Votes: 33 3.2%
  • No, I haven't but I've always wanted to

Votes: 518 49.6%
  • Nope, never considered it

Votes: 200 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I will be henna Glossing from now on! Yogurt is a bit drying for me - Like henna... So I will have to add tons of oils and condish.

Yup, that's what I do too.

Thanks Aggie. Yea - I realized that the Yogurt - :rolleyes: took me 3 days or more to recover from...
And so with henna - I am not gonna take any chances....

Henna
Any other powders laying around
Hot water
Oil
Condish

Mix - and Put it on!!!!! I should be Good!!! I gotta keep things simple.

In that case luckiestdestiny, try Cassia.

Thanks so much,

it can be used the same way? Meaning the same application of honey, etc can be used with cassia? I was looking at curly nikkies site (the way she applies and I wanted to do it that way) and her hair is sic gorgeous!

Thanks so much,

it can be used the same way? Meaning the same application of honey, etc can be used with cassia? I was looking at curly nikkies site (the way she applies and I wanted to do it that way) and her hair is sic gorgeous!

Oh yes, it is henna but this one doesn't leave any color deposits. Who is curly nikki?

Conditioner with my henna does not seem to work for me.

I guess the mixture gets too gritty for me or something. I don't know something just doesn't work withit.

I think I'll join with those of you who will be henna-glossing from now on. My mix will be:
  • henna
  • Tresemme Moisture Vitamin E
  • Honey
  • Coconut oil
.....hopefully this will give my mix the creamy/pudding consistency I need. I may add some water....but then again....I may not....:yep:

I henna overnite, so I don't need to wait for color release. And with all the moisturizing ingredients listed, I don't have to worry about any drying. And I would imagine it should rinse right out the next day.

Will keep you all posted on how it turns out.:yep:

Last edited:
I would like to hear how that mix works!

I just did my first henna gloss with my fozen left over henna.

It sure was a lot easier to rinse but my hair is still wet so I dont know how much conditioning or color It will leave.

I think I'll join with those of you who will be henna-glossing from now on. My mix will be:
  • henna
  • Tresemme Moisture Vitamin E
  • Honey
  • Coconut oil
.....hopefully this will give my mix the creamy/pudding consistency I need. I may add some water....but then again....I may not....:yep:

I henna overnite, so I don't need to wait for color release. And with all the moisturizing ingredients listed, I don't have to worry about any drying. And I would imagine it should rinse right out the next day.

Will keep you all posted on how it turns out.:yep:

Has anyone received a dark brown color from henna without using the indigo? I know the longer you leave it on the deeper the color but its still red. I heard adding coffee can produce a brown color...anyone try this successfully? any suggestions?

MZ Dee Dee, the henna alone will always be red toned.

Coffee, and amla powder are good alternatives for toning down that red. But I'd still recommend either katam or indigo to push more towards brown tones.

I henna'd on Friday. My hair has thickened up tremendously since I started. But I can't get the shine.

This batch I used hot distilled water, evco, evoo and brahmi. My hair looks and feels great. What I did notice was when I added a little almond glaze for sheen, I didn't need to reapply and its been 3 days.:yay: I'm on my way to shine.

I was introduced to Henna by HoneyDew .
I mix it with Yogurt EVOO and a conditioner and leave it on under a cap for approx an hour, cant beat the results!!!

I have been using Cassia, but Im about out of that.

I'm sitting in my henna mix now but have to go to the gym in an hour and a half. Can I work out with henna in hair? I plan on doing treadmill for about 40 mins and then weight training for about 30 mins.

How does this mix sound:

Henna
Cinnamon
water
Honey
coconut oil

This is for coloring and conditioning. I better write this down. LOL . Want a red color but not brownish red. A deep burgandy. Maybe I'll add a red wine too.

I just used henna for the first time last night....I used Mumtaz Al Aroosa. I only allowed the henna to sit for 4 hours so I dont know if the dye had enough time to release. I used distilled water, acv, a little jojoba oil. I only allowed it to marinate on my hair for a little over 2 hours.

Final results: I loooooved it!!! The color turned out a deep wine reddish color but very suttle....only noticeable in direct light. The best part is how conditioned and strong my hair feels now:)

I highly recommnd it but ladies please do your research on different concoctions that will work on your specific hair type....I think Im a 2c-3a

For tangles add a bit of conditioner to your recipe.

I am glad to hear everyone is doing well with their henna.

The recipe sounds good! Let us know how it turns out.

Anyone else had any questions that didn't get answered?

Anyone else had any questions that didn't get answered?

Yes, me!!

I still have not ordered my Henna and Indigo because I am still struggling with a recipe. I am trying to get chocolate brown hair but I have no idea of how much to use, should I add Amla or not, one step or two step etc... I also need to cover grey in the front, not sure if that matters.

There is a ton of information about Henna on this site but for me it has become overwhelming. Everyone uses a different mix with add ins but I just want the simple version. My hair is between shoulder and APL.

Does this looks right?
100 grams Henna
200 grams Indigo
??? Amla (don't know how much to use or even if I should)

i finally henna'd. I had bought some mumtaz from my local indian store but was discouraged when I read some bad reviews... So I went out to another store and got some dulhan.

I mixed it up with water, amla oil and vo5 condish all at once and let it sit for about a day. The morning of, I clarified and air dried. Then later in the evening I applied it and let sit for about 4 hrs. I washed out with some vo5 and aussie deep and then sit for about 30 mins with Giovanni 50:50 moisutizing condish.

My hair feels super strong and looks thick. I had no issues washing out/detangling. In fact, I've been having a bit of shedding and I saw a lot less hairs in the comb this morning.:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

BUT!!!! I got no noticeable color AT ALL.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: There is but a VERY VERY SLIGHT hue of maybe brown or red.. can't tell. But it is ever so slight no one would tell the difference. I'm 4b relaxed with 1b color hair. What can I do to get more color? I'm going for an auburn/burgundy/reddish color.

TIA

i finally henna'd. I had bought some mumtaz from my local indian store but was discouraged when I read some bad reviews... So I went out to another store and got some dulhan.

I mixed it up with water, amla oil and vo5 condish all at once and let it sit for about a day. The morning of, I clarified and air dried. Then later in the evening I applied it and let sit for about 4 hrs. I washed out with some vo5 and aussie deep and then sit for about 30 mins with Giovanni 50:50 moisutizing condish.

My hair feels super strong and looks thick. I had no issues washing out/detangling. In fact, I've been having a bit of shedding and I saw a lot less hairs in the comb this morning.:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

BUT!!!! I got no noticeable color AT ALL.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: There is but a VERY VERY SLIGHT hue of maybe brown or red.. can't tell. But it is ever so slight no one would tell the difference. I'm 4b relaxed with 1b color hair. What can I do to get more color? I'm going for an auburn/burgundy/reddish color.

TIA

The color will become more visible over time. I started noticing color changes on my 1b hair after the third use or so. Give it time and enjoy the conditioning for now.

I have henna on my hair right now for the first time. I've been waffling for a year or so about doing it, and then I decided to finally take the plunge. I'm not really interested in the color (that's just a bonus), but I am definitely all for the conditioning benefits.

I'm using Jamila henna (recommended to me by a couple different people) mixed with tea, ACV, honey, and Humectress conditioner. I'm super concerned about the rinse out process, but I hope it won't be too much trouble. The mess factor was less than I thought it would be, but I did get some on my shoulders, neck, and ears. I wiped it off almost right away, but it ends up staining it should fade in a few days, right?

As for the smell, I find that I actually like it. It smells a bit like sauteed spinach. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back