 out of 10 on the moisture factor. I really like it. Not better than my Kenra though.

Girl lennet, I just added a few of these to my wish list on sallys.com. I want to try the GVP Paul Mitchell the conditioner and the biolage conditioning balm. There are others, but for now, those two are at the top of my list. I really want the jojoba, olive oil, and tea tree Hair One cleansing conditioners as well.

ETA: Ooooh, I forgot, I want the GVP K-Pak conditioner too.

I want to try the GVP Paul Mitchell as well...the biolage conditioning balm is :lick:. I have the GVP K Pak reconstructor but I havent really figured out how I want to use it yet.

I want to try the GVP Paul Mitchell as well...the biolage conditioning balm is :lick:. I have the GVP K Pak reconstructor but I havent really figured out how I want to use it yet.

Well this is a protein conditioner, so you can either use it as a 15-20 protein treatment followed by a moisturizing DC like the conditioning balm or you can mix them together and DC for 30 minutes. You may also choose to DC on dry hair and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. Just a few thoughts on how you can use it.

Today. Deep conditioned for 2 hours with Aveda Damage Remedy treatment followed by DR conditioner. Hmmm Hmmm, Delicious hair.

Today I deep conditioned with heat on dry hair with ORS Replenishing Conditioner for 15 minutes. I shampooed and followed with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner and left it on for 15 minutes.

Yesterday, I prepooed with OCT and coconut oil and then DCed with AO HSR.
I think I am addicted to DCing so I will be DCing again today or tomorrow. That won't be too much will it?

thanks to tiffers encouragement I am now DCing on a regular.

Still, in an interest to maximize time...

Can someone give me pros and cons to DCing on dry hair?

I've been DCing on wet hair either with heat or overnight under a shower cap.

I really like to shampoo and rinse in the shower (without taking 2 showers back to back since I stay 20-30 mins as it is).

Do you still get the same benefits DCing on dry hair?

thanks!

I've been deep conditioning with CPR as a prepoo since the beginning of the year. This is the first time in about 2 years that I havent seen ONE strand of breakage while detangling. I've also been deep conditioning over night at least twice a week.

off topic: I've noticed that my biggest hurdle in retaining length is my addiction to wearing my hair down. I was wearing it down every weekend. I havent worn my hair down since january 1. My new years resolution is to keep it hidden more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back