Does you hair appear thicker as it grows longer?

IWantBSl09

I just got out the salon less than 2 hours ago and while I am happy with the progress I've made (I'm almost apl in the back), I feel like my hair is so limp and thin looking. Granted, I know hair tends to look like this the very first day of relaxer for some women (myself included...:perplexed ). So i was wondering if the ladies who grew their hair long (apl and longer) did the hair appeared or looked thicker as it grew longer?

Also, I just completed a 4 month stretch, but shed alot within the past two weeks, but now I'm considereing going for 6months (especially since i learned over the past 4 months), until the end of the year hehe...im soo happy im almost apl, even if its only in the back!!!

I'm not APL (a little past shoulder) but my hair is looking thinner the longer it gets. I know it's not though (I don't think) so I don't stress about it.

I'm not APL (a little past shoulder) but my hair is looking thinner the longer it gets. I know it's not though (I don't think) so I don't stress about it.

:blush::blush::blush::blush:

Oh man, thats kinda scary (bc my hair is thin enough, lol)...but as long as you're not too worried about it, then thats good. But man I hope mine doesn't look thinner than it already is, if thats the case, I'd rather it look the same as it does now...but just longer:grin:hehe

The person that does my hair told me that the shorter your hair is the thicker it looks because she thought that i was going to let her cut my hair after such hard worK but i told her that i didnt care how thin it looks(I WILL GROW LONG HAIR) and when i do she sure as hell wont get her jealous hands in it.

1. The person that does my hair told me that the shorter your hair is the thicker it looks because she thought that i was going to let her cut my hair after such hard worK but i told her that i didnt care how thin it looks(I WILL GROW LONG HAIR) and when i do she sure as hell wont get her jealous hands in it.[/quote] -
yeah I don't trust some stylists especially if they see your hair is growing and theirs isn't or their hair is looking busted. That's why I will go back to NYC (I'm in Boston right now) just for my stylist bc I really can't trust anyone else.

1. I don't believe that, because my hair looks thin when its short. I know everyone hair is different, but I know for a fact for me, shorter hair=thin looking hair:ohwell:.

I'm soo glad my stylist doesnt even bother asking me if she can trim it because she knows I'm going to say no. Like today she said "you know I'm not even going to bother asking you if you want to trim because I know you're going to say no" - lol, she knows me lol.

My hair looks thinner as it grows if I'm not dusting regularly. My deduction is that by dusting, I eliminate some of the split ends that might've torn up the strand and completely broken off leaving thinner strands. I posted pics before of the difference and will be happy to post them again if you're interested.

I just got out the salon less than 2 hours ago and while I am happy with the progress I've made (I'm almost apl in the back), I feel like my hair is so limp and thin looking. Granted, I know hair tends to look like this the very first day of relaxer for some women (myself included...:perplexed ). So i was wondering if the ladies who grew their hair long (apl and longer) did the hair appeared or looked thicker as it grew longer?

Also, I just completed a 4 month stretch, but shed alot within the past two weeks, but now I'm considereing going for 6months (especially since i learned over the past 4 months), until the end of the year hehe...im soo happy im almost apl, even if its only in the back!!!

My hair thickens, the "tail (near the back & center) drops, and the rest of my hair meets it; if that makes sense

Back