Votes: 33 3.2%
  • No, I haven't but I've always wanted to

Votes: 518 49.6%
  • Nope, never considered it

Votes: 200 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well warm water does help, but if the issue is that your hair doesn't usually hold a shine, it might just be that. Unless theresome shine sprays that can be left in the hair. I am sure there must be some other product that adds shine with like a fine misting spray. I'm sorry the henna didn't bring it out like you had hoped!
Thanks for the reply but I'm not giving up hope.:lol: My next henna application I am going to use warm water and see if that helps.

I'm going to add Hairveda's CoCasta Shikakai Herbal Hair Oil to my next henna mix and see how that works out.

I henna'd for the 1st time on friday...I'm soooo in love. My hair was immediately stronger yet soft. And the shine is ridiculous!!!! I also notice may hair responds better to moisturizers.

Here's the mix I used:

100g Jamilla
6 oz of greek full fat yogurt
2 tblsp of Alma oil
1 tsp pomegranate juice
a pinch of paprika

I let it sit for about 6 hours and kept in on for 3. This is now gonna be a staple for me!!!

I think I will let my Henna sit overnight or while I am at work next time. I am excited. I have only Henna'd once but I am hooked. My hair already looks thicker!

so ThatJerseyGirl gave us a thread with an indian forum.

today i learned about mixing the henna in an iron pot. never read that before.
thread: http://www.indusladies.com/hair-care-and-hair-styles/8828-best-henna-mix.html
also discussed here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=6892

do any of you mix in an iron vessel?

why is the iron so important?

what reaction does the iron have with the henna?

anyone have an iron kadhayi?

I have an iron pot from India that I got at the market. I do some East Indian cooking. It reacts with the Amla which is nearly pure vitamin c/ascetic acid??/ Some kind of acid lol. It turns the powder mix of henna/amla jet black and if mixed with shikakai, it is said to reverse greying, not just covering it. I've heard success stories but they did say it took months for the hair to start growing in natural color.

I have an iron pot from India that I got at the market. I do some East Indian cooking. It reacts with the Amla which is nearly pure vitamin c/ascetic acid??/ Some kind of acid lol. It turns the powder mix of henna/amla jet black and if mixed with shikakai, it is said to reverse greying, not just covering it. I've heard success stories but they did say it took months for the hair to start growing in natural color.

Can you post a pic of this pot and a link where I can purchase one pretty please GV:grin:? Girl my grays are coming in too fast and if I can reverse it, that would be so so cool:yep:. Or is it the pot you're talking about?

^^^yes why,b/c of the amount of pages?

But I henna'd for the firt time on Friday too ( pics on my page). I got my henna from Hennasooq.com (thumbs up). I mixed mine with amla, acv, rose water, and lavender EO oh and some HRS condish. I let it sit for a day and a half. And kept it in my hair for 4 and a half hours.After deep conditioning and moitsturizing...I will say that I notice a difference in how soft and strong my hair is.

I am glad to hear everyone is having a henna of a good time :)

I agree this thread should be "STICKY"-ied. A good section on ayurvedic hair care is essential. It would make it much easier for people to head to without the big searches.

I did my first henna and indigo this past saturday, and i was amazed at the results.. Its official a staple until i see other wise. My hair looks good. pics will be in fotki soon, i promise.

I did my first henna and indigo this past saturday, and i was amazed at the results.. Its official a staple until i see other wise. My hair looks good. pics will be in fotki soon, i promise.

That's great, Amazing! :yay: I'm happy to hear that it worked out well for you!:clap:

I made a request to the owner asking if we could have a part of the forum titles natural hair care, or ayurveda hair care something like that.

I mean on Facebook there is over 10,000 members alone who are in the natural hair group. We should SO HAVE ONE! But we need MORE people to request it.. :)

I made a request to the owner asking if we could have a part of the forum titles natural hair care, or ayurveda hair care something like that.

I mean on Facebook there is over 10,000 members alone who are in the natural hair group. We should SO HAVE ONE! But we need MORE people to request it.. :)

Good Idea:yep:

Yes that's her! Thanks for posting up the link.

EVERYONE message her please! Spread the word :)

She is just one day away from my baby's birth date of June 6th!

just wondering if anyone has a good mix or an idea on how to get a good purple color henna result
I just got the wacky idea of adding a squirt of my blackberry colored cellophane into my henna mix :scratchch just for the extra pigment :scratchch

Any ideas ladies?

I just got the wacky idea of adding a squirt of my blackberry colored cellophane into my henna mix :scratchch just for the extra pigment :scratchch

Any ideas ladies?
Dang I love this thread. I never thought about that until you mentioned this AJJ. Now my wheels are turning:scratchch. I think I will try that next time I henna and see what happens.

just wondering if anyone has a good mix or an idea on how to get a good purple color henna result

A packet of unsweetened KoolAid. I heard somewhere that people mix it with the Henna. Sounds right to me because we add things like hisbiscus flower and tumeric etc. Actually, that's a pretty good idea...to think of the various shades of red one can get with the Kool Aid/Henna.

Hi ladies

I have been reading this post for ever - (still not finished so sorry if this has been covered between pages 102 and here!)

I have ordered my BAQ Jamila henna and indigo powder and am very eager to jump on the bandwagon, I'm going for as black as my hair will go. My question is when doing a 2 step application, I need to apply henna, wash/rinse with condish several times, apply indigo, and after rinsing the indigo then do my moisturising DC, right?

TIA

Hi ladies

I have been reading this post for ever - (still not finished so sorry if this has been covered between pages 102 and here!)

I have ordered my BAQ Jamila henna and indigo powder and am very eager to jump on the bandwagon, I'm going for as black as my hair will go. My question is when doing a 2 step application, I need to apply henna, wash/rinse with condish several times, apply indigo, and after rinsing the indigo then do my moisturising DC, right?

TIA

You got it!
I hope it works out for you and you like it.

I am just not sure how much you want to wash and condition each time like in between, since you are about to do indigo right after that.

Perhaps do the henna and wash it out, with a conditioner, and then do your indigo right after and then you can treat it with deep conditioning and oiling. Some people also do the conditioning before they do their henna/ayurvedic hair treatment.

You just have to find the method that makes your hair happy and keeps it well balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back