Do you go OUT without your DH/SO?

CurliDiva

I went to a 4th of July cookout, and was surprised at the number of men there without their SO. These guys were open about being married (rings in plain sight) or happily attached and they were not trying to pick anyone up (I think) … but I was surprised that couples were not together.

How often do you go out (especially in mixed company...not talking about girls' event) without your OTHER HALF? Barring work or babysitting conflicts, why do people do this?

The only time I can get rid of him is when I go clothes shopping which I stopped doing (trying to save money have too many clothes anyway). We're like siamese twins for the most part you don't see one without the other.

Sometimes, but not if it's something like a 4th of July BBQ.
I can't imagine us wanting to go our seperate ways on holidays. Even if we have seperate events we want to got to, we will spend a little time at each place. Now, if one of us has to work, that's different.

I'm kinda confused, OP...are you saying that you find it weird that people go out without their SO?

To answer your question though, I do go out a lot without my SO, just because I feel that all couples need time apart to spend with their own friends/fam, so yea, I go out with my friends just as much as I go out with my SO :yep:

I guess I found it weird that a married person would go ALONE to holiday event (most people are off work for the 4th of July, right???) where there are both sexes in attendance (not talking about you following him to a poker game or him going shoe shopping with you & your gal pals).....there were at least 8-10 guys there who did not bring their wives.

Is that strange? :ohwell:

I guess I found it weird that a married person would go ALONE to holiday event (most people are off work for the 4th of July, right???) where there are both sexes in attendance (not talking about you following him to a poker game or him going shoe shopping with you & your gal pals).....there were at least 8-10 guys there who did not bring their wives.

Is that strange? :ohwell:

Well, for each is own. I have 8 uncles ranging from 35 to 55 years of age and my family has a cookout for every holiday. Sometime, mostimes the wives show up but not every time. I do not find it weird though...especially knowing the years they've been married. I don't expect to see them in attendance at every event.

My SO and I on the otherhand attend everything together, but my ex barely met any of my family and friends. His reason was because he did not feel like being bothered...Jerk!

Back