ON a regular basis, your hair looks like....

Does your hair look that good everyday?

• when I let my hair loose, yes it looks like that.

Votes: 24 16.4%
  • Well, it takes some work/product/heat but yes

Votes: 27 18.5%
  • no my hair does not look like that unless I get in my bathroom for a few hours

Votes: 45 30.8%
  • other so I don't really care - bunning or other (explain)

Votes: 50 34.2%

• Total voters
My hair is in a ponytail, bun, or a hot mess on most days. It takes hours (almost a half day) to deep condition, roller set, dry, and flat iron. People always tell me "Your hair is so long, why don't you get your hair done sometimes?" But I don't care/

I like to have fun with my hair so I think it looks nice everyday with little effort. I put my hair in 4-6 flexirods at night and pin up with bobby pins my daily styles are something like this:

hair3.jpg

hair5.jpg

hair6.jpg

Yes, my hair does look nice everyday. I just wash and go usually so it's nothing spectacular or earth shattering.

I don't have a picture up but I usually only take pictures right after I get a perm. So if I did have a picture, I would say it doesn't look like that 95% of the time. Perm doesn't last forever lol. Most of the time it's cowlicks and stray hairs, I work hard lol.

My hair isn't very glamorous, lol.

It always looks like a gigantic furball on my head the same way it looks in my siggy, and it takes about 10 minutes to get it that way. Other people IRL like my hair more than I do.:nono:

99% of the time my hair is in a wash and go or braidout. I don't straighten very often.

i voted other since styling my hair is pretty effortless depending on the style I'm trying to achieve. If I'm bunning then yea its easy and it looks great! But wearing it down takes some effort and time. :ohwell:

Nope, I stretch and my hair is in a bun 90% of the time. My avatar/siggie pics are usually of my hair rollerset & then wrapped (with the roots blown out if I am many weeks post).

After I reach my ultimate goal (hopefully by the end of next year or sooner) I plan to be glamorous all day every day :grin:.

My hair is always in a bun. It is only like my Avatar when I relax *every 12 weeks*. Once I reach my goal my hair will be out on a regular basis.

For me, I have been bunning lately because I really don't feel like doing my hair. I have just been lazy lately. Also, it is soooo hot and humid here, that any rollerset I do, looks like a frizzy afro. I may start wearing my hair out this fall again after I get my relaxer(hopefully next week.):grin:

Because I'm still transitioning (I'm 17 months post), my hair only looks like my avatar / siggy when I flat iron it once a month. My daily style is my trusty bun.

DailyBun-vi.jpg

Nope unless it's a wig or weave or something. I think the consensus on this board is that most people let their hair down or get it done for special occasions. The rest of the time it is up or away in order to reach a goal.

my avi is the way i got my hair after the best WNG of my life...and it was so simple to do that i duplicate it whenever i do a WNG. unfortunately (i think) my hair has been braided up for about a month, but it will be back this weekend!

Great thread! I wear my hair the way it is in my siggy about once a week or so. I took that pic at a bout 4 in the am after coming in from partying

Most of the time I have it in a banana clip because it is starting to rub against my shoulders and this is a good conservative style for work (I wear a uniform).

No, my hair is never glamorus. My hair is always covered because I wear half wigs and now I'm in a weave and will be in one at least until the end of the year.

Most of the time, my hair looks like one of the styles in my siggy because I can easily wear them for an entire week, until my next wash. I must admit, though, the siggy pics were taken on Day 1...by Day 7, and after 3-4 workouts, my 'do doesn't look quite as....ummm... "fresh." :look: Great question, OP!

No, my hair in my avi is what it looks like on a good day. Most days my hair is frizzier and looks a mess because i haven't moisturized enough or because im trying out a new crappy product. I never wear my hair down though, so i don't care i usually put it in 1 huge braid and go.

I voted "no"...it's summer plus I workout 4-6 times a week so right now I'm hiding my hair under a half-wig (and will do so for the remainder of the summer). Other than that I usually do buns. I very rarely wear my hair out...

helllllllllllll no! it sure does not. once in a while, i get the urge to experiment or i manage to do something pretty and the pics wind up in my fotki/siggy/avi. my hair is usually either in a shrunken fro or pulled back in headband. this is why i hardly have any photos in my fotki albums; i don't do anything that interesting with my hair.

Last edited:
tocktick, I remember looking at your siggy and thinking " ok the lady must have such patience to put all that nice healthy hair in plaits before going to bed"

cuz i know for a fact you CAN'T sleep on a 'fro unless you want t o cry next morning.
thanks!:yep:

on a day to day basis my hair looks like sht. im bout to throw in the towel on this hair stuff and just do constant weaves for awhile.

Back