Does you SO help you out Financially??

Mine does not.

I would never ask my bf for money. we have only been dating for 3 months, even if longer I dont think I would. But, seeing how he is now, he would probably give me money without asking.

For instance almost every time I drive to his place in the morning before I leave he takes my car to fill with gas. Why I ask, he says because gas is expensive and he doesnt want me spending my money to come see him.

i guess that may qualify as "help" though Im not sure if thats what you meant. I think you mean like borrowing/loaning money.

In that case I have done that for a SO when I was 18 0r 19 and dont think I would do that again.

Before we married, he did and I really needed help. I didn't have to ask either. That's why I couldn't date a guy who didn't have his stuff together more/better than I did.

yes but i've never asked though; he somehow just knows when funds are running low.

Not right now because he's graduating from college in May. But whenever I needed it and he had it, he'd give it to me. I never had to ask. Truthfully, I'm too prideful to ask. I'll starve before I ask my SO or my Mom for $. Now from Daddy...that's another story...LOL.

But SO says (and I quote) "Once I get my full-time job, I'm going to concentrate on paying down OUR debt, because when we get married I want us to be debt-free."

He has when I was short on cash and he tells me that he would take care of me if I lost my job or something; but I would have to change my spending habits! :lachen:

But prayerfully, that won't happen.:look:

I make more money then he does and I don't help him out financially; nor has he ever needed it or asked. He makes enough money to keep us both modestly comfortable.

However, he pays for our dates or treats; but I treat him too.

For the first time in my adult life i can say NO and me no likey I'm trying to adjust to it and be a big girl about the situation. LOL! I have never had to ask in the past either it was just done.

Honestly, I've never had a SO help me out financially. I was always the one that was better off. If someone would try to help me financial, I would know how to act/what to say.

Back