Does anyone blowdry thier hair on a regular basis

I now I cant believe I'm asking this since I promised to never use a blowdryer again but.............. I think would really save me some time styling my hair this way as I approach the end of my transition. If any one has a good healty regime please let me know. TIA.

i blowdry regularly. i'm one of those people that airdrying does way more damage than good. i wash, deep condition, put some salerm and let my hair dry about 75%, and then i spray with heat protectant and blowdry. Sometimes i tie my hair down after i put some leave-in and Salerm and let it dry overnight. Then i blowdry the next day. I can do this successfully without causing any damage.

I blowdry regularly, and it does damage my hair a bit, but now I'm transitioning my hair looks a mess without blowdrying. And it *looks* healthier when I blowdry it.
Anyway, it doesn't matter if it gets damaged, it's getting cut off eventually anyway! (My excuse for doing all sorts of bad things to my hair ;) )

I blowdry once a week and it shows :(

so, please back away fron the blowdryer it does more harm then good

Try blow drying on low or cool. It will take longer but may be less damaging. I would try to stay with once a week using direct heat.

HTH

vaqtea said:
I blowdry once a week and it shows :(

so, please back away fron the blowdryer it does more harm then good

I was blowdrying once a week too. And it took a toll on my hair :sad: I just got so tired of roller setting, I got lazy and started blowdrying every week sometimes twice. My hair stays healthy with rollersetting and flatrioning the roots when needed. Periodic blowdrying is okay for me, but definitely not every week. I have learned my lesson. I will only blowdry when I am in a hurry.

I msut admit I fell off the healthy hair trip for the last 6 months or so. I've been blowdrying my hair once a week to help me stretch my relaxer. But I never blowdried ir from wet. I always let it airdry in a ponytail and then blow it straight the next day. I'm getting away from that though as it did tend to damage my hair somewhat.

I blowdry my hair like 2x a week on a warm temp setting. I have very little hair breakage/loss. For me, it hasn't caused any negative effects. I think it's the high heat of blowdryers and then when you follow with a heating tool (curling or flat iron) that causes the most damage.
Use a heat protector.
Don't dry from soaking wet.
Use the lowest temp setting you can.

I blowdry once a week and i don't believe i have any damage. I tried air drying but i loose too much hair. I barely loose hair when i blowdry. I am able to blowdry my hair straight without having to use a flat-iron. Or sometimes I'll just blowdry the roots straight and semi-dry the hair. and then flat-iron in the morn and wear it straight the rest of the week. I don't think it's that damaging as long as you use a heat-protectanct. Cause truth be told... sometimes that dome dryer at the salon is hotter than my blowdryer. u know....

I can't blowdry my hair it dries my hair out horribly. My hair comes out nice and soft when I let it airdry.

i blowdry when i'm in a rush and i've found the keracare blowdrying lotion offers heat protection and moisture. one of my favorite products.
shake the bottle first. spray on your entire head or in sections (as you blowdry) and you'll have great results.

I'm thinking of blowdrying 2x/month to help me transition. I can't do braids,weaves,interlocks anymore and my natural hair is too "tight" for me to successfully airdry and transition. I would loose too much hair and end up relaxing again. I'm thinking blowdrying it will help in maintaining it in between washes. Guess I'll try it and see and as PerfectDoak said the ends will be coming off anyways..lol

hmmm.........thanks for all the replies. I was only hoping to blowdry every 2-3 weeks on a low setting maybe letting my hair airdry a bit. How does that sound? Airdrying just takes so long cause my hair is so thick, and getting through those culrs is an experience. I don't know, guess I'll do more trial runs on some things, after all thats how this whole transition has been for the most part.

I was in the same boat when I was transitioning. I was trying to avoid heat, but after the first 9 months of my transition the airdrying wasn't doing it. So I spent the last half of my transition blowdrying once per week. I always deep conditioned and used a leave-in and blow-dry agent with heat protection. I didn't have a totally set regimen during that time so I didn't always use the same thing to blow dry with. My favorite, though, and the thing I was using most towards the end was Elucence Silk Hydrating Elixir. And I also didn't use the highest heat, and didn't use any other heat implements afterwards (curling iron, flat iron).

I did experience some thinning at the ends after doing this a few months but I wore my hair in a bun most of the time so it didn't matter, and it wasn't bad enough that I wouldn't wear a ponytail out from time to time. Whenever they looked too raggedy to wear out in a ponytail, that was my cue to trim about .5 inch off the ends. So my hair would always look decent and I felt like I was making progress towards being natural :yep:

You can blowdry your hair without sustaining too much damage, but blowdrying is probably the most damaging drying method. Thinning ends can result from blowdrying without following some basic steps. I would do what others reco'd and that's: keep the blowdryer on a low setting and never blowdry wet hair, no matter how hurried you are. Prep your hair with a serum or lotion, dry your hair under a hooded dryer or airdry until slightly damp before proceeding with a blowdryer.

Faith: I noted that you are transistioning. So you went from natural to texturized to relaxed and now to transitioning to natural?. Curious? Is is because you have achieved most of the length you want and would just like to have natural long hair or is it because of other hair challenges you were facing? You have lovely hair and would love to see more updates soon. Bonjour

I blow dry once a week when I have new growth blow drying is my only option bc otherwise my NG is unmanageable and causes breakage.

I use keracare foam wrap set lotion (pump) & elucence mb conditioner as leave ins before I blow dry and use eqp recovery + bb super lite after i blow dry. I love the results---and blowdrying allows me to extend my relaxer.

I tend to blowdry more after 10 weeks post relaxer with BBD Stretch Creme on a low heat setting my hair hates airdrying too frequently and I have not experience major damage.

Back