DO YOU "LEND" OUT YOUR HAIR STUFF?

People can't borrow what they don't know about! I keep all my hair tools on the down-low!

Nope I don't have that problem.

"Can I borrow your flat iron?"

"What flat iron???" :look:

People can't borrow what they don't know about! I keep all my hair tools on the down-low!

Nope I don't have that problem.

"Can I borrow your flat iron?"

"What flat iron???" :look:

Bwahahahaha!!:lachen:

I catch myself being careful not to open my "supplies" closet if I have someone over. Partly out of embarrassment because I don't want people to know how conditioner obsessed I am and partly because I don't want them looking all through it trying to figure out what they can get their little hands on.:nono:

I used to, but I have learned my lesson a long time ago. Growing up my sister thought it was okay to keep "borrowing" my hair products even after I started hiding them from her:wallbash:.

Lend? Never again! :wallbash:

I lived with my roommate for 2 years now! A few months ago she did the BC, asked to borrow the flat iron to do a check length. In the hallway, I smelt a mixture of burnt hair and cheap oil sheen. Yup, u guessed it, my flat iron was left in a state of no repair. There was permanent black crust on and around the plates!!! :wallbash::wallbash: It took forever to scrape it off and its still tarnished!! I know she'll ask to use it again, i have no idea how i'm gonna say "no", but believe it will never get into her paws again!!!

And my garnier leave in came back 3/4 empty this morning:ohwell: Mind u, this was a newly bought bottle. What on earth could u have done with 3/4 leave in with 2 inches of hair over a 3-day weekend?!?!?!?!??!? Tell me!?!?!

*Smh*....LEND.....

Bwahahahaha!!:lachen:

I catch myself being careful not to open my "supplies" closet if I have someone over. Partly out of embarrassment because I don't want people to know how conditioner obsessed I am and partly because I don't want them looking all through it trying to figure out what they can get their little hands on.:nono:

HAHAHA! People are nosey ain't they!!!??

I keep my hair tools UNDER the extra bathroom rugs in the hall closet! :grin: And since I don't use heat often, they can rest there peacefully until I need them again.

But it's a little harder to hide 15 bottles of conditioner! :ohwell:

girl... HAYLE NAW!!! my momma always told me not to share hair stuff with others... hygiene reasons. the only person i've ever shared a comb/brush with is my mom and sister, when we all lived together. okay and my son, i've used a comb on his hair that i've used on mine before.

outside of them, no. i'd let them sample a product but that's about it... and only if i liked them... :look:

I just stopped unless they are my two best friends lol. Last time I let someone see my stuff, they tried to school me on why my hair is the way it is... "You use Keracare? I thought you used ORS shampoo! That's why your hair coming out. (when is looks perfectly fine) Everybody uses ORS!!"

I keep my old flatiron and products that did not work for me to "lend" if anyone stays over/asks

My staples/ new appliances, Sorry NAH!

EXACTLY! I will use my stuff on somebody, but it can't leave my house.

I don't borrow and I try to never lend.

Lending= never get it back!

ppl will "borrow" things and only when you come to they house and see your stuff, they go, "oh, I meant to give that back to you. . ." you get it back and it's like you should have lied and said you lost it! I always believed that you should protect someone elses property better than you would your own.
Go figure!

Honestly....as far as neighbors goes if they are asking to borrow something that cost more than a couple of dollars it is inappropriate......My neighbor recently asked to borrow my carpet shampooer....and I nicely explained that I don't loan out stuff like ....Sorry.....If she was mad ...I really don't care...I don't have to go to bed with her at night....lol

Other people will not take care of your stuff ....Because it's not theirs

Only between my daughter and myself...:yep: We have the same type hair and use just about the same of everything.

She has better hair care habits and experience than I do, so I've used more of her supplies, etc., than she's used of mine. :rolleyes:

Outside of that, it's very rare...

NO !

I will give away many different things,to whom ever, my personal use Items, I won't even let my children use.

no one has ever asked me....if it were a close friend who was in a bind I probably would...depending on if they return things that they borrow....a person who I didn't know like that...um hell to the no :look:

Nah...only if it was like a relative living really close to me and i knew how often they washed their hair (:look:)

If it was an emergency like they had JUST dropped theirs and had a dress on or something ready to go to an even....yeah, but other than that you can go ahead and hop in that car.

I would have been like "i dont use any" (thats horrible to lie buy hey)

I do have cheap one i would lone....not my chi. And i would still want my money from the cheap one.

How you gonna wanna buy somebody else's iron from them....did she see when you brought it?

ETA---I would let a LHCF person borrow one if i found out we were neighbors...does she come on this site?

Heck No!!! I don't know how other people are taking care of their hair and besides that, I pay a helluva lot of money for my hair tools and honestly it really doesn't bother me how they feel about me saying NO to them. I just explain to them that that's one of the things I just don't do. Firstly, dandruff is a fungus of the scalp and I don't want someone else's fungi in my hair or on my scalp, eeeyuuuuww! Just gross! I don't even want or like anyone using my combs and brushes - not even my sisters. They don't take care of their hair like I do, so NO NO NO - HECK NO!!!

Nah...only if it was like a relative living really close to me and i knew how often they washed their hair (:look:)

If it was an emergency like they had JUST dropped theirs and had a dress on or something ready to go to an even....yeah, but other than that you can go ahead and hop in that car.

I do have cheap one i would lone....not my chi. And i would still want my money from the cheap one.

How you gonna wanna buy somebody else's iron from them....did she see when you brought it?

ETA---I would let a LHCF person borrow one if i found out we were neighbors...does she come on this site?

Okay I might be willing to bend a litttle for my LHCF sistas here:grin:.

Hijack

MsCocoface - I get relaxed every time I look at your siggy pic. Ahh the effects of sun and landscaping :yep:

Aww thanks, that is why I put it up there. No need in being selfish. Others need relaxation also. Gotta help my sistahs anyway I can!!:yep:

Okay, back to topic. Lending is a no no!

:lachen::lachen::lachen: No and No.

I've never lent out my hair stuff but I will make samples of stuff for my friends if they ask. Even my white friends come to me to find out about products and if I have any I'll give them a little bit.

I've never lent out my hair stuff but I will make samples of stuff for my friends if they ask. Even my white friends come to me to find out about products and if I have any I'll give them a little bit.

Oh yeah? You have some good stuff over there, huh? What kinda samples we talkin' bout? :lachen:

Back